• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

Anteater

It got a lot of flack back in the day that was somewhat deserved. Don't play it expecting a "real" sequel to X and you'll be fine
if you like playing dress up

yeah my friends told me it's a fun game, but to me x was perfect with the ending story wise, i don't really care as much now so i'd likely play through it

Asgaro

lel.

I'm actually happy the worshipping of this developer is starting to crumble.
No developer should have the privilege to get worshipped by gamers.
That's never good for this industry. Let alone for the AAA game industry where you get fucked left and right.

Edit: what I'm getting at: I'm glad the game gets delayed: quality over deadlines.
But the article just shows that even worshipped devs can easily tell lies like "we won't delay any further".

They are also still telling the lie "we will never release any DLC except when it's free".

Dokuro is the first instance of a steam game being more expensive than its version on PSN. 10 bucks and even with discount it is 6 bucks still twice the regular price of the PSN version 3 bucks. Why?

Has Dokuro really dropped that low? Before it was a PS+ game (I think it was), it was a frequent in sales... I think I paid about $10 for it and it was totally worth it.

Besides, you have to take into effect the fact that *gasp* people worked on porting the code from the Vita to PC and tested it and made it work properly without touch screens. You have to pay these people and try to recoup your investment.

Economics and commerce... how do they work? :p

Has Dokuro really dropped that low? Before it was a PS+ game (I think it was), it was a frequent in sales... I think I paid about $10 for it and it was totally worth it.

Besides, you have to take into effect the fact that *gasp* people worked on porting the code from the Vita to PC and tested it and made it work properly without touch screens. You have to pay these people and try to recoup your investment.

I don't know. I have an euro PSN Plus since January 2013 and I never missed any free game. Dokuro has never been free on PSN Plus there. I don't know about US though.

Lomax

Pixel Piracy is really good as well, I won it here and put quite a lot of time into it. The controls take some getting used to but it's a lot of fun once you get rolling.

lel.

I'm actually happy the worshipping of this developer is starting to crumble.
No developer should have the privilege to get worshipped by gamers.
That's never good for this industry. Let alone for the AAA game industry where you get fucked left and right.

Edit: what I'm getting at: I'm glad the game gets delayed: quality over deadlines.
But the article just shows that even worshipped devs can easily tell lies like "we won't delay any further".

They are also still telling the lie "we will never release any DLC except when it's free".

Respecting the history of a developer is not worship. CDP has released two previous Witcher games that had nothing but free DLC, so them doing the same thing again is to be expected. Besides, anyone here that has already pre-ordered TW3 did it because it was so cheap via Russia and doesn't need to be told they should be skeptical. And anyone who hasn't already pre-ordered it, shouldn't. At least not until much much closer to release. That would be true even if it was still releasing on the original date.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
you can buy it from a russian trader since is not region locked

If you trust them, because once they buy it it's untradeable for 30 days. So they have to gift it to you.

Extra extra
ModBot said:
Instructions for arts&crafts:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (arts&crafts, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadow of Chernobyl -- MB-B97C8A9A0F0CD9E5 - Taken by fspm
Retro-Pixel Castle -- MB-6AC400627D7A61C1 - Taken by sensoft04
Muffin Knight -- MB-C2F0EB570E80CF77 - Taken by darkchewie

Vastag

Some leftovers from the bundle:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Alone In The Dark -- MB-A072A00458162E2A - Taken by PriitV
S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Shadow of Chernobyl -- MB-8554AFF9CABD6E35 - Taken by anastef

Chariot

Bundle keys for Pixel Piracy, Alone in the Dark, Kraven Manor, FATE and Real Boxing. Can't be assed for modbot, post me your 2D waifu and the game you want. First waifu, first served

edit: all gone

rtcn63

Bundle keys for Pixel Piracy, Alone in the Dark, Kraven Manor, FATE and Real Boxing. Can't be assed for modbot, post me your 2D waifu and the game you want. First waifu, first served

tumblr_m7t8bhyU8O1qhcyveo1_500.gif

Alone in the Dark Please

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Me too :p

But I can't log in on the AMD page for the moment, something about a 24hour verification period. Which is strange cause I already used the Never Settle page some times in the past
just checked my email. I got a code as well!!!!!!

now to find out how to use the code

I cannot actually believe I've won. there's gotta be a catch. I can't be that lucky.

sibarraz

Banned
I had this problem, I instaled viking battle for asgard, they game never started, and doesn't appear on my task manager, yet in the steam game it appears that is still running, worse is that when I close steam, and restart my pc and steam, the game still appears running

Lomax

I had this problem, I instaled viking battle for asgard, they game never started, and doesn't appear on my task manager, yet in the steam game it appears that is still running, worse is that when I close steam, and restart my pc and steam, the game still appears running

I think I remember having the same problem and it ended up being a resolution issue I fixed in a config file. Don't remember exactly but I'm pretty sure I found the solution on the Steam forums. That game is just chock full of issues though.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell

I cannot actually believe I've won. there's gotta be a catch. I can't be that lucky.

Three people in the same thread won, kind of suspicious.. I did think it was a junk mail at first... strange

And regarding you're question about my Elite setup, the buttons on the small keyboard are easier to find imo, and it just uses less space which is nice cause it's getting really cramped on my desk with all that stuff connected

Sini

Are you all from UK/France who won AMD code? I'm wondering if they actually check if you are from those countries.

Knurek

Let's keep the animu party going:

Potatoman Seeks the Troof
Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl
Muffin Knight
Super Trench Attack!

Post your favorite anime husbando and game you want. First come first serve.

I managed to get a code too, haven't redeemed it yet but this way seems much better than when they had everyone refreshing their site to try and get a key.

Top Bottom