• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
It might be a bayo 2 situation cause let's be honest, capcom is going down hill. Maybe Sony agreed to fund some of it. + we didn't find out tomb raider was exclusive till after its announcement. Personally I don't care for either of em, but at least sf5 is coming to PC as well unlike tr witch is only the bone

If it was a Bayonetta 2 situation Sony wouldn't hesitate to take away a PC release.

r3n4ud

Couple of real heavy hitters here folks
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (r3n4ud, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Sinister City -- MB-7B012D0139C3D1D1 - Taken by redlacs
Ballpoint Universe -- MB-15E0930EE1729151 - Taken by Miniboss

People keep bringing Tomb Raider to the discussion. Is Street Fighter V a timed exclusive as well?
they've said nothing about timed exclusive, but people can assume that some form of SFV is going to show up on X1 because capcom is not filled with that much stupid. More than likely, Sony is putting some money down for marketing and buying themselves some temp exclusivity.

regardless, we're not going to hear the word xbox for about a week while PSX is going.

fantomena

Unknown. The situation is the same as with Tomb Raider though, with the claim being that it's "exclusive" without any mention of duration of that exclusivity.

The trailer was more straightfoward with "Exclusively on PS4 and PC", but Tomb Rider said "Coming Holiday 2015, exclusively on Xbox".

Lomax

Capcom doesn't need timed exclusivity on SFV, they can just release Mega Street Fighter V six months later on different systems. They've only been doing that for two and a half decades now.

Dr Dogg

There's only one Dinosaur in a fighting game for me.
Gon_versus_Jin_Kazama_-_Tekken_3_-_1.jpg
Plus he had the best ending ever!

Every Steamguard notification I've got since the system changed has given me the code to authorise the new device or computer, the IP address of where the request was made and then details of what to do if your didn't request it like changing your password or locking your account until you chat to support. I've never had a 'success' email or anything of the sort.

I'm sorry, just wanted to lighten the thing. :(

Anyway, you said Steam Guard, so let's assume someone tried to log in your account, and let's even assume he has your password, when he log in, you should automatically receive a Steam Guard mail containing a code to enter on Steam to "unlock" your login attempt.
Without that code, that someone just cannot complete the login.

Okay, thanks guys. That's a load off my mind.

ExoSoul

Banned
Capcom doesn't need timed exclusivity on SFV, they can just release Mega Street Fighter V six months later on different systems. They've only been doing that for two and a half decades now.

It's not Capcom that has something to gain from this.

You could just click a gaf banner ad, they are Russian mail order bride ads 90% of the times anyway.

1. Get a Russian bride
2. Cheap games from Russia
3 wife included
4 ??
5. Profit

Milamber

You could just click a gaf banner ad, they are Russian mail order bride ads 90% of the times anyway.

1. Get a Russian bride
3 wife included
4 ??
5. Profit
The only GAF banner ads I get are Japanese figures and Tenga's.

EDIT: and cute girls in my neighborhood.

Deques

1. Get a Russian bride
3 wife included
4 ??
5. Profit

Maintaining a Russian brides cost quite a lot. There is no profit to gain

Dr Dogg

What would happen if Valve announced Left4Dead 3 as Mac only? Well probably not a lot as setting up a hackintosh is pretty easy theses day, well unless you got an AMD CPU. Still I got 3 Mac's why should I care about you Windows only chumps :p

ViviOggi

What would happen if Valve announced Left4Dead 3 as Mac only? Well probably not a lot as setting up a hackintosh is pretty easy theses day, well unless you got an AMD CPU. Still I got 3 Mac's why should I care about you Windows only chumps :p
Is there a piece of hardware you don't own 3 of?

Milamber

Speaking of DoA5, I really want to test broadcasting at 720p. 480p was largely unproblematic but I want to see how far until it lags and need feedback.

I set my Broadcast to friends only. So hit me up on the friends list.

Also, please decide whether you want/can to watch it by the game title alone before you go click into my broadcast.

yuraya

Saw this gif on teh front page of community and started laughing so hard lol.

113B7581E5E3C8CFCFDB7445E676F4F44FDAD482

Also that EuroTruckSim2 gif is amazing as well.

People wouldn't care it's not like Valve make games anymore and L4D is no exception ;)

Dr Dogg

Is there a piece of hardware you don't own 3 of?

Lots and to be fair one of those Mac's has a knackered PSU that I'm not really in the mood to take it apart but more importantly my headphones are held together with insulation tape, my phone has suffered from further OS updates not designed for it, I really need a DVD drive that doesn't have a near decade old IDE interface and my printer at home falls apart if I try to use it due to lots of broken plastic lugs and hinges. I only splurge on the fun toys.

MUnited83

For you.
Speaking of DoA5, I really want to test broadcasting at 720p. 480p was largely unproblematic but I want to see how far until it lags and need feedback.

I set my Broadcast to friends only. So hit me up on the friends list.

Also, please decide whether you want/can to watch it by the game title alone before you go click into my broadcast.

I've just sent you a friend request. I just want to watch it for the plot, I swear!

Unknown. The situation is the same as with Tomb Raider though, with the claim being that it's "exclusive" without any mention of duration of that exclusivity.

they've said nothing about timed exclusive, but people can assume that some form of SFV is going to show up on X1 because capcom is not filled with that much stupid. More than likely, Sony is putting some money down for marketing and buying themselves some temp exclusivity.

regardless, we're not going to hear the word xbox for about a week while PSX is going.

I see.
I do admit that every games for every system would be a too perfect world and won't be happening.

If it was a Bayonetta 2 situation Sony wouldn't hesitate to take away a PC release.
Man I'm just taking shots in the dark. Maybe its this way not cause of Sony but they just can't afford to make 3 versions at the same time? Honestly either way it'll end up on the bone eventually, just like how tomb raider will eventually be on pc and ps4

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
its a japanese trailer

maybe its just exclusive for PS4 / PC in japan. xbox is DOA over there anyway (not like pc is much better)

edit: theres a new groupees starting in 3hours and nobody told me. fuck all of youse, bastards

ViviOggi

Thank you. Oh my~ :(
Ay caramba

Should have settled it in Smash

Lots and to be fair one of those Mac's has a knackered PSU that I'm not really in the mood to take it apart but more importantly my headphones are held together with insulation tape, my phone has suffered from further OS updates not designed for it, I really need a DVD drive that doesn't have a near decade old IDE interface and my printer at home falls apart if I try to use it due to lots of broken plastic lugs and hinges. I only splurge on the fun toys.
Heh, I see and I feel you on the headphones. My Sennheiser's mic broke (boo headsets, I know I know) and now I'm wearing a second cheap one I had lying around on my neck for online sessions.

Since the early days of SF2 I've learned a few things about that franchise.

1. Wait for the "Super" or "Ultra" editions.
2. Exclusive means nothing on a game that usually has several upgrades over a single generation.
3. Cammy makes me feel funny.

Uzzy

That's beautiful.

2. Exclusive means nothing on a game that usually has several upgrades over a single generation.

Waiting on a fighting game is a sure fire way to get destroyed, if you're interested in playing multiplayer.

And yes, Cammy is certainly amazing. Her Shadaloo outfit especially.

Strider

Saw this gif on teh front page of community and started laughing so hard lol.

113B7581E5E3C8CFCFDB7445E676F4F44FDAD482

XD holy shit lol

--

Anyway I'm about to finish up Transistor. This game is one of the better one's I've played this year. I thought Bastion was mediocre but the combat system in this is so interesting. The mixing and matching of functions is brilliant and there are so many possible combinations. I've been switching everything around at almost every access point so far. I'll be doing a NG+ playthrough of this for sure.

the problem with waiting for iterations on fighting games is that if you truly want to be competitive in the online arena, you have to start from the first version. Otherwise, when super/ultra/mega-super-ultra comes out, you'll be competing against those that have months, if not years, of experience while you're just happy you kinda accidentally pulled off that ultra move regardless of whether it landed or not.

Dr Dogg

So going through that SFV teaser again here's something that stood out for me...
Transcript of early part of teaser said:
Passion, it's how we do what we do. To make something beautiful, to change the game. It's that drive that fuels us, the artist, the warrior, the visionary. It doesn't matter who you are or what you look like everybody can tap into it, we all speak their language.
Everybody you say?

People wouldn't care it's not like Valve make games anymore and L4D is no exception ;)

I'm sure if L4D3 switched sides and was on PS4 as well there would be a surprising amount of caring going on.

Heh, I see and I feel you on the headphones. My Sennheiser's mic broke (boo headsets, I know I know) and now I'm wearing a second cheap one I had lying around on my neck for online sessions.

Grief will probably kill me but I just can't get excited about buying a new pair of headphones. I'll pick something decent up when my ATH M50's finally fall apart but I'm trying to get my money's worth here!

Top Bottom