• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

MUnited83

For you.
You never know.
If you go back to the joystiq article from January, Capcom didn't have any plans for anything but SSF4AE, and that's only because Ultra was coming and they'd have to have an online for that either way. Now they have plans for some stuff at least, so who knows what the future holds.

Though I would be very surprised if Microsoft buckled and did the work on their titles. But never say never. Holding out hope for Viva Pinata Steamworks!

edit: Speaking of g4wl removals, it's really nice to see the work that's going into Red Faction.

Of course I know. There are games that will never have GFWL removal, for various reasons. Like Quantum of Solace. Or Section 8. Or AFL Live.

I found a physical copy of Wolfenstein 2009 for ~$10 at a gamestop this weekend but that damn game doesn't redeem on steam. Twas nothing but a tease.

Parsnip

I'd almost think it's more likely Microsoft will bring some of their titles over since they clearly have a team doing Steamworks releases (with things like AoM and RoN) as opposed to some other companies which have basically abandoned their titles or may not even exist any more.

You'd think so, but something like Fable 3 that was available in Steam before was pulled and hasn't seen a db update in 7 months or so. Maybe Lionhead will get to it at some point since they too have Steamworks games under their belt now.

Of course I know. There are games that will never have GFWL removal, for various reasons. Like Quantum of Solace. Or Section 8. Or AFL Live.
Well if you put that way.

redlacs

does Doorways do a good job being scary? (if its anything like Amnesia, i'm in)
does Frayed Knights do a good job being funny? (if its as funny as Holy Avatar, i'd pass)

i only played Doctor Who, which is only sufferable if you're fan of the series. its like playing episodes, which is good, but the gameplay itself is meh

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I found a physical copy of Wolfenstein 2009 for ~$10 at a gamestop this weekend but that damn game doesn't redeem on steam. Twas nothing but a tease.

I know how you feel. I picked up a physical copy on the cheap a few months back, although I knew it wouldn't activate. It just stays on the shelf, shrink wrapped. I keep thinking to myself "I should really just go ahead and install the damn game" until I come to the slow realization that I haven't had an optical drive in my PC in over 5 years.

It's confirmed, I have a problem.

I know how you feel. I picked up a physical copy on the cheap a few months back, although I knew it wouldn't activate. It just stays on the shelf, shrink wrapped. I keep thinking to myself "I should really just go ahead and install the damn game" until I come to the slow realization that I haven't had an optical drive in my PC in over 5 years.

It's confirmed, I have a problem.

I played it on the PS3 back in the day so it's easier to walk away from it, but you should've give it a shot. It sits right beside Singularity as a really good mid-tier Raven shooter that doesn't get enough love.

1,600 ;__;

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (NingenJanai, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Doctor Who: The Adventure Games -- MB-42EBABF51D4C7DF9 - Taken by Yakkue. 3 entrants total.

t1417450443z1.png

Phawx

This message is too short.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Phawx:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Phawx, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Deep Eclipse: New Space Odyssey -- MB-4C6B27F361809B30 - Taken by Florida Man

Thorgal

jshackles

Do you have an update on incorporating enhanced Steam into the client ?

It's been a while since i saw an update on that .

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Did anyone post yet about the Twitter shitstorm going on currently by the "I Get This Call Every Day" dev?

I'll preface this by saying I don't want to turn this into a GamerGate thread, so here goes:

Basically, he promised to give Steam keys to people who bought the game through his site or through Humble, etc. Now he is saying he will be making sure that nobody that supports GamerGate gets a Steam key.

It's yet another case of "devs really shouldn't open their mouth on Twitter".

jshackles

Do you have an update on incorporating enhanced Steam into the client ?

It's been a while since i saw an update on that .

I'm working on an updated version for the Standalone launcher application, that will do a lot of things in the background like check to make sure your Steam IP addresses are up-to-date in the rinetd.conf file, and other things like automatically update the standalone code when there's a new version available. That will give me a better base to work from going forward, so that's the next step. Once that's done I'll be working on modernizing the code to work with the new Steam store layout.

Arthea

I would pay $6 for Murdered, but as 6€ is not $6, waiting for winter sale!

edited: I'm kinda curious what will be added to Sega bundle, I don't remember BTA being so low for some time and only way to rescue situation is to add something good, no?

edited: I'm kinda curious what will be added to Sega bundle, I don't remember BTA being so low for some time and only way to rescue situation is to add something good, no?

I'm hoping for Space Marine but it's gonna be some more Total War DLC or some shit like that.

also, im going to be that guy who passes on Murdered SS because i don't wanna pay more than the inevitable $5

Divius

Finished The Walking Dead season 2, which was a lot worse than the first one. Took me around 8 hours. I didn't much care about the characters and found myself being forced to choose and/or make decisions about stuff I didn't care about at all. Seemed like towards the end I mostly went with the [....] option because the others didn't appeal to me. It wasn't all bad though; game had some good segments and it looks good. Still incredibly underwhelming.

I'm hoping that Strider is worth the $6 because I just bought it. What people around here thought about it?

I had more fun playing Batman Blackgate, and i considered that game to not even be close to perfect. And i got it for "free" through PS+, so i didn't even pay for it.

So do with that what you will.

Backlogger

I was thinking the same thing, but then I started thinking that they might not go that route either since so many people who already bought the bundle and are locked in at a cheap BTA would be getting "something good" for next to nothing. I think for me to get the next tier I just need to up my purchase amount by $2.30. I might do it regardless, but currently I already have the games in the middle tier.

They really shouldn't put DLC in a bundle like that unless the bundle also includes the base game.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

Wrapped up the campaign + the 3 dlc released so far. Scattered thoughts:
  • DX11 support finally! No missing options! It looks phenomenal at 4K (DSR).
  • The art direction is a mixed bag. First half of the levels are boring. The Lantern planets look great though.
  • The story was a bit disappointing. The plot was sort of bland and I didn't feel excited till the final level.
  • The writing wasn't as funny or sharp as LB2. I wasn't laughing anywhere near as much.
  • A couple lines were perfect though, both in delivery and timing.
  • Similar to the art direction, the level design was pretty bland in the first half and then picked up on the Lantern planets. It felt more formulaic than usual.
  • The Resogun "rip-off" segments were pretty entertaining and amusing. Additional joy was felt due to that salty thread made about them.
  • Increased focus on the Flash was great. He was superbly animated and a joy to play as.

DLC thoughts so far:
  • Overall: pretty disappointing all around.
  • The Dark Knight level is boring and uncreative.
  • The Batman 75th Anniversary level consists of some puzzles in a single room. Again, boring.
  • The Man of Steel level picked possibly the least interesting segment of the film to recreate. Disappointing.
  • Despite this I'm still pretty hyped for the Arrow level to come out.

MadGear

Oh my god, TEW 12€ at gamersgate (with discount code). I thought i made a bargain when i got the game for 25€ a few weeks after release ... haven't even finished it yet.

Lomax

Since Ensgin-1 is EA game we'll might see if there's any truth to this:

RYMrpoh.png

Steam really should get back into doing bundles regularly, it seems silly that they are all relegated to third party sites via keys now. Maybe this change is similar to the trading change, Valve is seeing customer service issues with a bad effort to reward ratio and trying to cut some things out. Wouldn't surprise me if they started restricting early access games from being able to generate keys at all.

I dont get this. Anyone care to explain? :D

The new early access rules for devs is that they can't do substantial discounts in places off steam if they aren't doing them on steam as well. Presumably this would include things like being in a bundle.

Top Bottom