• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

dani_dc

You can tell that Saints Row IV started as an expansion just from the fact the level design barely takes in account the powers of the player, building roofs are way too complex and can easily destroy any momentum you had going jumping around.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Speevy, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Speevy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter -- MB-20EDD9431570DAF2 - Taken by Casimir. 47 entrants total.

t1417946727z1.png

Bigby

Red Team Token ?
330x192

anyone got this ?
i didn't get anything from the sale from steam this time

edit :

wat ? why now ?

You are not alone. Someone posted the same thing a few days ago.

Were you on red? Maybe they give it away in case you end up on different team.

Edit: I mean during the winter sale. I'm sure there will be teams again.

Benedict

yup. hope you enjoy this one.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Benedict, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Sweet Lily Dreams -- MB-BEB2EB2CF648DCF4 - Taken by A Fish Aficionado

Bigby

i was in the red team
they should give me another color , not the color that i am in

I guess teams will be random if they choose to go that way for winter sale and they give away these tokens in case you want to be red again. Doesn't explain the description tho. Could be a bug.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
What SSD were you using?

Kingston HyperX 120GB (Rev 3.0)

A decent but not amazing SSD model performance wise. The Samsung 840 Evo/Pro or Intel 730 series are better performers and now with the new price reductions, from Black Friday that will likely repeat in a few weeks, are better deals. But considering the ancillary needs when I purchased it, the HyperX was a better overall choice

That's a relief that the loss was minimal. Wolfenstein TNO is supposedly a great game so a bit of a replay shouldn't be an issue(still sucks to lose progress).

Wolfenstein is a very entertaining experience. The only issue with a clean replay is the collectibles. Some of them are just there to be collected, but others unlock new aspects of the game. While discovering them for the first time is amusing, especially the ones in hidden rooms, there is no gameplay mechanics associated with finding them unlike the Batman series which often hides their collectibles behind mini-agility challenges. So it may become tedious. :/

Are you positive it died?

I shut my computer down incorrectly a few months ago, and my SSD required a reset in order to boot.

Hmm, I haven't had the time to do extensive analysis. Thanks for the tip however, I will see if that is the underlying issue, which I do hope it is. I don't look forward to dealing with a possible RMA process.

waiting for my 480GB SSD to arrive
and then do a massive reformat of my PC :/

maybe I should invest in Google Drive or Dropbox to store my personal photos and stuff (at least if the drives die, there's still the power of the cloud (lol))

Yeah, it's a good idea to use a cloud service as a secondary backup for personally important files and images. Especially because a fire or flood can ruin your personal physical backups.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm a little surprised that there's a pre-load for Temple of Osiris. (I realise I'm late here but I only just saw the pop-up.) I think it's the first non-AAA game I've seen with a pre-load period.

Dr Dogg

Let's see how many peeps I can wind up by saying this but in fact it's kind of a backhanded compliment.

Dragon Age: Inquisition is like a marriage of Diablo and Fable.

I'll explain fully later but right now I've got bloody sucked in.

Let's see how many peeps I can wind up by saying this but in fact it's kind of a backhanded compliment.

Dragon Age: Inquisition is like a marriage of Diablo and Fable.

I'll explain fully later but right now I've got bloody sucked in.
You'd be crafting most of the time though, loot drops tend to suck.

Vastag

Anyone else kinda hyped for dead state? I remember reading about it years ago and thinking that it sounded cool. Glad it did not get bogged in development hell.

zkylon

zkylewd
Anyone else kinda hyped for dead state? I remember reading about it years ago and thinking that it sounded cool. Glad it did not get bogged in development hell.

dude cmon

i've been trying to build hype for this game for months

why does no one listen

(also aside from the current patching tragedies, my post-release dead state experience has been pure unfiltered falloutian happiness)

dani_dc

Aww yeah I just realised but it was my steam bday!

Treated myself to 5 games (total cost 44 bucks) (not pictured: Alien isolation)
but of course JaseC's gotta one-up me

JaseC gonna JaseC

Happy Steam Birthday!
Did you miss Korra sale a couple days ago?

I'm not sure I can tell who you are anymore without your name on your icon.

JaseC

Interestingly enough, the German version of Wolf14 isn't region-locked. Rather than 16.50 Eurobucks, I paid $7.

JaseC

Nope, some names were changed and a level was changed.

http://www.schnittberichte.com/schnittbericht.php?ID=363269

It's in german, but the pictures should speak for themselves. Also mind that this goes on for seven pages.

I wish the Wolf3D easter egg offered the entire game rather than just one the level.

What did they replace them with? Nazis and the alternate history stuff are the best part of the game in my opinion.

See Chariot's link above.

Chariot

What did they replace them with? Nazis and the alternate history stuff are the best part of the game in my opinion.
Look at the link I provided above. They replaced everything that has to do directly with nazis, including nazi soldier ranks and they call it just "the regime" instead of the nazis.
man that spooky face building would make for a pretty cool level
Does Mussolini has a building build after his face?

zkylon

zkylewd
developers need to remember there are other fascists that need killing

the francos and mussolinis deserve your bullets as much as hitler

if anything for diversity's sake

Man, I've been gaming since 1987 and I'm pretty damn sure next year will be my favorite ever.

The 2 japanese games I most wanted to see localized and had already given up on are finally happening (Trails in the sky SC and Yakuza 5).

Most of my favorite franchises are getting new entries:
The Witcher 3
Bloodborne
Uncharted 4
Persona 5
Devil Survivor 2 Break Record
MGS 5
REmake HD and Revelations 2 (not as big as getting a new mainline game but with the way RE is going these might actually be better, REmake is one of my favorite games ever).

Arkham Knight also has me very hyped.
Xenoblade Chronicles looks awesome too (really enjoyed the first) but I don't have a WiiU.

So yeah, this is crazy. I just wish most of these weren't releasing so close to each other, the first trimester is insane.

Look at the link I provided above.
WTF, I think I got that version :(

Is there any patch to make it the good version?

False alarm, I have the uncensored version, for some reason I thought those pics looked like my version, but mine has the svastikas and they are called nazis.

Copons

You just jelly nobody does a Mussolini game :(

Yeah and thank god for it!
Our idiot young'uns and their fascist revival totally need this kind of endorsement from the entertainment industry. :D

Haha, I love Sunny. I was gutted when I read that the upcoming season wouldn't kick off until January (normally it'd almost be over by now).

IIRC they delayed it because they were about to do (mostly writing I think?) a show with Tracy Morgan before his accident. :(

zkylon

zkylewd
Yeah and thank god for it!
Our idiot young'uns and their fascist revival totally need this kind of endorsement from the entertainment industry. :D
actually it'd be pretty interesting to see a game made from the nazis' point of view

something like jin roh or something

aaa developers are not nearly ready to make something like that, but still, would be interesting and frightening

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Man, I've been gaming since 1987 and I'm pretty damn sure next year will be my favorite ever.

The 2 japanese games I most wanted to see localized and had already given up on are finally happening (Trails in the sky SC and Yakuza 5).

Most of my favorite franchises are getting new entries:
The Witcher 3
Bloodborne
Uncharted 4
Persona 5
Devil Survivor 2 Break Record
MGS 5
REmake HD and Revelations 2 (not as big as getting a new mainline game but with the way RE is going these might actually be better, REmake is one of my favorite games ever).

Arkham Knight also has me very hyped.
Xenoblade Chronicles looks awesome too (really enjoyed the first) but I don't have a WiiU.

So yeah, this is crazy. I just wish most of these weren't releasing so close to each other, the first trimester is insane.

Yeah, I really wish publishers would spread out their releases more evenly. But, unfortunately, the sales data shows it is more advantageous to release within certain shopping seasons and certain dates. There is a small exception when releases will significantly cannibalize sales however.

Arkham Knight is a title to watch, but I am a bit apprehensive due to the issues with Arkham City.

Alternatively, The Witcher 3 is less ambiguous. Not only due to the pedigree of the developer but also because getting a refund for my purchase at this juncture would be...difficult.

MGS5 is completely dependent on whether I can use the Japanese VA for Snake. Kiefer Sutherlands' rendition has been disappointing to unbearable so far.

The image (which I assume is from a trailer) implies that it's exclusive, which isn't the case. Like I said, it's lying via omission because the fact it it's also on the PC is deliberately avoided. You know who doesn't have this problem, though? Microsoft. It is possible to be a platform holder and not dance around the matter of your exclusives technically being multiplatform.

That's a good point. It's weird that the trailer doesn't mention PC because it would be a good idea to include the fact that it's cross-platform in the trailer.

Monooboe

actually it'd be pretty interesting to see a game made from the nazis' point of view

something like jin roh or something

aaa developers are not nearly ready to make something like that, but still, would be interesting and frightening

Don't white supremists try to make those all the time?XD But yeah would be interesting to see a game like that, that wasn't a strategy game.

JaseC

IIRC they delayed it because they were about to do (mostly writing I think?) a show with Tracy Morgan before his accident. :(

Ah, that'd explain it.

That's a good point. It's weird that the trailer doesn't mention PC because it would be a good idea to include the fact that it's cross-platform in the trailer.

Well, we did get cross-platform play confirmation with SFV. One outta two ain't bad. ;)

Top Bottom