• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
No... that's a steal. Game's worth $10 to play through, at least. This isn't some indie game.

I can't help it. I'm cheap when it comes to games that I'm not sure if I'll like or not, plus it doesn't matter if it's indie or not :p

If it helps, I didn't buy Strider 2014 for $6.

I don't know what YOGSCAST is, true story (><)
I only remember something about failed kickstarter and some ridiculous statement that they don't owe anything to supporters

It's for the best, really. They're youtube let's players with a focus on Minecraft, basically.

Still not as harrowing to listen to as pewdiepie, though.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I only remember something about failed kickstarter and some ridiculous statement that they don't owe anything to supporters

To be as fair to them as possible, the situation is this:

1) A group of people who've never made a game before made a deal with Yogcast to make a game based on them.

2) That group of people went to Kickstarter to get funding for the game, funding that was not only necessary to make their super, super ambitious game but also to pay Yogcast to license their intellectual property.

3) That group of people who've never made a game, failed to make their super, super ambitious game. Yogcast chose not to refund or return the money they made off licensing.

That's a completely fair version of the situation, I think. Having said that:

It takes a massive pair of stonefruits to put your name on anything, even if for charity, after that fiasco. They've ruined their brand for people who aren't die-hards fans.

Jadax

There's a Humble Yogscast Jingle Jam going, 25$ to charity for:
  • Bridge Constructor
  • Magicka
  • Magicka Wizard Wars Unique Item
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Ace of Spades: Battle Builder
  • Thomas was Alone
  • Nights into dreams
  • Mark of the Ninja
  • Montas (EA)
  • Stronghold Crusader HD
  • Miner Wars Arena (DRMfree)
  • Swords and Soliders HD
  • Awesomenauts Skins

This had got to be the worst bundle ever. Most of these games have been in bundles for much lower prices.

Also, aren't the yogfags the guys who promised us a certain game, and then gave us some other shit? One of my kickstarter regrets.

I don't really know what they are either, except some sort of podcast that seems to have gotten some faux celebrity status and then fucked people over with a kickstart for a game based on themselves?

Alien on your side mirror may be closer than it seems. Winter seal 75% off, believe.

Those drugs. Send me some.

AHA-Lambda

So is this the last set of deals? Am I safe to buy anything else I want now that's not been a daily?

Murdered: Soul Suspect.

Anyone care to give me reasons its even worth 5.99?

It's really short and is kinda simple and janky in the gameply department admittedly but in a year of broken and uninspired AAA releases it at least had some good ideas and was somewhat memorable to me, for me it's a no brainer at that price.

Grief.exe

Shadowrun: Dragonfall Director's Cut price didn't get cheaper after it got featured.

Possibly a price mistake in the opposite direction.

https://www.steamprices.com/us/app/300550/shadowrun-dragonfall-directors-cut

If I buy a Origin game from Nuuvem will I be fine even though I live in Europe and it doesn't say region-locked?

Probably yes?

To my knowledge, Origin games are region free.

Frequently advised to buy through use of VPN to save some dosh.

I don't really know what they are either, except some sort of podcast that seems to have gotten some faux celebrity status and then fucked people over with a kickstart for a game based on themselves?

Those drugs. Send me some.

I was cheering Fish
no way it will be more discounted then, but don't tell him

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Alien on your side mirror may be closer than it seems. Winter seal 75% off, believe.
2fec1bf2d829c692bfb0a83efd20a16d.jpg

Hello. Christmas come early.
ModBot said:
Instructions for Widdly Scuds:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Widdly Scuds, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Saints Row IV Game of the Century Edition -- MB-B9240D9926B7F96A - Taken by Divius. 58 entrants total.
My 2013 GOTY
The Binding of Isaac Rebirth -- MB-627625FB3CDA47F8 - Taken by Kiru. 32 entrants total.
My 2014 GOTY

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Saints Row IV Game of the Century Edition was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1417543804z1.png

ExoSoul

Banned
Nope. It's starting to look as if it was announced too early.

Yeah, I'm starting to think so to. Either that or they came into unexpected trouble and given the focus on PS4 Sony can't afford another DriveClub.

you have to rub it in, haven't you?
I'm firm believer that we'll get it on PC, no one knows when, though and I wouldn't expect news any time soon too.

What can I say? I love rubbing salt on old wounds :p

Last I heard from what little communication I've had with Sean (Murray, founder, project lead) they definitely intend to release on PC. And that was just mere days before they showed up at PS' show, so I'm confident we'll see it, but they'll just not be actively marketing it much I assume.

I wonder if they'll start mentioning PC closer to the release that or if there will be a different release date for each platform.

Grief.exe

Is the entire series worth it?

Splinter Cell - The original, still holds up but shows its age.
Pandora Tomorrow - Not available on Steam, excellent game.
Chaos Theory - One of the best games of all time, pick it up.
Double Agent - This is an interesting one. Ubisoft funded two different versions of the same game. One developed by the Chaos Theory team for GC/PS2/Xbox, and one for PC/PS3/360. Guess which one is considered to be bad
PC/PS3/360 version
?
Conviction - Flat out no.
Blacklist- I haven't personally played it, but this seems to be a fairly servicible followup to some of the better games in the series.

Anyone noticed that this sale somehow the prices for games in keys are higher than what they cost in the store?

Almost all games I checked on steamtrades and TF2outpost were higher in keys than the shop price.

Top Bottom