• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
The Crew released in Australia and New Zealand.

Everyone else should be able to preload now.

good news is - you can set it to 60fps right from the settings menu

bad news is - it still looks like shit :p

Dr Dogg

That's truly mind boggling to hear, Ubi continue to surprise me o_O

It was the same for me with Black Flag and while folks were talking about new patches and the Physx one wrecking their experience I was still waiting for anything to pop up on Uplay but nope. What's more Blacklist is still fucked and won't patch correctly using the Uplay client. I don't know how many releases they have to manage or how big the team is there for Uplay but it doesn't seem like a company priority at all on the content delivery and management side of things.

Pachimari

I had no idea I would actually get outside the asylum. I take it I'll get to get around the whole island in Batman: Arkham Asylum. I like the game so far, I wonder if it can keep me interested.

wilflare

okay I'm horribly forgetful.
JaseC or someone.

what's with the Divnity Dragon Commander Imperial Edition again? it came with some pre-purchase stuff right?

Maniac

Banned
Uhm, some CS:GO player here would like a free eSports 2014 Summer Case?
It barely sells at 0.03€ and my heart cries seeing it unused in my inventory.

MEEEEEEEEEE GIVE IT TO MEEEEEE!!!111 (I don't actually care, although I do play CSGO)

I don't know if he is being too serious or he is the king of irony and the bizarre...

Edit: Finally I get it, he is just pitching his uberman character to studios so he can be rich. It took me a while.
I'm pretty sure he's gonna get super rich. So much better than Ironman, Kratos, The Hulk, Batman, LightningScar MagidKid & SuperOne (what he calls Harry Potter and... Uh, Superman, Superwoman? respectively)

Deques

okay I'm horribly forgetful.
JaseC or someone.

what's with the Divnity Dragon Commander Imperial Edition again? it came with some pre-purchase stuff right?

You get these stuff in Imperial Edition
  • Golden Dragon Skin
  • Dragon on Earth Campaign Map
  • Digital Soundtrack
  • Behind the Scenes Documentary

baterism

giphy.gif

Good. More jrpgs.

Monooboe

Uplay support

Ubisoft really is a mystery, like recently when I preordered the Far Cry 4 collectors edition from them they wrote several emails to me telling me I would have it on relase but then release day came and they hadn't mailed it, even an week later, so I wrote to support asking them whats up, no answer but they do send it couple of days later. Now today I get an answer from support telling me how sorry they are and if I still have the problem.XD I think they might be just too big for their own sake and pisspoor communication internally.

Jawmuncher

Apparently the same poster mentions that it has been known for a while that Rebirth 1 is also on the way. Rebirth 2 is the news found in the PEGI listing

Good News.
Looks like I can skip buying them on Vita then.
Since they'll probably hit bigger sales before those versions do.

Have only played the Producing Perfection and it was pretty meh.
But it was a spinoff and the characters were by far the highlight.

Deques

Can a UK fool jump on that site? I'd pay someone if they could gift it, if that isn't the case!

Sadly CDON is restricted to Nordic countries. I can help though. But I would wait if I were you since this game probably will be dirt cheap along with the season pass

Nzyme32

Nice, but since it's WB and not Disney it will probably be cheaper down the line or be included in some humble bundle :p

I'll wait
also I'm broke, well, not broke, but I need to save for the Winter seal ;)

Two very good points

Sadly CDON is restricted to Nordic countries. I can help though

Thanks for the info and offer, but I think I'll wait a bit longer. I really shouldn't be spending more!!

Corpekata

Banned
You can buy on that site in the US, you just have to make up a personal ID when it asks you. Just bought it, paid via Paypal.

wetflame

Pizza Dog

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I'm pretty far in Lego Batman 3 and it's honestly pretty disappointing compared to LB2. The writing isn't as funny and the the plot doesn't feel as creative.

MUnited83

For you.
I would love this, but I thought the keys were region locked?

Are you talking about Lego Batman 3? Could you activate it without issues?

I don't think keys locked to Sweden is a thing that ever happened in the history of steam. So yeah you should be able to activate it without issues.

Corpekata

Banned
I would love this, but I thought the keys were region locked?

Are you talking about Lego Batman 3? Could you activate it without issues?

Yes.

The site is weird in that it'll be in your library, you have to click it, then it will make sure you pinky promise really want the game and know you can't refund it, and then it will finally give you the key. Downloading now.

Baha

Yes.

The site is weird in that it'll be in your library, you have to click it, then it will make sure you pinky promise really want the game and know you can't refund it, and then it will finally give you the key. Downloading now.

Having trouble making a personal ID, could you pm me an example?

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Thanks for setting me right on the region locking thing. Maybe I'm thinking of buying from other countries' Steam stores? I don't know. Anyway, Deques, I sent you a PM if you don't mind helping me out?

Spares

ModBot said:
Instructions for Darth Kupi:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Darth Kupi, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Osmos -- MB-64F3E69E2F725534 - Taken by Madridista
GTR: Evolution -- MB-FC35C691C9D8E760 - Taken by Rezae

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
So yeah I haven't bought a thing during this sale, feels odd, but my backlog is so full that I really haven't been inspired to buy anything. That and I started playing Batman Arkham Asylum on the day the sale started (for the first time too, bought it last year for $5), so I've been busy playing games rather than shopping for them. I think the lack of any sale badges or achievements also gave me a "wait for the winter sale" vibe too.

I'll most likely buy a bunch of stuff at the winter sale just to give myself some frugal Christmas presents, lol.

Batman:AA is fucking awesome though, it's like a Batman The Animated Series Video Game, so much damn fun.

So yeah I haven't bought a thing during this sale, feels odd, but my backlog is so full that I really haven't been inspired to buy anything. That and I started playing Batman Arkham Asylum on the day the sale started (for the first time too, bought it last year for $5), so I've been busy playing games rather than shopping for them. I think the lack of any sale badges or achievements also gave me a "wait for the winter sale" vibe too.

I'll most likely buy a bunch of stuff at the winter sale just to give myself some frugal Christmas presents, lol.

Batman:AA is fucking awesome though, it's like a Batman The Animated Series Video Game, so much damn fun.

Batman:AA is super amazing, I finished it and loved it 100%, I started AC but it didn't click the same way, in fact I abandoned it, I need to replay them again and see if I can finish them all now that I have Oranges too.

Pachimari

How long does it take to complete Arkham Asylum?

I'm the type of guy who in most cases can only stick to a game for 5 hours.

Top Bottom