• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

There is a clear difference from thinking a game is not as deserving than another to win a prize and having such an intrinsic hatred toward it that you have a visceral reaction at the though of it winning. That difference is key when considering if someone is qualified to sit on a panel of supposedly impartial judges.

That's a lot to read from a tweet.

We all know twitter is full of hyperbole and overreaction, I don't think this is any different.

I can't stand gaming press with this attitude

opinions
coated in a tasteless joke
?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
It's not. Telltale stopped giving third-party retailers Steam keys with TWD S02.

I'm pretty sure that The Game of Thrones game comes with a Steam key if purchased from the Humble Store.

But that's the only other place I know of besides Steam that does. And it's still $30.

Knurek

Game 104 of the year (or 2x 52) is done:
spzci36.png

Wish I could say I loved the game, but something about the battle system (maybe the overall lack of difficulty, even on Hardcore) just didn't click with me.
Had some decent time with the game as a fan of the show, can't deny that it's a feast for South Park fans.

ExoSoul

Banned
Is there someone with a PS4 here?
I need to do a gift, but I need to know if the expansion pass for Destiny, redeemed on PS4 on a primary account, would be fully accessible on a secondary account, same console.

Also if I buy PS3 version, the PS4 one is free from the store, right?

Any content that belongs to the primary account is accessible to all of the secondary accounts.

No, Destiny does not have a cross-buy policy. If you want the PS4 expansion pack you should buy it for the PS4.

Maniac

Banned
I assume nobody was allowed in then

The dude from Facepunch wore a suit and fancy shoes... :p
It's the only way to live.
Indeed. Oh and you were totes right, at TGAs they had an ad for Dying Light: Ultimate Edition (or something like that) so... Woo. The game actually looks a lot better than I thought after having seen like 20 minutes of gameplay. It'll have Rift integration too :3

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Oh and you were totes right, at TGAs they had an ad for Dying Light: Ultimate Edition (or something like that) so... Woo. The game actually looks a lot better than I thought after having seen like 20 minutes of gameplay. It'll have Rift integration too :3

It's slightly cheaper on the AU store to buy the game + Season Pass separately, haha.

My biggest criteria is always how much a game hooks me to it.
I couldn't put BD down once I started, the other year prior it was FE:A for the same reason.

Oh man, FE:A was so enjoyable for me too! I loved experimenting with different classes and Lunatic mode was a blast.

ViviOggi

Having some fun with mini ninjas, I'm liking it more than I expected, pretty simple hack and slash with multiple characters to unlock and some magic spells, items, leveling up, etc, and environments are varied, it's pretty good looking too.
Could use some more polygons and nicer particles but apart from that I think the visuals hold up tremendously well.

Maniac

Banned
It's slightly cheaper on the AU store to buy the game + Season Pass separately, haha.

... Damnit Warner... lol

And damnit Valve, you're bastards for not enforcing fair regional pricing :/
I backed TBS on kickstarter, and it is a nice feeling to see a developer be able to attain some longer term success with a project that a crowd helped them realize.

It really is. Being able to help a dev not only create a unique game, but get their studio up & running and stand firmly on their own two feet? That's a sodding success story, and the very best outcome of KS.

--------------

Edit: can anyone shout if there's something PC-relevant coming out of PSX? I know a smidgen of the Sony-friendly indie devs also launch stuff on PC... ,_,

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
So I just booted up Steam for the first time in over a year and a half. I finally got around to having my PC repaired and now I have a lot of catching up to do. I need to start building a wishlist of all the cool indie / non-Playstation games I've missed out on.

In the meantime, there's a lot of games I'm dying to revisit and quite a few I didn't even know I owned...

Hey folks. Yesterdays VGA was entertaining and had some nice surprises.

Looking forward to today's Sony event. Hopefully it doesn't start too late though.

Haha, oh well, maybe it's not for you then. If you're approaching these systems filled to the brim with prejudice, you're not going to have a good time with them, just saying.

Or maybe your soul is possessed by SATAN???! :O

(1) I am a daywalker, a ginger without a soul. Satan has nothing to possess.

(2) I was legitimately excited to get my 3DS... all the games that looked so great to me that I was willing to give them all a shot even though I really struggle to play games without achievements/trophies these days: Luigi's Mansion 2, NSMB2, DKCR3D, TLoZ:ALBW and I figured it would be a better solution to trying to satisfying what I would call a "NIntendo itch". Then I got the system and was left disappointed by Luigi's Mansion 2. I tried NSMB2 hoping that it would somehow capture the magic of the glory days of 2D Mario games (and having a weakness for high-score type games like Geometry Wars and The Club), but it was boring to me and just didn't live up to what I thought it could be (though it was infinitely better than NSMB on DS). Then I moved on to DKCR3D, having been a huge fan of the first DKC and putting enough time into DKC2... and I don't know if it was the halving of the framerate from the Wii game or the terrible circle pad, but playing that was an absolute nightmare. After that, ALBW showed up and was *fantastic*... but once I beat it, I was left wanting more and not in the way that trying 100% the game would provide. It was a great game and I'm glad I got to play it, but now I don't really have much left on the system. Nothing new has been released or announced that has my attention and the few games I have left that I picked up (like that game I forgot the name of with the Capcom and Namco characters and the new Shinobi) I haven't had any interest in playing... so essentially, I'm left with a piece of hardware that's just used for collecting old Zelda games that maybe I'll play someday if I'm on vacation or something and away from my PC/consoles. Had it not been a gift, I'd probably have tossed it on eBay by now.

What was the point of that wall of text? There's no "bias". I'm just not really into the core Nintendo offerings anymore and the lack of third party support outside of projects like Wonderful 101 and Bayonetta 2, kills any interest I have in Nintendo platforms. Right now I'm still waiting to see what, if any, Metroid game will be announced. The franchise has basically been dead since the Prime Trilogy finished (most people seem to hate Other M and want to give it the DMC2 treatment by pretending it doesn't exist). If Nintendo puts out a 2D Metroid on either platform and it hearkens back to the days of Super Metroid and Metroid Fusion... then they'll bring my interest back and I'll have something for the 3DS or they may have a stronger case for convincing me to grab a WiiU.

It's the same (but almost worse) with the X1. Inferior third party support, nothing first party to interest me outside of KI seasons 1 and 2 (and maybe the Platinum game depending on how it turns out). So the WiiU has that going for it at least. :p

AKSYS pls
tumblr_nesiip01XD1s0fo0zo1_500.gif

tumblr_ndzoqk1Xp51sdouqio4_500.gif

tumblr_ndzoqk1Xp51sdouqio1_500.gif

All things considered, I would've liked if SF5 went for a colorful style like Xrd's. It's current style is OK, although when you think about, it makes it stand out from the other FGs available in Japan atm where their graphics are colorful and pop up like the Shining series' fighting game, Dengeki Bunko and Xrd to name a few.

I know, right? Oh well. If I grab a PS4 instead of a 980, I can put the extra toward Xrd, Bloodborne, and a fightstick.

Makes sense coming from someone with 2500 Steam games, who is almost buying as much new stuff as JaseC and has played Payday 50000hrs. Yep, you would definitely had so much more fun with this year's extensive PS4 library while waiting for that one game.

Well, to counter that, my game buying habits shifted when I started considering PC my main platform in Nov 2013 and started ignoring my PS3. I found myself grabbing games from Russia that I normally wouldn't buy because they looked interesting and I figured it would take a long time for them to go below the Putin prices in the NA store. Games like Sacred 3 and Risen 3. And if I took those 400+ hours of PAYDAY 2 and put them toward a smaller backlog on PS4? I'd feel a lot better about all the purchases I did make this year.

I'm surprised though... I really thought you were going to go with that was some sort of Yaiba loving, Uncharted 2 hating, blah blah blah, friend-o. ;)

Published by EA. Signs point to no.
I know a lot of you liked Brothers and thought it was some amazing game (you must've played a different game than I did...), but I'm guessing if you want to play another game from the same team, you're going to have to get it on Origin unless EA turns around and follows the Ubisoft way of allowing Origin games on Steam in the timeframe prior to the game's release.

I like this. What's it from? Looks like old style muppets... a la The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, or even Fragile Rock in a way?

The sony thread moves so fast, forget about posting there, just reading is nigh impossible.

Hope gamersyde will put a high-quality video of the show. I need to watch the first hour.

Is it tomorrow at the same time?

Top Bottom