• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

You're now back on my shitlist again*. And you'd just gotten off it again :(

The story is all kinds of jank though, but I really like the games anyway. Cute narrative (in the main games, anyway), really nice aesthetic and the combat, whilst simple more often than not, is really cute and neat. And fucking Disney, man. Disney. Bernardo must appreciate it :p

Just kidding, you were never off it**

Okay, okay. I don't actually have a shit list. Well, I do. It's my ignore list. It's very short. It has a few incredibly annoying people on it.

All I know stems from the first game in the series, as it was enough to turn me off of the franchise forever. No amount of Square cameos in a Disney world could get me past the he story which felt both really generic and ridiculous at the same time as well as the TERRIBLE fucking camera during combat with lack of a proper lock on (not to mention the shit gameplay segements like the Tarzan tree).

Hey SteamGAF what is your opinion on GTA V PC releasing almost year and a half after initial launch and after next-gen remaster? I am still not sure will I buy it day one. I don't want to give big money to R* and support their behavior.

You don't want to support what behaviour, exactly? Is the fact that the game you want is arriving on PC after you could get in on a next-gen console making you hastily judge the game before it's released? Or would your rather have a poorly optimized "shit port" right at this very moment... is that worth the day 1 price for you?

Didn't see it, not sure if I'm (probably) super late, but I just got an email from GreenManGaming;

VIP
MxX2r6r.png

YFmaEUz.jpg

Asgaro

Long post incoming.

Hm. You are in the anime or game industry? Care to talk a bit about it? Very interested to hear about it first-hand! If you fear being too OT then PM/steam chat please.
-

Hideous???

That's super cute! Off to the wishlist!
-

It's really obvious what you should do then. Just don't buy the game for at least 2 months after release. It is the time period pubs are most interested in and the time you can vote with your wallet the most effectively. Afterwards get the game at solid discounts and still enjoy it. The pubs will have gotten the message by that time anyway.
-

Nah. He's as much of a monster as the hunchback of notre dame or the monster of the opera.
-

Nice! We were just talking about it yesterday as well. Gonna give it a try. Excited about having ES functionalities without having to wait a couple secs.
Do you recommend uninstalling ES browser plugin beforehand?
-

No would be my guess. One can ask steam when knowing a cd key as to whether he has used the key.
For example. You bought many bundles which give keys. It can be that you have now multiple keys for the same game. But you don't know which key you used and which are unused (maybe you want to give the keys to a friend etc.).
I don't know the actual procedure but you send a query to steam about a key and when you get a mail which says it's activated on your account you then know that key was used by you.
I never did this but from what I've read this should be the gist of it. Maybe I am totally wrong though :p
In doubt ask JaseC.
-

Crazy times. Such a game being exclusive to PC. Haha. Would have never guessed the stepchild of gaming platforms to be in such a healthy position. More and more I am glad I chose PC as my main platform. Weird though. If Sony payed for exclusivity then why not go full? Why be ok with PC as well?
I am not asking for that though, hah. The less exclusives the better. And bought Exclusives are the worst!

Artstyle looks very similar to IV. Wish I was into fighting games. So many great games available. And new stuff on the horizon with DOA, SFV, Guilty Gear. But I just can't. I wan't a story, exploring characters. Not just fighting. I watched the "story movie" of a fighting game and it was surprisingly entertaining. Like a solid b-movie.
-

These gave me a good chuckle.
-

That's actually a very nifty method!
-

Damn. Got me all pumped up.The first one that is :p
Second fits better somehow but the first one, Damn. Damn.
This game gets a solid amount of love. Would love to see it come to pc at some point.
-

Ah yes. Speak of the devil" It is coming. Wait Online? Aww man. Just bring the first game.

:/
-

With the new venture into streaming, is steam gonna stream this as well?

Also, this made me smile. I really do not buy new games. lol

On that. I know some
(frost)
don't like these kind of questions but I do value my fellow steam-gaf folks opinion.
How is Divinity OS? It looks quite intriguing.
-

Life is Feudal and Bedlam look super cool though. But yeah, like you said. Not 24$ cool.
They are likely to get significantly cheaper in the close future.
-

Nice to get more info. Will watch it it later.
But wasn't this procedural generation already being used over 20 years ago with Elite?
It was out of necessity back then because of storage restrictions afair. Still a very clever method which should be worked with and upon more. I sense a lot is possible with that.
-

Is the guy talking Scottish? Some parts were very hard to understand.
But it's a pleasant dialect tbh.
-

It's new to me!
-

Looks... ehrm.. interesting.
Art is nice but I do hope there's a good story to it as well.
-

But... I thought we were... we were friends...

My old heart can only take this much.
-

I just put my detective instincts to work >_>
But yeah, I seriously can't imagine a big pub stay off a platform with millions of users because of porting issues. Heck, I'd wager most pubs would rather put out horribly bad ports than none at all!
Then again, it is weird that PC is there as well. Hm. Did Sony just pony up enough to get the game away from xbox? I can't imagine anyone paying to get the game on pc system. Who would? There ain't no system holder after all.

Killer Instinct huh? You really like brawling/fighting games don't you. Shouldn't you be "hyped" for Street Fighter V then? As it is the biggest thing in the fighting scene.

Disclaimer: My knowledge about the fighting scene is restricted to my time playing Super Street Fighter 2 on my first gaming machine; Amiga 500!
-

Woah. I am so used to gamersydes impeccable video quality that throughout the whole video all I could think was "what horrible IQ". How am I supposed to see any pc improvements like that?

The game itself remains a riddle. Looks story focused which is great. Always great seeing japanese games finding their way on pc :)
And it should bridge the time gap until sega brings yakuza 1-5, kenzan and ishin to steam.

Suck it bayo/vanquish lovers.... or should I say frosty lovers :p
-

Very nice write-up. Thanks!
I love walking sims. Adore them. Good Lord, this looks so good. And your downside about psychobabble is a positive for me actually.
Looking forward to getting this in the future.

Has multiquoting gone too far?

Tellaerin

Steam knows I like them big. Too bad I also like them well drawn.

It's nice to know I'm not alone. >.> (It seems like 90% of the people who actually like anime-style art around here are also card-carrying members of the Pettanko Patrol. :p )

zkylon

zkylewd
That would require actual thinking, and I'm too damn tired to do actual thinking. Maybe another day. I do like the decreased focus and dominance of dicerolls, though. And I loved the fact that you could distract NPCs with one party member and then pickpocket them with another. Speaking of which, I really, really liked the coop implementation. It's so much fun when playing together with friends.
dam you suck at this -__-

Didn't see it, not sure if I'm (probably) super late, but I just got an email from GreenManGaming;

VIP

i don't get why stores aren't discounting ff13 as well as ff13-2

i'm still on the first one don't they understand

Has multiquoting gone too far?

the fuck you doing fool

It's nice to know I'm not alone. >.> (It seems like 90% of the people who actually like anime-style art around here are also card-carrying members of the Pettanko Patrol. :p )
if that remark was directed at me, shame on you mister

i'm on the good taste patrol

smiting no good fools like yourself

Isn't it generally accepted that a large majority of sales for big games happen in the first week or two after release? That doesn't seem to correlate with the results on the graph.

I must thank you for the writeup on Leviathan. I saw some screens in my activity feed and it made me wishlist it. But after you saying it takes the worst parts of Dear Esther and ramps them up to 11? Yeah, that's removed, I don't care how pretty the screens look.

Maniac

Banned
All I know stems from the first game in the series, as it was enough to turn me off of the franchise forever. No amount of Square cameos in a Disney world could get me past the he story which felt both really generic and ridiculous at the same time as well as the TERRIBLE fucking camera during combat with lack of a proper lock on (not to mention the shit gameplay segements like the Tarzan tree).

You don't want to support what behaviour, exactly? Is the fact that the game you want is arriving on PC after you could get in on a next-gen console making you hastily judge the game before it's released? Or would your rather have a poorly optimized "shit port" right at this very moment... is that worth the day 1 price for you?
Fair enough. And yeah... Weak sales will mean worse ports, or even worse, no ports. If they see really strong PC sales, we'll be less likely to be second-hand citizens next time around.
Here ya go, a accurate depiction of Ozium vs Shadownet argument.

giphy.gif

The story is all kinds of jank though, but I really like the games anyway. Cute narrative (in the main games, anyway), really nice aesthetic and the combat, whilst simple more often than not, is really cute and neat. And fucking Disney, man. Disney. Bernardo must appreciate it :p
Disney <3. Kingdom Hearts is all kinds of kickass.
Cheers. Quality of life level up! And yeah, KH is kickass. Possibly despite a lot of the individual parts being... You know. Janky. Generic, or whatever. Still really good games. Just need a proper KH3! And PC pls :[
dam you suck at this -__-
Sorry bruv or sis, I'm damn tired, sick and got a bloody great headache. (and have had one for close to two weeks now.) :/ Thus my brain os on the fritz

Coldsun

Banned
Isn't it generally accepted that a large majority of sales for big games happen in the first week or two after release? That doesn't seem to correlate with the results on the graph.

Yes, it is accepted that the majority of sales of big games is within the first 14 days. The graph however isn't (nor trying) to say it represents most gamers. The graph represents gamefaqs viewers which in no way means they inherently represent the larger population of gamers.

denx

Is it a bannable offence?
(Serious question. You sometimes don't know here.)
--

Interesting poll going on at gamefaqs.com

gamefaqspolll.PNG
I always buy on sale. I've only bought four games on release and one in pre-order in the past three years, two of them were indies and two late japanese ports, all of them between $15 to $10. Only one full priced AAA title. I can show my PC Master Race credentials with pride
which I'm soon gonna swallow when I get a 3DS for christmas. Gaben help me.

Asgaro

Isn't it generally accepted that a large majority of sales for big games happen in the first week or two after release? That doesn't seem to correlate with the results of the poll.

I'm surprised as well with the results, knowing gamefaqs.com is more console gaming oriented.
The last category (which I'm also part of) has a higher percentage than I expected.

MUnited83

For you.
Fair enough. And yeah... Weak sales will mean worse ports, or even worse, no ports. If they see really strong PC sales, we'll be less likely to be second-hand citizens next time around.
Cheers. Quality of life level up! And yeah, KH is kickass. Possibly despite a lot of the individual parts being... You know. Janky. Generic, or whatever. Still really good games. Just need a proper KH3! And PC pls :[ Sorry bruv or sis, I'm damn tired, sick and got a bloody great headache. (and have had one for close to two weeks now.) :/ Thus my brain os on the fritz

I can take the jankiness/genericness/ square-enix plot crazyness as long as I'm visiting all the gorgeous Disney worlds and interact with Disney characters :D

Eh, broadcasting is somewhat.. not as I imagined. It's just teasing me. I tried every broadcast of the peeps on my fl currently playing. Only for two a stream even started. Hopefully it gets out of beta soon. It's a nice way of seeing gameplay.
Someone should stream leviathan.

MUnited83

For you.
Eh, broadcasting is somewhat.. not as I imagined. It's just teasing me. I tried every broadcast of the peeps on my fl currently playing. Only for two a stream even started. Hopefully it gets out of beta soon. It's a nice way of seeing gameplay.

Well, that's because people don't want to broadcast in the first place. Nothing to do with being beta or not I think :p

Maniac

Banned
I can take the jankiness/genericness/ square-enix plot crazyness as long as I'm visiting all the gorgeous Disney worlds and interact with Disney characters :D

Same here. It's why I'd be willing to buy a PS4 for KH3, despite having had a PS3 for the very same reason >_>... Only I ended up never using the PS3 due to KH3 getting put on hold somewhat. -_-'

And I really don't like playing on consoles either, lol. UE4 combined with Square's (and other japanese publishers') recent PC-efforts has me hoping that I wont need to. But I'll do whatever it takes - - No matter the cost...

I Broadcast everything I play, granted someone "asks" me to through the request thing.

... When I say everything I play, I mean everything that's not ridiculously taxing. Good thing I no longer downsample Dota and CSGO from 4K... Although I really don't think I even play anything that's taxing nowadays, except for some none-Steam stuff. So... Yeah, I broadcast everything on demand.. :p

Too bad you didn't quote my earlier post and add me ;)

The_Monk

Grief got a Wii U? I've been far too long, sorry guys! Actually, the day I get back to Nintendo is going to feel really special considering I never even got a Wii in the first place. One day!

Is anyone actually going to watch the awards? Every time I have attempted to I cringe and quickly turn the TV off. I'll just catch the news after the show is over.

iosefe

Same here. It's why I'd be willing to buy a PS4 for KH3, despite having had a PS3 for the very same reason >_>... Only I ended up never using the PS3 due to KH3 getting put on hold somewhat. -_-'

And I really don't like playing on consoles either, lol. UE4 combined with Square's (and other japanese publishers') recent PC-efforts has me hoping that I wont need to. But I'll do whatever it takes - - No matter the cost...
Please sign this organ donor waiver

Maniac

Banned
Grief got a Wii U? I've been far too long, sorry guys! Actually, the day I get back to Nintendo is going to feel really special considering I never even got a Wii in the first place. One day!

MONK!
<3
Please sign this organ donor waiver

As long as it's something I don't need or have several of, I will.
Is anyone actually going to watch the awards? Every time I have attempted to I cringe and quickly turn the TV off. I'll just catch the news after the show is over.

I might. I've not actually played any games today anyway, I've been on GAF all day. Aaaalmost literally.

Fuck... I should play games. I meant to play The Long Dark like... Uh, oh, shit. Okay, 10 hours ago. ~_~'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlLvCLP2h84

Youtube stream of the The Game Awards 2014.

Dem comments. Lord have mercy for the human race.
Still havin' a giggle though sometimes
Thanks for the link. It starts at 3am here but I think I'll watch it. Been some time since I watched any live gaming event. Hope there will be good stuff.

When is Sony's show this month though?
-
Just watching a broadcast of EVE online. Everything's in russian and I have no clue what's happening but man does the game look nice.

denx

I'd find it very weird if the KH games don't make their way to Steam. They're already running on DX11 in Xbone and Squeenix has shown itself very willing to port their japanese efforts to PC. You'd just have to wait a little (if you have the willpower) since it's very unlikely the games will release simultaneously on PC and consoles.

Hey Monk!

Nzyme32

Well my new fool proof plan is to have my phone next to my bed and stream the show for as long as possible till I fall asleep. Chances I miss any fun PC news is slim since there probably isn't much anyway. Nighty night folks

Maniac

Banned
Thanks for the link. It starts at 3am here but I think I'll watch it. Been some time since I watched any live gaming event. Hope there will be good stuff.

When is Sony's show this month though?

I quoted you on the previous page regarding broadcasting.

Fool. :p

Oh and Sony's show is tomorrow I believe, PSX or something along those lines, right?

iosefe

I'd find it very weird if the KH games don't make their way to Steam. They're already running on DX11 in Xbone and Squeenix has shown itself very willing to port their japanese efforts to PC. You'd just have to wait a little (if you have the willpower) since it's very unlikely the games will release simultaneously on PC and consoles.

Hey Monk!

No digital Distribution. Full Stop.

unless they reorganize contracts and licenses

Grief.exe

Hey Monk!

eh regionlock?
or just defective unit?

Defective. Says invalid disc for every game I insert.

Better contact Nintendo support or wherever you bought it from if it's a defective unit. Good luck.

Sigh, this is going to be frustrating.

No digital distribution for the KH licence at all?

KH3 will be digital since both Microsoft and Sony are requiring any retail current gen game also have a digital version, too. Now, If that means they'll be less hesitant to push the series into PC we'll have to see. Square Enix has only recently seriously considered the PC platform so it stands that it's more likely now than ever before.

iosefe

Not really though. Kingdom Hearts 3 will definitely be available in PSN/XBL.

KH3 will be digital since both Microsoft and Sony are requiring any retail current gen game also have a digital version, too. Now, If that means they'll be less hesitant to push the series into PC we'll have to see. Square Enix has only recently seriously considered the PC platform so it stands that it's more likely now than ever before.

i would just assume they did it for KH3. now that that are "talking about" new gen ports, they may redo the licenses and contracts.

Top Bottom