• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Has it always been like this, or a hint for something for the upcoming christmas sale?

Nothing happens by the way when I click the button.

If you're talking about the background, looks like you might have some targeted malware.

The Witcher 3 delay is great for me -- it will give me more time to get to The Wittcher 2. And since I'm not in a rush to play it now, I can play something else that was released in 2014 to get more entries for my GOTY voting...

That said, I'm looking for what I should start when I finally finish TEW. Here's some of the "major" 2014 releases in my library:

Anybody have suggestions for what I should play next...
If you need a list of what I finished this year cause you're going to do your homework before replying, you can find one here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=96283675#post96283675
If you're wondering whether or not I own something, well, odds are the answer is yes... but if you want to double check, you can look at my library via my Steam profile.

Thanks, guys.
Since you seemed to enjoy Sakura Spirit you should play Hatoful Boyfriend. :)

Turfster

Gamesplanet christmas dailies: Borderlands 2 GOTY 75% off, WH40K:SPACE MARINE 80% off

GMG's deal of the day: Civ V Double Scenario Pack Inca & Spain 75% off (yeah I don't know either)

Bundlestars LEGO Batman Trilogy 40% off, 1 & 2 75% off

Gamersgate has Alien Isolation 50% off

Humble Insurgency keys are only active until tomorrow

The gabriel knight classics are 4.47$ on GOG at the moment, get on that

Benedict

Fuck. Nom Nom Galaxy went down fast.

New Indiegala Monday:
$1.89 or more for:

Deadlings - Rotten Edition
Crimsonland
Nom Nom Galaxy
Retro-Pixel Castles
Muffin Knight
Super Trench Attack!

The Witcher 3 delay is great for me -- it will give me more time to get to The Wittcher 2. And since I'm not in a rush to play it now, I can play something else that was released in 2014 to get more entries for my GOTY voting...

That said, I'm looking for what I should start when I finally finish TEW. Here's some of the "major" 2014 releases in my library:

If you need a list of what I finished this year cause you're going to do your homework before replying, you can find one here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=96283675#post96283675
If you're wondering whether or not I own something, well, odds are the answer is yes... but if you want to double check, you can look at my library via my Steam profile.

Thanks, guys.

Freedom Planet or Ys Origin

Ruruja

New Indiegala Monday:
$1.89 or more for:

Crimsonland
Nom Nom Galaxy
Retro-Pixel Castles
Muffin Knight
Super Trench Attack!

Crimsonland is an absolute gem of a game. Was obsessed with it about 10 years ago.

FloatOn

New Indiegala Monday:
$1.89 or more for:

Crimsonland
Nom Nom Galaxy
Retro-Pixel Castles
Muffin Knight
Super Trench Attack!

I still don't know what the verdict is on nom nom galaxy. There are very few impressions out there.

so if you guys have any please share.

Thanks, guys.

Have you played Velocity 2x? The presentation's pretty solid. It was free on PS+. It's straight-forward, but allows some depth with warping and perspective shifts.

Might be a good palate cleanser.

Lomax

New Indiegala Monday:
$1.89 or more for:

Crimsonland
Nom Nom Galaxy
Retro-Pixel Castles
Muffin Knight
Super Trench Attack!

From what I understand, Muffin Knight is a rip off of Super Crate Box, but since I've never played Super Crate Box, I loved Muffin Knight.

You know what guys? Time to actually focus on our backlogs.

This does slightly increase the chance I'll finish The Witcher 2 before TW3 comes out. Slightly.

Maniac

Banned
I'm a little late to this particular discussion but I'm not convinced CDPR would delay the game.
Get rekt.

... :(
But he said Sony does it on purpose like SFV.

Because they do it all the time. Lying via omission is the Sony Way™
Who was that idiot earlier today saying that CDPR wouldn't delay their game?

Oh come on, you're no fun! Now I'm just late to the party... But I'll take what I can get. HA-HA!
:'(
Three month delay is not for minor issues.
... If you have an incredibly large openworld game, then it very much can be. Micro-polishing an openworld game is labour intensive and takes a lot of time. This'll hopefully mean TW3 wont be Skyrim-esque.

r3n4ud

Some good games
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (r3n4ud, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Muffin Knight -- MB-C0700124E8F09810 - Taken by drizzle
Super Trench Attack! -- MB-0391ADF0E31188E6 - Taken by redlacs
Crimsonland -- MB-F93D2182B3F7D943 - Taken by Darth Kupi

And speaking of bundles, when/why did Indiegala stop doing their monthly bundle? I seem to remember those used to be slightly better in quality than the weekly ones.

Maniac

Banned
Well... My preorder of the CE is still good... :|

But meh, I don't mind, the less buggy the game is, the better.
I'm playing the long con here. Next time I say something you'll have no choice but to believe me because I'm so honest!

In all seriousness, now I'm hoping more than ever that GTA 5 is a good PC port. That will let me push back the GPU upgrade I was planning to get for these two games. A 970 costs $475-500 here so extra time to save up is nice.

If GTAV is reasonably easy to mod, I hope we'll see some great graphics mods. I'd love to play through it in first person mode and finally get the Crysis-purdy, modern openworld game I've always wanted for a month!
Maybe the delay is so they can finish translating the last few books into English!

That would make me soooo happy...
This does slightly increase the chance I'll finish The Witcher 2 before TW3 comes out. Slightly.
It means I might have time to finally finish TW1! lol

... And my 2nd playthrough of TW2, ofcourse.

Phawx

Heh, thankfully I have some of you fine folk on my Steam friends list. I always forget to run idle_master after a bundle.

I was like, "Why is he playing CrimsonLand so qui.. oh right."

Damn another witcher 3 delay? Alrightie I guess, I can't complain much I got the game for free thanks to shadownet <3

On another note, I'm all good for school now, just got to wait till tomorrow to register for my classes, wish me luck guys, hopefully the 2 classes I can take still have slots available

Turfster

Ughh I really hate when they do that. Free things shouldn't have an expiration date. I really wish some of these sites return to the days when they used serial keys.

Blame scammers getting rich off 1$ humble buys for a multiple of that on ebay and other trading sites

Phawx

Every Monday EXTRAS

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Phawx, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Retro-Pixel Castles -- MB-B753F9A5834746C2 - Taken by S1n1st3r
Super Trench Attack! -- MB-5E8CE48BB3A57A08 - Taken by chronomac
Muffin Knight -- MB-CD3288604A42C4FC - Taken by alr1ght

MUnited83

For you.

New Indiegala Monday:
$1.89 or more for:

Crimsonland
Nom Nom Galaxy
Retro-Pixel Castles
Muffin Knight
Super Trench Attack!

I love how consistently great Every Monday bundles are.

By great I mean that I don't own most of the games on them.

ArjanN

Games on Steam with achievements added some time after release, or DLC achievements tends to have very low completion percentages, even more so than actually super hard achievements, so if you use the rarest achievement showcase those "rare" achievements will show up instead of the actually challenging ones.

Maniac

Banned
Ehm... Yeah, my internet is incredibly broken right now. Not sure how this got re-posted after like 10 min... Sorry! >_>

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

AUPeRsu.jpg

Mystery Gift -- MB-FE02B6C413F7E011 - Taken by salazar547

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I dunno about 2014 games, but from what I've played out of your library, you can't go wrong with a Ys game. Ys II ought to be the one you play next because it's a direct sequel to Ys I (well, more like they're two halves to one story really). Its nightmare mode is a lot easier than in Ys I because you can heal during battle. I finished it up in like 15 hours, but I was taking my time.

Otherwise, Papo & Yo is a good if you're more in a mood to relax, takes about 3-5 hours. I'd also recommend Cave Story+ but don't try hard mode on your first try because it sucks. It's basically a 3 heart run where everything and anything can oneshot you. First playthrough takes like 10 hours, but good luck if you're trying to get all the achievements because you'll spend much more time than that.

Freedom Planet or Ys Origin

Freedom Planet taken into suggestion.
Ys Origin is on hold until I play the other Ys games that preceded it. Ys II would be next.

Have you played Velocity 2x? The presentation's pretty solid. It was free on PS+. It's straight-forward, but allows some depth with warping and perspective shifts.

Might be a good palate cleanser.

I have that on my Vita and have not played it yet. Lately my Vita has been a BoI:R machine.

I dunno about 2014 games, but from what I've played out of your library, you can't go wrong with a Ys game. Ys II ought to be the one you play next because it's a direct sequel to Ys I (well, more like they're two halves to one story really). Its nightmare mode is a lot easier than in Ys I because you can heal during battle. I finished it up in like 15 hours, but I was taking my time.

Otherwise, Papo & Yo is a good if you're more in a mood to relax, takes about 3-5 hours. I'd also recommend Cave Story+ but don't try hard mode on your first try because it sucks. It's basically a 3 heart run where everything and anything can oneshot you. First playthrough takes like 10 hours, but good luck if you're trying to get all the achievements because you'll spend much more time than that.

All noted. Good call on Ys II after the suggestion above.

The reason I asked about 2014 games was cause I have about 8 games on my list for GOTY and I figured I should try to squeeze another 2014 contender in before the end of the year. Current GOTY list, without order: Dark Souls 2, Killer is Dead, MGR:R, Yaiba, The Evil Within, Binding of Isaac: Rebirth, Shovel Knight

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Screw Gabriel, they have Settlers 2-5 + 2 Remake bundle for 75% off.
Get this if you haven't got them already.

Sweet! Is the 10th anniversary version of Settlers 2 any good? If not i will only buy the classic one, such a great game :)

Tizoc

Witcher 3 delay don't bother me much personally, ya'all need to chill like Jase and maybe go finish up Styx.

Well to be fair he probably only was allowed to because of the backlash back when Grim Fandango remake was announced and no PC version was mentioned at first.:p

No offense, but anyone who doubted a PC release of GF upon its announcement was just silly. Even I knew it would get a PC release and I thought it would be a full blown remake :V
So it gets released on Sony systems first, big whoop, gives you time to finish up your backlogs.

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Retro-Pixel Castles -- MB-BB0B3E9DB9CED8E2 - Taken by Htown
Super Trench Attack! -- MB-929B945E6DB17267 - Taken by PunishedSnake
Muffin Knight -- MB-80841325EE3A40E2 - Taken by derExperte

Arthea

Thanks, guys.
nothing changed, the answer is still the same, play GOTY
Trails in the sky

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

I7Ufybq.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-FA1FAE5DCB31C422 - Taken by Jadax - Taken by rainking187

derExperte

Oh yeah, Nom Nom Galaxy, I remember buying that. Early Access, a rather well known dev (the PixelJunk guys/girls) and already in a bundle? Can't be doing so well.

ModBot said:
Instructions for rainking187:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (rainking187, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Magicka Wizard Wars -- MB-FA1FAE5DCB31C422

Already had it.

ArjanN

No offense, but anyone who doubted a PC release of GF upon its announcement was just silly. Even I knew it would get a PC release and I thought it would be a full blown remake :V
So it gets released on Sony systems first, big whoop, gives you time to finish up your backlogs.

Well, I don't disagree, I'm just saying what there were a bunch of angry reactions at the time. My point was the wording was such that someone who doesn't already know better might think it was an actual exclusive. Whereas for Day of the Tentacle Tim was clear about it right off the bat.

Benedict

Did Sony release a special "Press button for PC-PS4 port"?

edit. sorry I was 100% certain these hd remakes had been released on PC.
I guess I was 100% wrong.

Top Bottom