• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

Pranay

Let's keep the animu party going:

Potatoman Seeks the Troof
Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl
Muffin Knight
Super Trench Attack!

Post your favorite anime husbando and game you want. First come first serve.

Stalker

tumblr_n61wzu2v7b1s5sccqo6_1280.jpg

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
And Germany. They are saying that only those three countries are eligible.

Oh, ok, didn't really read all the small print :p

But even then it's strange that four people in this thread alone got a code...

Oh well, we will see how it pans out :)

Arthea

That bundlestars Killer bundle surely is a killer bundle! Considering buying one more for presents now.

Anyone else having issues with card drops on Steam? Been idling Crimsonland for two hours and only one card drop.o_O

I'm having exactly the same problem, finally second dropped after more than 2 hours

Pachimari

If I get Dead or Alive 5: Last Round through a trader, will I get the pre-order bonuses from those tier lists on the Steam page?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Chariot

Arthea

BTW guys, how Shadow of Chernobyl runs on not so hot PCs, let's say very low tier ones, I want to gift it, but I'm not sure said person can run it.

redlacs

Bundle keys for Pixel Piracy, Alone in the Dark, Kraven Manor, FATE and Real Boxing. Can't be assed for modbot, post me your 2D waifu and the game you want. First waifu, first served

tanya.png

meet Tanya. not bad for a robot eh?
(interested in boxing)

Grief.exe

Lol, I have no game for 2015 until Witcher 3 and MGSV will be released. Yes, there's Batman, but I won't give WB my money just to see the game 50% off the month after release.

Anyway, now I'm worried. I remember what that dude said on GAF, this is the second time CDPR posticipated the game.

Early 2015 is packed to the brim.

Below
Ori and the Blind Forest
REmake
GTAV
Killing Floor 2 (?)
Majoras Mask
Evolve
Hotline Miami 2

Indiegala bundle is odd... it's converting the $ to € and then putting extra tax on top of that when paying through Paypal. So instead of paying $1.89 (£1.21), I'm now paying €1.97 (£1.55).

I know in the grand scheme of things that's not a major price hike, but why has it started to do this? Very odd.

Arthea

Indiegala bundle is odd... it's converting the $ to € and then putting extra tax on top of that when paying through Paypal. So instead of paying $1.89 (£1.21), I'm now paying €1.97 (£1.55).

I know in the grand scheme of things that's not a major price hike, but why has it started to do this? Very odd.

where have you been whole year? All EU based bundles applies VAT now, all of them!

Zafir

It's nothing new, it's done it for ages now.

It's annoying they don't allow you to just pay in dollars with the vat added on to avoid it being converted twice, though.

And regarding you're question about my Elite setup, the buttons on the small keyboard are easier to find imo, and it just uses less space which is nice cause it's getting really cramped on my desk with all that stuff connected
Ach so ;)
Pretty professional setup you have. Nice. Ain't there more keybinds for a deep game like elite than your mini kb provides though?
-
I managed to get a code too, haven't redeemed it yet but this way seems much better than when they had everyone refreshing their site to try and get a key.
Yeah. This system is much fairer because it was almost impossible to get a key when all of them were gone in milliseconds
almost

But I have to agree that it has to suck for ineligible folks.

I am still super glad I won :D

Arthea

Indiegala has always used £ as far as I can remember, this is the first time it's decided to use € - that's my issue. Please comprehend.

Indiegala still uses $, what's funny, it only converts to local currency when paying, and there is no option to change it anymore.
Are you sure you are not confusing it with bundlestars or something?

Im going through my backlog and playing space chem right now and I fear what the game will become later on.

o7

RIP

Indiegala still uses $, what's funny, it only converts to local currency when paying, and there is no option to change it anymore.
Are you sure you are not confusing it with bundlestars or something?

I've went back through old paypal email receipts and those are in £, even the Indiegala store is in € now for some reason. I'll have to check to make sure I haven't somehow activated a VPN/DNS thing on the browser for Netflix or something.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=142392457&postcount=26

Still waiting on feedback from various folks (including Valve). What do you think of the survey design?

If anyone wants to chime in.

How much do you think MGS Ground Zeroes will cost on release?

I have €18 left in my Steam wallet.

currently iirc it's $20 on PSN and XBLA, will probably be the same, but might have a discount. Launches on the 18th, Holiday Sale should start around that date. My guess is a $15 price. Don't know in euros though, will proly cost a bit more.

GaussTek

Oh man, I want FFX / X-2 HD on PC too.

BTW, right now I'd say that there's like 70% chance of Final Fantasy XV to also launch on Steam when it comes out. But if both FFX HD and Type-0 HD come to PC before, that will be up to like 99% IMO :p

Early 2015 is packed to the brim.

Below
Ori and the Blind Forest
REmake
GTAV
Killing Floor 2 (?)
Majoras Mask
Evolve
Hotline Miami 2

Huh. That list doesn't do much for me. Depending on your definition of "early", I have:

Hotline Miami 2
REmake
Bloodborne (assuming I can acquire a PS4 prior to it's release)
The Order 1886 (assuming that I acquire the PS4 for Bloodborne)

I own Dying Light and Evolve preorders, but I only really got Evolve cause it was a price mistake.
I suppose GTAV is interesting and it *was* on my list, but I'm thinking that's better suited for a "wait and see" approach. Same goes for KF2.
Majora's Mask is awesome tho, and something else worthy of adding to my limited 3DS library, though who knows if I'll ever find the desire to go through that game again (as wonderful as it was).

Wasn't Hotline 2 supposed to release by year end 2014? Was it officially delayed?

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
The reason I asked about 2014 games was cause I have about 8 games on my list for GOTY and I figured I should try to squeeze another 2014 contender in before the end of the year. Current GOTY list, without order: Dark Souls 2, Killer is Dead, MGR:R, Yaiba, The Evil Within, Binding of Isaac: Rebirth, Shovel Knight
Oh is this just steam GOTY? Since Killer is Dead came out last year I thought. If that's the case, I would say Transistor, This War of Mine, Super Time Force Ultra, Trails in the Sky, and Valkyria Chronicles had the most hype in here at the time of their release? I haven't played any of them, so I can't really say anything substantial about them. I'd pick Trails or Valkyria but that's just because I love jrpgs.

madjoki

where have you been whole year? All EU based bundles applies VAT now, all of them!

VAT is supposed to be included in price and isn't new thing.

Even US based bundles has to pay VAT for EU purchases. Humble Bundles just doesn't add it to price, but pays out of price you set.

Valve used to add it before it was priced in euros. (They made branch in Luxembourg to take advantage of small VAT there, thought this is ending soon as next year they have to pay it according to purchasers country, this applies to EU-bundles too)

Many giveaways are US only. Or price errors like the $1 Never Settle keys. Or the black friday deals. Or lower prices for hardware in general. So view as kind of a small compensation. :)

Actually $1 Never Settles was purchasable from EU ;)

currently iirc it's $20 on PSN and XBLA, will probably be the same, but might have a discount. Launches on the 18th, Holiday Sale should start around that date. My guess is a $15 price. Don't know in euros though, will proly cost a bit more.

Konami's EU pricing has been pretty fair. Metal Gear Rising is 20€ vs 30$.

dex3108

Oh man, I want FFX / X-2 HD on PC too.

BTW, right now I'd say that there's like 70% chance of Final Fantasy XV to also launch on Steam when it comes out. But if both FFX HD and Type-0 HD come to PC before, that will be up to like 99% IMO :p

If it is coming to PS4 i guess that they are porting it from PC version :D

Top Bottom