• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

Oh. You are a big developer? Sorry, cant go to the aftershow party, because you are wearing sneakers:

w5nJH64.png
Kojima is a Lego fan? Lego Metal Gear!

Arthea

Just finished watching VGAs, I know I'm a tad late to the party, but here are my thoughts

It's bad. I'd take BAFTA over it any day.
Way too long, there was no enough content for such a long show.
I was mostly interested in NMS and new King's Quest, both disappointed me in different ways. NMS short view distance and popins looked really bad, also I hope devs didn't ditch all other promised gameplay mechanics and left only exploration, because that would be mean.
King's Quest seems to be not what I expected at all, it looked more like TellTale game for some reason, what would be gross. I really hope it's just a trailer, not a game itself.
I'm still slightly shocked that FC4 won best shooter instead of Wolf.
As for GOTY.... I don't believe DA:I is better than DoS, not for a second, or Transistor, or Bayo2 or *insert long list of 2014 games here*. Then again when I ever agreed with any GOTY? (><)

The best trailer in that show was EVE trailer funnily enough as a game has nothing to do with awards at all.

Durante

I dont get it.

"Fairy Bloom Ultra Encore is available through the Pay What You Want model, starting at $0.99. Edelweiss has decided to make the game and source code available for purchase as a package for just $9.99!"

So 99cents for the game and if I want the source code its 9,99$?
That's intriguing. I'll bite.

wtf happened to witcher 3's graphics?

Marcin Momot said:
I believe some explanation is required here. Unfortunately this time we've encountered some horrible YouTube compression problems. At this very moment we are working on fixing this and will upload another version of the trailer as soon as we can. It will present much higher quality. I want to assure you that there will be no downgrade - I see this game every day - it looks stunning.

That's from a CDP rep.

referring to maniac stupidly calling dragon age fans idiots for liking inquisition

Guess I'm an idiot then. I'm ok with this

new game by brothers dev is a EA game? welp

Traincart Simulator, now with microtrans

Nobody called each other beef curtains as of yet.

beef curtains? fucking great.

Yeah, the worlds are so beautiful to behold, it's almost like the game is based entirely around DA2's backlash. Having proper expectation is always good, that's why I kept being my problem up so the newcomers would be prepared.

my only gripe with it is how watered down the RPG-stuff is. No attributes to change, no non-combat skills, no crafting skills, etc.

and that's about it.

Kirkwall seems like the very best city ever created compared to the ones in DA:I though... -_-

Val whatsitcalled is just ridiculous. It's tiny AND there's a loading screen between the three different, tiny floors? >.<'

When your entire game is one fucking city, it better have been well-developed. I would rather have expansive areas than cities. Skyhold > Kirkwall.

ViviOggi

We're talking about last night's VGA trailer right? I wasn't exactly sober but I recall a surprising lack of detail and hardly any compression issues

I know the difference between compression and actual graphical shortcomings. That shit looked bad, especially the lighting.

I wouldn't say "bad" but yes, doesn't look amazing. My guess is that they are using console footage and have been doing that for a while now (all the latest trailers were less impressive than the first ones)
I trust CDP.

I dont think my 660 will even run witches 3 at those "terrible" settings. Looks like I'll be looking at a upgrade soon.
My machine won't run it either, that's why I passed the putin deals, will play it in a few years when I upgrade, meanwhile I still need to play Witcher 2 and a lot other games on my backlog.

you guys are aware that you don't need to play all games on max settings?
just checking (><)
I know, but I'm on a laptop and Witcher 3 seems very demanding, probably would need to play at 720p low settings, I'd rather wait and experience it on all its glory in a few years :p

Maniac

Banned
referring to maniac stupidly calling dragon age fans idiots for liking inquisition

... That's not what I said. I was talking about the general majority of consumers of... Just about everything, really. Idiot isn't as apt as ignorant is though.

Maniac

Banned
Someone said it looks worse than Skyrim in PS3, holy hyperbole batman!

See, it's not the average consumer that's an idiot, it's a good chunk of GAF! >_<'

Seriously though, the thread is amazing and infuriating at the same time, some of these comments man...

Hm, maybe TW3 will actually run on my system
at 720p
and I wont have to cry in a corner because I can't afford new hardware.

yuraya

Oh. You are a big developer? Sorry, cant go to the aftershow party, because you are wearing sneakers:

w5nJH64.png

The after party must have been at some fancy club. Vegas is strict with dress code in some places. Especially strip clubs. As are most clubs tbh anywhere really. As cool as those guys are they should know better than to wear fucking sneakers lol.

Maniac

Banned
you should be thankful it's not "looks like a PS1-2 game" that is used a lot around these parts (><)

If you dig deep enough in that thread you'll find one I'm sure. It's GAF and their KeenEye&#8482; for graphics. You know, despite the fact that they wouldn't tell a polygon from a pixel, they're great at analysing FX from a compressed-to-hell-and-back youtube vid.

Hope to see CDPR throw something up on Gamersyde so the salty tears'll run dry.
Another WTF

Games industry & journalism, ladies and gentlemen; it's serious business.

And that's some unbiased nominating then, huh? lol
Good. Don't let those punks into my serious games business.

To be fair, it's not uncommon in vegas, but... Who knows. :p

Top Bottom