• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

_hekk05

Banned
I'm loving all the new VitaMuffins I'm meeting in SteamGAF <3
VITA means LIFE <3

Wilfare! Have you switched back to SG or are you still in the US store? I think I'm making a smurf account to buy SG stuff and keeping my main as US.

Surprisingly they didn't increase SG prices, but I'm still in wait and see mode.

Dragon Age Inquisition or a bunch of other games?

755528918_original.gif

squadr0n

Before I pre purchase the new tomb raider coming Monday. Are there going to be a lot of people playing?

Is there anything else I should hold out for this month on steam before Christmas?
I'm getting Grav as soon as it releases but other than that? Anything noteworthy?

Grief.exe

755528918_original.gif

Its not like we haven't seen Bioware games get critically acclaimed to only get panned by consumers once they hit the wild. I would play the waiting game and see what the consensus is and once the post-purchase rationalization wears off.

Too many cool, cheap games coming up in the next month or so (Winter Sale, MGSV:GZ, Below, Ori, REmake, Grim Fandango, etc) to bet it all on one horse.

755528918_original.gif

It's good, in many ways really really good.

The character stuff and large set pieces are Bioware at it's very best, but it's too long contains too much bullshit filler MMO fetch quests and you begin to run out of energy after a while.

I've still played 80+ hours though!

wilflare

Wilfare! Have you switched back to SG or are you still in the US store? I think I'm making a smurf account to buy SG stuff and keeping my main as US.

Surprisingly they didn't increase SG prices, but I'm still in wait and see mode.

I'm staying with the US store for now
don't wanna deal with the possibility that some games won't be available in SEA (think MGSR)

I seldom buy games directly from my Steam account now - usually via the B/S/T thread so it works for now I guess

was supposed to be out, but there's a hiccup

1) Due to the nature of the Steam issue preventing the mod from being publicly available, we probably will not be able to resolve this and make the mod available for download until Monday (because we need Valve's help).

2) Lambda Wars does not require ANY games (HL2, etc) in your library to play - it is a standalone mod.

3) You can find downloads for our older builds on our website http://lambdawars.com and our ModDB, but they are not current with this new Steam version.

What are the other games?

-Valiant Hearts
-Malebolgia
-Crypt of the Necro Dancer
- Lifeless Planet
- CS: GO (if I can find out how to get controller support working)
-Elliot Quest
-Long Live the Queen
-Half-Minute Hero the Second Coming
-Adventure Manager
-Valkyria Chronicles
-Cavern Kings

Obviously not ALL of them, but price equivalent enough to DQ: I around Winter Sale time.

Its not like we haven't seen Bioware games get critically acclaimed to only get panned by consumers once they hit the wild. I would play the waiting game and see what the consensus is and once the post-purchase rationalization wears off.

Too many cool, cheap games coming up in the next month or so (Winter Sale, MGSV:GZ, Below, Ori, REmake, Grim Fandango, etc) to bet it all on one horse.

God damn, Below looks really good. Think you could tell me more about it? Price? First I even heard of it. I'm gonna look up stuff, but I like impressions. Ori seems kinda cute too.

It's good, in many ways really really good.

The character stuff and large set pieces are Bioware at it's very best, but it's too long contains too much bullshit filler MMO fetch quests and you begin to run out of energy after a while.

I've still played 80+ hours though!

Yeahhh, and at the same time, Guild Wars 2 is on sale for $20 till the 7th, and if it's that much like an MMO, may as well jump on that, right? I LOVE story stuff, but I can live without it if the overall game itself is fun to play, and I can kinda forge my own story in the world in the face of the game's crappy one (and honestly I never cared for or got the praise for Bioware's writing/story telling). I'm also a weirdo because I love grinding. It's fun having a video or podcast running in the background and farming stuff or doing mundane questing.

Maniac

Banned
I was a massive fan of D2 and generally liked Diablo original.

Certainly, there are things that could have been done differently but I wonder if so much of the magic of D2 couldn't ever be re-captured. MMOs, specifically the casual ease of WoW, changed things.

D3's best shot might have been a console game. It clearly plays better in that arena. Maybe, and hear me out because I identify with PC gaming, the game should have never been released on PC at all.

I think the biggest problem is that they did a lot to improve on the original (D3) for the consoles, only they never applied those improvements to the PC version.

... Although I almost agree. But I do think Blizzard North would've managed it with their version of D3, but that wasn't meant to be :[

Either way, I still play D2 all the time. Such a great LAN game. The perfect package includes D2, Heroes 3, Age of Empires 2, WC3 & the... Original AVP, if memory serves. :p

_hekk05

Banned
I'm staying with the US store for now
don't wanna deal with the possibility that some games won't be available in SEA (think MGSR)

I seldom buy games directly from my Steam account now - usually via the B/S/T thread so it works for now I guess

Yeah I don't think I'm leaving the US store either since konami are dicks

Can't wait to play Dark Souls once I get my new PC. First time I'll be playing a graphics-intensive game like this. Only games I've played on Steam are old or classic games.

Uzzy

-Valiant Hearts
-Malebolgia
-Crypt of the Necro Dancer
- Lifeless Planet
- CS: GO (if I can find out how to get controller support working)
-Elliot Quest
-Long Live the Queen
-Half-Minute Hero the Second Coming
-Adventure Manager
-Valkyria Chronicles
-Cavern Kings

Obviously not ALL of them, but price equivalent enough to DQ: I around Winter Sale time.

Get the other games. Valkyria Chronicles alone is worth it.

Of course, I'd probably suggest getting 100 copies of Bad Rats before getting Inquisition.

Get the other games. Valkyria Chronicles alone is worth it.

Of course, I'd probably suggest getting 100 copies of Bad Rats before getting Inquisition.

Probably leaning towards the other stuff, ontop of a stupid backlog, It should be enough to carry me to a deeper sale for Inquisition. It's just that new game vibe that's got me intoxicated.

i mean it's not really a taxing game or anything, graphically speaking, but it's def one of the best games ever

I see. Well, all I want is to play it at 1080p and locked 60fps, but I'm not sure if that will make the game glitchy or something. But that's when I actually play.

I really want to play a game where it doesn't hold my hand, and want to test myself to see if I'm really good at those kind of games. So this will be interesting.

Good timing with the upcoming Steamworks patch.

Does this mean I won't need to install GFWL to play this game?

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I can't remember correctly. Isn't it better to run Shovel Knight at 1440p as that gives better scaling than 1080p?

I love this trend of Gaf > Internet > Gaf =p

Oh man, so I totally just realized something.

The game is always rendering at 400x240, and then scaling up appropriately. It explains why screenshots taken at 1080p always seem to look slightly blurred, and has those odd edges on it. I knew it looked off and now i finally understand why, and how to fix it.

So, I learned that the best way to play the game with those perfectly crisp, hard lined edges is to play at any multiple of 400x240.

For example,

• 400x240
  • 800x480
  • 1200x720
  • 1600x960
  • 2000x1200
  • 2400x1440

zkylon

zkylewd
I see. Well, all I want is to play it at 1080p and locked 60fps, but I'm not sure if that will make the game glitchy or something. But that's when I actually play.

I really want to play a game where it doesn't hold my hand, and want to test myself to see if I'm really good at those kind of games. So this will be interesting.

i hear there are some issues at 60fps but high res works fine

also no hand holding + good challenge is pretty much the definition of dark souls

Miguel81

I did. The controller works fine with games that use Xinput. The one game that I'm playing seems to use direct input and doesn't recognize the Xbox one controller.

That's pretty odd. I was under the impression that it would work exactly like the 360 pad where DI support only had one real issue(Trigger mapping).

Edit: GOG has Shadowrun Returns for 2.99 USD currently.

Top Bottom