• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

How long does it take to complete Arkham Asylum?

I'm the type of guy who in most cases can only stick to a game for 5 hours.

I don't know, but it felt short to me when I played it because I loved every moment, AC instead felt boring so I quit after a couple hours :p

Chariot

So yeah I haven't bought a thing during this sale, feels odd, but my backlog is so full that I really haven't been inspired to buy anything. That and I started playing Batman Arkham Asylum on the day the sale started (for the first time too, bought it last year for $5), so I've been busy playing games rather than shopping for them. I think the lack of any sale badges or achievements also gave me a "wait for the winter sale" vibe too.

I'll most likely buy a bunch of stuff at the winter sale just to give myself some frugal Christmas presents, lol.

Batman:AA is fucking awesome though, it's like a Batman The Animated Series Video Game, so much damn fun.
Disgusting behaviour, smh

wetflame

Pizza Dog
It's still giving me an error even with your example.

Apparently the last number is calculated and is a checksum based on the other numbers:
fa360ca1ed8cf38c084cece6d1016e09.png

The sum 46 has the last digit of 6. That is then subtracted from ten to give the value: x = 10 - 6 = 4; the checksum is the last digit (in this example, the only digit) of this: 4

If the sum had been 50, then subtraction of the last digit 0 from 10 would give the value x = 10 - 0 = 10. The last digit of this is 0 which would be the resulting checksum.

So simple!

im having some issues with killer is dead using the 60 fps fix , the cutscenes freeze from time to time or they just stop , what should i do?

The Witcher 3 is giving me quite a first world headache.
I'm a huge fan of the franchise (built my current PC to play TW2) but I'm in a bad place financially now and I don't have money for an upgrade or a PS4.
My current PC is fine for the stuff I plan to play on it in the near future (REmake, RE Revelations 2, Trails in the Sky 2 and it meets the minimun requirements for Ground Zeroes) but TW3 is another story.
Problem is I also want to play Bloodborne and Uncharted 4 so I might try to scratch the money together for a PS4 and be done with it. The prices of the games are fucking ridiculous though, god damn.

I have a ton of stuff to play right now between Vita, 3DS and PC so I could just wait it out like I'm doing with other games I'd like to play like TEW or FC4 but I really need TW3 lol.

Well, you didn't list your PC specs, but I think if you can run Witcher 2 smoothly, you'll run W3 too. Of course, if CDPR optimize it well, since when I had a 760, the game still had microfreezes in and there, ubersampling off.

I has a similar issue, so I turned off 60 fps fix.

I have a good cpu (2600k) but ram is only 4 gigs and gpu only has 1gb.

im having some issues with killer is dead using the 60 fps fix , the cutscenes freeze from time to time or they just stop , what should i do?

Turn vsync off.

Pachimari

Just to be sure I have understood it correctly. V-sync is what removes the tearing in games?

I always have it On in all of my games.

The thing I don't get is why in some games v-sync just removes tearing, but in other games it does that but also adds a shit-ton of input lag. I don't turn v-sync on anymore in (e.g.) quake live because the mouse feels sluggish.

r3n4ud

Another IG extra
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (r3n4ud, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Grimind -- MB-98E09D0043BF25AB - Taken by sensoft04

KtSlime

Is there any sort of list of games that are getting GFWL removed? And what are the chances of the games becoming available in my region (Japan) when they get updated? Or is that something completely unknown/unrelated?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
They're never gonna do "free gifts" anymore for xmas right, what with the exploits last time?

KarasuEXE

Good luck! I will also contact the winner to give another key, so they can play with a friend :)
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (KarasuEXE, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Don't Starve Together -- MB-702FE9E9AA8E91D2 - Taken by salazar547

Cyber monday deals:
GMG's are kind of weak, apart from the 75% off Murdered Soul Suspect

Murdered looks like a great deal. When the VIP page for Blue Monday is activated, it may very well be $6, going by the previous VIP discounts.

Edit: Comes to out to $6 with coupon too (YEHWO3-8WN62G-KZ7AVT) for those not paying with credit.

I thought we were getting RDR on PC for a minute.

Now I'm sad.
People need to face reality that it's never going to happen. Red Dead Redemption's development was plagued with horrible management, its engine was a mess on a technical level for the developers themselves and there were also some terrible working conditions involved for the studio behind the game, based on the "dev wife drama" a few years back among other stories. Yet somehow it's still feasible for it to be ported over after all this time, when Rockstar has experienced rampant problems for years on end with it already? On top of them being a company that hardly has any interest in anything but the console market anymore?

A PC version will never come to fruition.

I just wanted to pop in and say that i'm finding idle master to be an enjoyable way to accrue $.06 cards. Now, i just need a meta game from valve to make that winter sale a cheap way to make my backlog more troublesome.

Well, I would buy a 970, then. Consider this: PS4 will soon have a price drop. I mean, this is the first console (with One) receiving deep discount one year after the official release (just look at PS4+GTAV+Last of Us bundle), so for sure they will cut the price soon. You can always buy it later, anyway. The same is for Uncharted 4. Just wait for a Greatest Hits, Platinum, Goty edition or so. Game on console are expansive, too much. Even with deep discount, they are expansive. I had a PS4, I sold it (pretty much the same price I paid for it), then I bought a good PC. And a 970 too. Yeah, it was expansive anyway, but remember: on PC you can grab most all titles very cheap. You can find Witcher 3 around 20$, for example.

So: if you want play Witcher 3 NOW, you would pay around 400€ (a 970, Ground Zeroes and Witcher 3, full price, presuming GZ will be 20€).
Otherwise, if you want play it on console, the cost is 511€ (again, I considered italian price for boxed, retail games plus the console itself).

Yeah, I have to give it some thought. I also need more ram though.

The thing I don't get is why in some games v-sync just removes tearing, but in other games it does that but also adds a shit-ton of input lag. I don't turn v-sync on anymore in (e.g.) quake live because the mouse feels sluggish.

In KiD turning v-sync off didn't cause the game to tear for me. Couldn't make it past certain cutscenes with it on anyway.

So yeah, I'm enjoying Origins just as much as the previous games. The city looks nice, the christmas decorations and stuff give it a bit more color and create a cool atmosphere.

Lomax

I was looking at the "super discount" black friday display of console games at Walmart this weekend, all games were $20, and I already had basically every game that had a PC version and the only one I had paid over $10 for was Mortal Kombat (which I bought on release and paid $22.50). It really is amazing how much cheaper PC games are. I have a passing interest in having a console but I just can't imagine going back to paying that much per game.

Parsnip

Sadly no, this isn't the case.

You never know.
If you go back to the joystiq article from January, Capcom didn't have any plans for anything but SSF4AE, and that's only because Ultra was coming and they'd have to have an online for that either way. Now they have plans for some stuff at least, so who knows what the future holds.

Though I would be very surprised if Microsoft buckled and did the work on their titles. But never say never. Holding out hope for Viva Pinata Steamworks!

edit: Speaking of g4wl removals, it's really nice to see the work that's going into Red Faction. Nordic seems to be stepping up with the THQ stuff they grabbed, with Darksiders getting Linux and Mac support and stuff.

Lomax

You never know.
If you go back to the joystiq article from January, Capcom didn't have any plans for anything but SSF4AE, and that's only because Ultra was coming and they'd have to have an online for that either way. Now they have plans for some stuff at least, so who knows what the future holds.

Though I would be very surprised if Microsoft buckled and did the work on their titles. But never say never. Holding out hope for Viva Pinata Steamworks!

I'd almost think it's more likely Microsoft will bring some of their titles over since they clearly have a team doing Steamworks releases (with things like AoM and RoN) as opposed to some other companies which have basically abandoned their titles or may not even exist any more.

people asking for keys first, then the game will be sent has turned me off to trading. I guess volvo got to me

Yeah, you pretty much have to have a reliable trader to deal with now, and if you do you may as well use Paypal or something similar instead of key trading as the risk is the same now. I'm honestly surprised the tf2 key market hasn't completely crashed already.

Top Bottom