• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
It's good, in many ways really really good.

The character stuff and large set pieces are Bioware at it's very best, but it's too long contains too much bullshit filler MMO fetch quests and you begin to run out of energy after a while.

I've still played 80+ hours though!

Playtime is in no way a intrinsic linear reflection of game quality. But then again, the last time I pointed this out some in this thread were aghast that I mentioned it instead of going along with the insipid blog that was based off of the fallacy.

Aiustis

ahuaog.gif

Guys, PS4 Shovel Knight could be the best version :(

Ewww

zkylon

zkylewd
damn last patch introduced a pretty big ass bug in dead state that kind of makes it unplayable

they said they'll patch it today but i was hoping to play the game all night long -__-

Miguel81

Yay.. my hard drive deleted Windows. And of course Wolfenstein:TNO doesn't use Valves cloud save feature.

That sucks hardcore, and I feel you on that. Once a Broadcom Bluetooth driver installer decided to chew through my hard drive for god knows what reason.

Do you have most of your content backed up?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It's not really lying because, unless I'm mistaken, no one mentioned the word exclusive when Unchained was shown. Even console exclusive would have been correct.

The image (which I assume is from a trailer) implies that it's exclusive, which isn't the case. Like I said, it's lying via omission because the fact it it's also on the PC is deliberately avoided. You know who doesn't have this problem, though? Microsoft. It is possible to be a platform holder and not dance around the matter of your exclusives technically being multiplatform.

autoduelist

The image (which I assume is from a trailer) implies that it's exclusive, which isn't the case. Like I said, it's lying via omission because the fact it it's also on the PC is deliberately avoided. You know who doesn't have this problem, though? Microsoft. It is possible to be a platform holder and not dance around the matter of your exclusives technically being multiplatform.

Several games were mentioned to be coming to PC during the show (or stated 'console exclusive). They didn't dance around it at all. If one game's trailer had wording you didn't like, it could easily just be the fault of whoever did that particular trailer. For all we know they just tell the dev/publisher 'make sure you put the PS4 logo on the copyright/title shot' -- it's not like Sony produces the trailer for each developer. Accusing Sony of 'lying' (by omission or otherwise) seems a bit over the top when you don't know it to be true and other possibilities exist.

JaseC

Several games were mentioned to be coming to PC during the show (or stated 'console exclusive). They didn't dance around it at all. If one game's trailer had wording you didn't like, it could easily just be the fault of whoever did that particular trailer. For all we know they just tell the dev/publisher 'make sure you put the PS4 logo on the copyright/title shot' -- it's not like Sony produces the trailer for each developer.

I didn't watch the entire event (just the Unch4rted gameplay), but it's nice to hear that Sony went back to the drawing board a bit after the confusion-laden E3.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
How did that happen?

On further inspection it seems my SSD died. Which probably explains the issues I was having a week ago.

That sucks hardcore, and I feel you on that. Once a Broadcom Bluetooth driver installer decided to chew through my hard drive for god knows what reason.

Do you have most of your content backed up?

Thanks. Yeah, after the losses JaseC had when his died I made sure to backup my personal photos. So the loss is minimal. A few work documents, but I can recreate them.

Speevy

Banned
Tada

ModBot said:
Instructions for Speevy:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Speevy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

the-vanishing-of-ethan-carter-walkthrough.jpg

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter -- MB-20EDD9431570DAF2 - Taken by Casimir. 47 entrants total.

t1417946727z1.png

Shade

Extra bundle stuff. Give it a good home!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 30 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Shade, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

STCC II -- MB-8A219B8AC150B7C4 - Taken by SSPssp. 2 entrants total.
Race On -- MB-08E7EA770C8BD3BA - Taken by Diedac. 1 entrants total.
puddle -- MB-86286BDF8D499C4F - Taken by interion. 1 entrants total.
Gateways -- MB-7BA9282FE400F3A2 - Taken by Sendou. 1 entrants total.
Faerie Solitaire Steam Key -- MB-D4C06821251B7616 - Taken by WinterDemons. 1 entrants total.
Blood of the Werewolf -- MB-E6D5B8E7DEE1E495 - Taken by agniswarm. 1 entrants total.
Cogntion Ep 2 -- MB-18C66D4164B32EF0 - Taken by agniswarm. 2 entrants total.
Pacific Storm Allies -- MB-4CB5BD9AF756A6D1 - Taken by bluechox2. 1 entrants total.
Doc Clock Toasted Sandwich of Time -- MB-A3DD69A11B8606B5 - Taken by electroflame. 1 entrants total.
Little Inferno -- MB-94F634A75BE483AF - Taken by Mr. Doop. 1 entrants total.
Prime World -- MB-53FD40C11569331A - Taken by Scipius. 1 entrants total.
Cognition Ep 1 -- MB-AFDACD24F465AB6D - Taken by Purkake4. 1 entrants total.
Gravi -- MB-AD52BE9072E9FA09 - Taken by gaiadyne. 2 entrants total.
Aztaka -- MB-E1B974EAC21EE0B9 - Taken by nja. 1 entrants total.
Gemini Rue -- MB-CA41B4D670491C47 - Taken by Speevy. 1 entrants total.
Fester Mudd -- MB-08910F0C79047DA3 - Taken by lindarasta. 1 entrants total.
Really Big Sky Steam Key -- MB-2581A2EFC46DBE0D - Taken by Loptous. 2 entrants total.
Sanctum -- MB-2918880C964A2EF5 - Taken by texhnolyze. 1 entrants total.
Oozi Earth Adventure -- MB-C65949C7515F3452 - Taken by XDDX. 1 entrants total.
Snuggle Truck -- MB-9DF88FA2EC296DC5 - Taken by Benedict. 2 entrants total.
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet -- MB-D6540F99DCE5D6B5 - Taken by roadrunn3r - Taken by Naked Snake. 1 entrants total.
Nightsky Steam key -- MB-9F6DADFFDE5A8E9B - Taken by tioslash. 1 entrants total.
Off-Road Drive -- MB-CBE9EA3B5CFD774B - Taken by S1n1st3r. 1 entrants total.
And Yet It Moves -- MB-399932165138290A - Taken by woo and indeed hoo. 1 entrants total.
Anomaly 2 -- MB-E4E275496E1306D3 - Taken by darkchewie. 1 entrants total.
Q.U.B.E. -- MB-26EF1E176AA10353 - Taken by Darth Kupi. 1 entrants total.
Orcs Must Die! GOTY -- MB-8FAB7960BF41D40A - Taken by sensoft04. 1 entrants total.
Plain Sight -- MB-70CEA72C981B4660 - Taken by Maniac. 1 entrants total.
AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! for the Awesome -- MB-61743D24E80AD48B - Taken by $h@d0w. 1 entrants total.
Avernum Escape From the Pit -- MB-E8394090E5F7E748 - Taken by almostheathen. 1 entrants total.

t1417937066z1.png

Miguel81

Thanks. Yeah, after the losses JaseC had when his died I made sure to backup my personal photos. So the loss is minimal. A few work documents, but I can recreate them.

That's a relief that the loss was minimal. Wolfenstein TNO is supposedly a great game so a bit of a replay shouldn't be an issue(still sucks to lose progress).

$h@d0w

amnesia dark des got updated with controller support

sign that it might be coming to console?

edit- thanks shade, I wanted that game to test on my oculus

zkylon

zkylewd
Is that the way you treat a lady?
that's what i'm talking about <3

Is Mafia 2 a good pc port?

yup

but it's a pretty ehhh game

i guess it's functional and it does look absolutely gorgeous but the story progression is very weird with like time jumps with weird cutscenes of like the characters doing fun stuff you'll never get to play yourself, it's really weird. i liked mafia 1 a lot better, tho i guess there was an element of time when it was released.

but yeah it runs very well and looks beautiful

wilflare

waiting for my 480GB SSD to arrive
and then do a massive reformat of my PC :/

maybe I should invest in Google Drive or Dropbox to store my personal photos and stuff (at least if the drives die, there's still the power of the cloud (lol))

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
I have joined Guild Wars 2 GAF, friends. What awaits me?

P.S - Using a controller for an MMO. How does this make you feel, friends?

actually I wish I could play The Secret World with a controller ... the "standard" mmo controls are SUCH a pain in the ass ; _ ;

zkylon

zkylewd
waiting for my 480GB SSD to arrive
and then do a massive reformat of my PC :/

maybe I should invest in Google Drive or Dropbox to store my personal photos and stuff (at least if the drives die, there's still the power of the cloud (lol))

i use copy.com which is basically dropbox but with a lot more free space (you start at 15 gigs i think) and referrals that give space for both people (you can use mine if u want :>). it also has some weird thing that if you share files with someone you both share the space they take so it's not like dropbox where someone shares something with you and you're suddenly out of space

it's pretty decent i think

I know there's stuff like that ... but that's not really a good replacement for proper gamepad controls :/ they still suck ... *sigh*

Yeah.. I kinda grew up on consoles and whatnot, and currently I'm just getting by on a gaming laptop, so it's not that I don't WANT to convert, I also kinda just dont have the space for it, haha. I have a really small table that I have this giant laptop on. ;;'

It also bothers me a lot when people feel the need to jump down my throat whenever controllers are brought up during any kinda PC discussion. Like, yeah, okay, I heard all of that before guys, can you just let me know if it's possible? Thanksss. I've played plenty of competitive titles on PC and in time I'm just as good if not better than a lot of mouse and keyboarders. Now, I'm not playing Starcraft anytime soon, but you get the gist haah

Sorry for the tangent ;;'

denx

Yeah.. I kinda grew up on consoles and whatnot, and currently I'm just getting by on a gaming laptop, so it's not that I don't WANT to convert, I also kinda just dont have the space for it, haha. I have a really small table that I have this giant laptop on. ;;'

It also bothers me a lot when people feel the need to jump down my throat whenever controllers are brought up during any kinda PC discussion. Like, yeah, okay, I heard all of that before guys, can you just let me know if it's possible? Thanksss. I've played plenty of competitive titles on PC and in time I'm just as good if not better than a lot of mouse and keyboarders. Now, I'm not playing Starcraft anytime soon, but you get the gist haah

Sorry for the tangent ;;'

I can't see anyone playing CSGO with a controller having a chance against K+M players, even on the casual modes. But if you can prove me wrong...

Thanks for this, should be useful for the people who were wondering about the gameplay in this game. Here and here you can get a bit more information. It should be noted that Hello Games are being intentionally coy about revealing details about the game because they want people to discover what the game has to offer on their own when they play it, so don't expect them to be too forthcoming when talking about the game until it releases.

JaseC

I know there's stuff like that ... but that's not really a good replacement for proper gamepad controls :/ they still suck ... *sigh*

Maybe you'll get your wish if a console version of the game ever happens.

I've played plenty of competitive titles on PC and in time I'm just as good if not better than a lot of mouse and keyboarders.
I love playing certain games with a controller, but this is just absurd. You're as good as/better than a lot of KBM-players in plenty of competitive titles?

What are these competitive titles you're mentioning?

Top Bottom