• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

AHA-Lambda

After the Playstation event, I'm still not convinced that the PS4 has much value to me personally.

I am interested in Bloodborne of course, but after that I can't think of much else. Persona 5 is coming to PS3 as well so I have that option, and I didn't really like The Last of Us all that much so Uncharted 4 doesn't represent a killer app for me.

I completely agree and I own one!!

The most use I've had of mine lately is booting it up over and over to hear the classic PS1 noise thanks to the new themes released xD

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Frecklestein, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Frecklestein, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Final Fantasy VII -- MB-7876B97608F94E91 - Taken by Natty1. 46 entrants total.

t1417911564z1.png

AHA-Lambda

Honestly think its the other way around.
Ono said months earlier that budget for a new Game was hard to get. So they probably shopped to Sony first. Considering the good terms they had when they did all the exclusive street fighter x teller stuff.

I get games are expensive but I'd be amazed if Capcom weren't considering SF5 :/

9pm (LA time) new footage of No Man's Sky will be streamed from the PS event. (also more live music -_-)

9pm there is 6am in central europe and 5am in britain >_>

_hekk05

Banned
Sweet jesus gaming gaf outside of steamgaf is on fire. Its worse than after E3.

I got a ps4 because it was cheap (320 at monoprice, which is 200 usd cheaper than what I would have paid for in my home country), and I still have a couple of years until I graduate and can finally upgrade to a good desktop.

Plus my laptop is pretty shit for new games now. Its still an indie machine though

Plus exclusives. neptunia, disgaea, UC, persona, bloodborne, lbp are enough to push me over the edge

Sweet jesus gaming gaf outside of steamgaf is on fire. Its worse than after E3.

I got a ps4 because it was cheap (320 at monoprice, which is 200 usd cheaper than what I would have paid for in my home country), and I still have a couple of years until I graduate and can finally upgrade to a good desktop.

Plus my laptop is pretty shit for new games now. Its still an indie machine though

Plus exclusives. neptunia, disgaea, UC, persona, bloodborne, lbp are enough to push me over the edge
Nice.
I also considered getting a ps4 as main system but dude, games on pc are way cheaper. That's why I went with pc.

Nzyme32

Post if they say anything new.

The soundtrack is going to get torn apart and attached to the procedural nature of the game, so individual planets will have different audio backing. You start on your own planet, so essentially you have your own theme for your planet.

Also animals have their own voices since the animals themselves are partially procedural too.

Loving the idea of a soundtrack that matches that procedural generation and the themes/aesthetics of individual planets

----------------

Also, only just noticed, developers can comment on negative reviews and that can shows up on the store page. I'm sure that is old, but I seemed to have missed that one

AHA-Lambda

Don't know why he would say they were having budget issues.
Maybe they just wanted to keep going the update to USF4 route rather than a new engine and such.

Just seems so strange though, if a new SF game is a risk then what the hell are Capcom greenlighting apart from Resi games??

Disappointing. The interview was not the real thing apparently.

It's at 9pm PST. That's too late for me, darn it.

Hopefully Sony saves the stream or puts it on youtube.

Oh apparently they are in Vegas not LA. So 9pm there should be 5am in Germany/4am UK.

Currently they are showing gameplay session of Diablo 3 Reapers.

_hekk05

Banned
Just seems so strange though, if a new SF game is a risk then what the hell are Capcom greenlighting apart from Resi games??

They probably were already working on a deal with sony since pretty early on. Sony helps with finances, gets xplay which honestly is a pretty big deal. MS policy of having no xplay is biting them hard

lol

A complete stranger just asked me if I wanted something for free, I said sure why not and thought he'd try to scam me or something. We proceeded to make the "trade" and he gave me 5 CSGO-keys and some sweet weapons (total value of ~15€).

I asked why and apparently, he had just won 7 000 in a lottery.

:)

Maniac

Banned
lol

A complete stranger just asked me if I wanted something for free, I said sure why not and thought he'd try to scam me or something. We proceeded to make the "trade" and he gave me 5 CSGO-keys and some sweet weapons (total value of ~15€).

I've just listened to some of the Diablo teams' circlejerky puke about what they did for teh consool.

'Twas... Not as nice as free CSGO stuff. Grats to the lottery-lad and yourself! :p

Chariot

lol

Whoah, nice!

Nabs

lol

You probably got scammed and don't know it yet. I don't trust randoms on Steam.

iosefe

lol

Crate keys?

Prepare for despair

snack

Hey gaf! If anyone is planning on getting games of steam, I am here to help. I have alot of steam wallet left that I would like to get rid of.

I'd like cash all my wallet out to PayPal, hence I can provide a discount of 7% for anything that you purchase from the store or even the market!

If you are interested, hit me up with a PM. Thanks and happy holidays!

_hekk05

Banned
Yeah I think capcom is still unsure of how it wants to move forward.

yeah but capcom is also poor as f*ck.

I think the xplay benefits both platforms (PC more than PS4 because PC communities die fast, though PS4 might be exposed to cheating)

MS am cry

Do people really think an Ultra SF V will come to xbone? That worked out so well for titanfall and PS4

Nzyme32

lol

That's awesome. The closest I have come to doing that was last autumn sale where the store page had two halves at the top and bottom, where (by a bug) the bottom's wishlist would link to random people. In my drunken stupor, I bought the top game from 3 of their wishlists. Only came to £20 but was amusing to see the responses. Ahh back when I actually had money and a job

I've just listened to some of the Diablo teams' circlejerky puke about what they did for teh consool.

'Twas... Not as nice as free CSGO stuff. Grats to the lottery-lad and yourself! :p

I was a massive fan of D2 and generally liked Diablo original.

Certainly, there are things that could have been done differently but I wonder if so much of the magic of D2 couldn't ever be re-captured. MMOs, specifically the casual ease of WoW, changed things.

D3's best shot might have been a console game. It clearly plays better in that arena. Maybe, and hear me out because I identify with PC gaming, the game should have never been released on PC at all.

Top Bottom