• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

the problem with waiting for iterations on fighting games is that if you truly want to be competitive in the online arena, you have to start from the first version. Otherwise, when super/ultra/mega-super-ultra comes out, you'll be competing against those that have months, if not years, of experience while you're just happy you kinda accidentally pulled off that ultra move regardless of whether it landed or not.

I'm the odd cat who has Ultra SFIV on Steam and has never played online :)
But I'm aware I'm the weird one here.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
So going through that SFV teaser again here's something that stood out for me...

Everybody you say?

ibgoZtmCCzwlh3.gif

Uzzy

So going through that SFV teaser again here's something that stood out for me...

Everybody you say?

Given how good the training modes are in more recent fighting games, if SFV doesn't have something that at least matches Skullgirls, I'll be hugely disappointed. It'd be a big missed opportunity.

KainXVIII

I think all we must care in this thread, is that SF5 will be on pc :)
who gives on what console it will be exclusive?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I think all we must care in this thread, is that SF5 will be on pc :)
who gives on what console it will be exclusive?

Excellent point. Capcom staff wants to play as nude Cammie so they have to release a PC because they can't make that skin for themselves since it would look sketchy. By releasing on PC and using community mods they will just look like they are "conducting community research."

Dr Dogg

I'm still waiting on MvC3 PC news :(

Given how good the training modes are in more recent fighting games, if SFV doesn't have something that at least matches Skullgirls, I'll be hugely disappointed. It'd be a big missed opportunity.

Just so I'm not telling porkies and because the orignal vid is now set to private
http://a.pomf.se/uxpcau.webm

I wonder if that post is for real or not.

Yeah if this...
Now they go and throw immense moneyhats at a niche game like Street Fighter just to piss off the market
and this...
The next Bayonetta, Dead Space and Crysis as exclusives. Those are the kinds of blockbuster response announcements

isn't taking the piss I don't know what is.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of BruteUA, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Deadly 30 -- MB-1942499B119E9D13 - Taken by titch. 1 entrants total.
The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing: Complete Pack -- MB-1DFCCB6DC6C9B7A0 - Taken by AsylumX. 8 entrants total.
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed -- MB-C686E0BBEF0EE12C
SteamWorld Dig -- MB-E94EDEDB35505006 - Taken by Saty. 5 entrants total.
Tiny Barbarian DX -- MB-526847D8E8F10B35 - Taken by didamangi. 8 entrants total.
This game is awesome.
NiGHTS Into Dreams -- MB-FDEC94EE2D9482D0 - Taken by Zeeman. 1 entrants total.
Empire: Total War -- MB-1F03F9C181634ADB - Taken by tioslash. 4 entrants total.

t1417797079z1.png

Arthea

But for real how is GabeN securing all these third party exclusives for Steam??

I know you jest, but how I wished for valve to finance Bayo 2, not only for a game itself, but for neverending hilarity we would be living in now, and it selling more than all Bayos on all platforms combined ... just imagine that! such a missed opportunity for laughs, giggles and fun for years

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Warhammer 40k Kill Team (the twin stick shooteR) is 75% off on gamersgate, cheaepest its been I believe

When did Tomb Raider become exclusive?

the Tomb Raider Holiday Special will appear next holiday season for the all in one platform, the Xbox One.

It'll come out a few months after on the PS4, when the fourth uncharted game isn't there to eat up its sales anymore.

This made the internet super mad that the sequel to a game that most people kinda-sorta-didn't-care-for they couldn't avoid purchasing as soon as they could like. It was a super dumb moment, as all exclusive-related announcements tend to be.

Dr Dogg

IDK that thread is pretty boring compared with Bayo2 announcement, there are no death treats or anything.

Oh come on who doesn't like to see folks with a severe case of Nimbyism and double standards get caught out. Death threats aren't really something to laugh at in my eyes regardless if they're serious or not.

Damn that sucks. I've seen someone stream the game and he reached the final boss, which was broken and undefeatable.

Yeah the game is really buggy.
It also suffers from frame-rate issues.
Some of the bosses glitch out.
The hit-box is too tall.

It's fun, and rewarding when everything clicks, but I really should have waited a month or two for the game-breaking issues to get sorted.

Dr Dogg

I'm sure Capcom have seen the masses of internet wide debates and know first hand about the power gap so to end all the debates and such just made it a PS4 console exclusive. Suck it parity poopers

Arthea

Oh come on who doesn't like to see folks with a severe case of Nimbyism and double standards get caught out. Death threats aren't really something to laugh at in my eyes regardless if they're serious or not.

of course dead threads itself ain't funny! it's to what lengths people can go over game's exclusivity, what's funny.

Anteater

It's kind of strange they announce pc for a console exclusive though, usually they just announce it on the platform they have a marketing deal with or whatever don't they?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
It's kind of strange they announce pc for a console exclusive though, usually they just announce it on the platform they have a marketing deal with or whatever don't they?

seeing "exclusive on ps4 and pc" is fucking bizarre. Pc would usually be a hidden announcement later, not a trailer thing

Lunaniem

seeing "exclusive on ps4 and pc" is fucking bizarre. Pc would usually be a hidden announcement later, not a trailer thing

I imagine they will show it off officially at PSE with a version that just says PS4, that has happened before in cases like the GTAV next gen announcement.

Alavard

Yes! Glad I wasn't the only one who was so surprised to see the PC part not hidden away. It's kind of a big deal that not only are so many Japanese developers starting to embrace Steam as a platform, but they're now starting not to be as shy about it.

Now, Capcom being one to do it isn't a huge surprise, given how they've had a relatively good track record with games on Steam recently (Dead Rising 3 being the big exception). Between their good ports and the fairly frequent sales on Steam, it feels like Capcom actually values Steam as a platform.

Another shitstorm will come when SFV final graphics and screenshots begin to come out and the PC outclasses the PS4.

"Sure, your $5000 machine can get better IQ than a $400 machine"
"Pixel hunters"
"It looks the same to me"

It will be delicious.

Top Bottom