• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Another shitstorm will come when SFV final graphics and screenshots begin to come out and the PC outclasses the PS4.

"Sure, your $5000 machine can get better IQ than a $400 machine"
"Pixel hunters"
"It looks the same to me"

It will be delicious.

Seeing as that we can play SF4 at like 8k locked at 240 fps on modern rigs, I wouldn't be surprised if SF5 can do 4K at 120 fps handily at launch.

GaussTek

So, between DOA5, USFIV Extreme Edition (SFV), Dragon Ball Xenoverse, MKX (and so on), it's only matter of time for Tekken 7 and Guilty Gear Xrd to be announced for PC/Steam, right? (and hopefully VF5 too! :p)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So, between DOA5, USFIV Extreme Edition (SFV), Dragon Ball Xenoverse, MKX (and so on), it's only matter of time for Tekken 7 and Guilty Gear Xrd to be announced for PC/Steam, right? (and hopefully VF5 too! :p)

not unrelated, but Heavy Day from Xrd is my favorite fighting game song ever. Im not joking. I love fake-english japanese metal, and this one is my fave

I constantly bang my head to it like im 14 years old again

Arthea

I hope for Guilty Gear Xrd announcement, yes,
I also still can't take that name with a straight face
What about Soulcalibur?

online? ONLINE?
We didn't ask for this
can we just get DD first?

I'll just quote my post because it's how I feel right now :

s8Q0rXL.gif

i just wanted to finally play dd with a decent framerate holy shit capcom let me throw my ps3 copy away

Dying Light sys reqs

Previously posted requirements were placeholders, these are the new requirements.

Hi everyone,

A lot of you guys have been commenting on our system requirements. Today, we have revealed our official system requirements, and as you'll notice, they're not as huge as they were previously. Those were used as placeholders and now they have are updated.

Please hop on to our Store page to see the new specs.

And for those that don't like to click, here they are nicely pasted for you:

Minimum requirements:
OS: Windows® 7 64-bit / Windows® 8 64-bit / Windows® 8.1 64-bit
Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-2500 @3.3 GHz / AMD FX-8320 @3.5 GHz
Memory: 4 GB RAM DDR3
Hard Drive: 40 GB available space
Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 560 / AMD Radeon™ HD 6870 (1GB VRAM)
Direct X®: Version 11
Sound: DirectX® compatible

Recommended requirements:
OS: Windows® 7 64-bit / Windows® 8 64-bit / Windows® 8.1 64-bit
Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-4670K @3.4 GHz / AMD FX-8350 @4.0 GHz
Memory: 8 GB RAM DDR3
Hard Drive: 40 GB available space
Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 780 / AMD Radeon™ R9 290 (2GB VRAM)
Direct X: Version 11
Sound: DirectX® compatible

Additional Notes:
Laptop versions of graphics cards may work but are NOT officially supported.
Windows-compatible keyboard, mouse, optional controller (Xbox 360 Controller for Windows recommended)

Much more reasonable now.

Dr Dogg

I'll just quote my post because it's how I feel right now :

i just wanted to finally play dd with a decent framerate holy shit capcom let me throw my ps3 copy away

It's going to be the new name for Deep Down isn't it :(

Saying that just as long as it's not a microtransaction orgy I think I could happily tuck into a new DD game if you get a multi focused monster slaying type game.

Going to be console exclusive isn't it :(

Dying Light sys reqs

Re the majority of posts in that thread teehee!

Well, after just one game of Civ 5 these things happened:
-Ozium and Shadownet are banned (they were still okay before I started the game)
-Street Fighter V got unmasked early, and the meltdowns are ongoing
-Higurashi
-Need for Speed Underground is Doritos Pope's surprise (Don't fuck this up EA!)
Anything else that I've missed?

Moral lesson: Don't play Civ 5 on the eve of a major event.

Milamber

-Ozium and Shadownet are banned (they were still okay before I started the game)
-Higurashi

Or keep playing Civ V and the bombs keep dropping.

Nzyme32

seeing "exclusive on ps4 and pc" is fucking bizarre. Pc would usually be a hidden announcement later, not a trailer thing

Yeah it's pretty bizarre, but I appreciate Capcom's willingness to make sure it was clear what platform availability was without the usual small print. Having said that, there will no doubt be several future editions available on other platforms

Zafir

-Higurashi

They both got banned for it? o_O I saw the drama but didn't really expect that.

Guys, this fucking post in the SFV thread…

They've gone and done it... they've gone and woke the sleeping dragon now.

Sony should have left well enough alone and now they're going to get it. It's not enough that they're bleeding benjamins from practically every crevice of their existence. Now they go and throw immense moneyhats at a niche game like Street Fighter just to piss off the market. Why pay to keep a game out of the hands of as many gamers as possible? Why not put that money into first-party studios and games instead?

I know, I know... this is the way the business goes as they say. Well, they forced Microsoft's hands with their early sales lead and Microsoft only responded with an NPD whooping (source: musings thread) by way of incredible deals and value. Microsoft will undoubtedly follow this announcement up with some real megatons of their own.

Gears remake collection. A true Banjo sequel. Halo 5 beta in the hands of gamers. The next Bayonetta, Dead Space and Crysis as exclusives. Those are the kinds of blockbuster response announcements I expect, and then some. You hit Microsoft with a jab, you best be ready for a flurry of uppercuts coming at you in response.

It shall be quoted again and again until the end of time, like the "I'm an expert" and "The age of Sony is over" ones. Simply beautiful.

ZnqQ5.gif

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
that moment when you buy the disney mega pack and realize that it doest come with all the princess games

759.gif

baterism

-Higurashi

Won't surprised. Civ V do nasty things to people. No, no, I'm done.

Dragon Dogma Online? Bigger chance to come to Steam, eh :p

Zafir

I think Dragons Dogma Online will most likely just be Deep Down renamed. It makes sense to use a brand people are already familiar with.

GaussTek

not unrelated, but Heavy Day from Xrd is my favorite fighting game song ever. Im not joking. I love fake-english japanese metal, and this one is my fave

I constantly bang my head to it like im 14 years old again

Oh yeah, it's just awesome!

ArcSys twitter was teasing with a user when they revealed CS for steam. https://twitter.com/ArcSystemWorksU/status/533433409667076097

Yep, saw that a few days ago. Hopefully BlazBlue: Continuum Shift does well so they make up their minds already :d

I'll give them every street fighter from here to eternity if they just did a PC port of KI. C'mon, it's a f2p game so no one is gonna get mad if you put it on a platform where there is a great potential for it to be successful because most haven't bothered to pay for it.

So SF5 eh, wow.
I wonder if that's a panty raid game or if they are instead evolving the SF4 engine.

given the obvious similarities to SFIV, along with the fact that Dimps did most of the grunt work for SFIV (and capcom isn't too keen on letting outsiders use their engines), i'd imagine it's either a beefed up SFIV engine or something that Dimps is developing on their own.

Turfster

Jesus, what happened in here...
Anyway!

Games Republic Capcom sale

Bundlestars Nordic Sale Final day is Red Faction franchise 85% off, Gothic franchise 85% off

GMG's deal of the day is various Paradox Interactive games
They have Bioshock Infinite 75% off, Season pass 66% off, current voucher 53NSRB-GTOJQD-8WN7GJ
They also have 50% off the Final Fantasy games

Top Bottom