• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

So, a guy is offering me up to 13 keys for TEW if I contact him fast, but he only owns CoD: Black Ops2 (1300 hours played, but only 3 cheevos on MP, btw), CoD:WaW and Borderlands 2 and has no comments on his Steam profile…

Not sure if this is the most blatant scammer I've personally dealt with or just someone's second account to hide his CoD shame :lol

There's really only one way to find out.

I'd suggest giving him your password.

There's really only one way to find out.

I'd suggest giving him your password.

Thanks mate, will do :D

I would avoid it. Also 13 keys is not remotely a good deal, since the game was 12€ some days ago on Gamersgate (around 6 keys).
Just wait ten days and buy it from Steam during x-mas sale.
EDIT:Oh, you did to sell him the game for 13 keys. Well, if it's a gift, do it, since you will use the steam trade system. If it's a serial, avoid it.

I got it for ~8€, actually! GamersGate had a price mistake.

I don't really know what to trade it for, the only new-ish game that I'd like to try is Mordor, and no one is going to trade it for TEW...

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
So, a guy is offering me up to 13 keys for TEW if I contact him fast, but he only owns CoD: Black Ops2 (1300 hours played, but only 3 cheevos on MP, btw), CoD:WaW and Borderlands 2 and has no comments on his Steam profile…

Not sure if this is the most blatant scammer I've personally dealt with or just someone's second account to hide his CoD shame :lol

There are only 5 achievements total for Blops 2 MP and 2/5 are random crap that are pretty much impossible to get at this point.

Wok

BundleStars: The Killer Bundle (US$4.99)

S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Shadow of Chernobyl
Demonicon: The Dark Eye* (aka the incest RPG)
Pixel Piracy
Year Walk
Alone in the Dark
Albedo: Eyes from Outer Space
Kraven Manor
FATE: The Cursed King
Loren The Amazon Princess
Real Boxing

*Demonicon has some of the best Steam backgrounds.

Damn. Just bought Demonicon recently.

Isn't it the incest game?

_hekk05

Banned
Thanks mate, will do :D

I got it for ~8€, actually! GamersGate had a price mistake.

I don't really know what to trade it for, the only new-ish game that I'd like to try is Mordor, and no one is going to trade it for TEW...

Ehh I'm sure you can get Mordor for pretty cheap? I paid like less than half price at launch

Locust

Hmmm, for some reason I thought there would be more security on this...

Did you have to tamper the GetOwnedGames response Steam gives to achieve that? I did a similar thing a while ago with the Favorite Game showcase, but that one has no ownership check so it was easier. :v

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Did you have to tamper the GetOwnedGames response Steam gives to achieve that? I did a similar thing a while ago with the Favorite Game showcase, but that one has no ownership check so it was easier. :v

I didn't have to tamper with any response, I simply sent a few POST commands with the specified App IDs.

Grief.exe

Just noticed how the PS4 is the perfect remake machine.
First, remake of PS3 games released last year.
Then, remake of PS1 games released on PC in their "remade" version.
And finally, remake of PS3 games that were remake of PS2 games.

Now I mean the true essence of that PS4 20th Anniversary :D

The term you are looking for is remaster or simply port.

Remake implies that the game has been remade on a new engine, generally with improved mechanics and features. Think Resident Evil 1 on the Gamecube.

dex3108

I was talking with my friend about Mafia 2 now and now i am sad again. For two years i am hoping to see Mafia 3 announcement and nothing. :( Damn you 2K

Am i the only one who liked Mafia 2 soo much that Mafia 3 can't come soon enough?

Uzzy

499 games, and FFXIII-2 tomorrow will make 500. Get in.

Anyway, anyone interested in some co-op play of Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris in 40 minutes?

Dascu

Would anyone happen to know if there is a particular day or time of day when Steam has a higher than average activity? Like when would the store page be getting the most views and visits?

Anyone got any impressions of Maelbolgia? It's apparently GAFer made. Looks a little neat besides the wonky animation.

It's really good, late GOTY contender. 100% unbiased review.

*cough*

There's a few video playthroughs of the Early Access build out there, if you look on Steam or on Youtube. Give it a look and consider whether you'd like to try it. If you're worried about it being Early Access, I would say that it's not filled with bugs or that the majority is incomplete. It's more that this is only a portion of the full game. Like a really big demo. Full release is planned for late Jan/early Feb 2015.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Alright thanks, I'll look into it again. :p

I'm wondering if there would be enough interest in something like this to include it as a feature of Enhanced Steam. I'm not sure who exactly would want to feature games they don't own, but it is kinda cool to be showcasing unreleased games given that even those who have purchased the game still can't add them to their showcase normally until after release.

Why can't Steam still let us wishlist packs

come on mang gotta keep my stuff organized

I get asked this a lot. Valve's official response is that packs get removed all the time (and are sometimes created just for sales events and whatnot).

I agree it's annoying.

Maniac

Banned
I own Dying Light and Evolve preorders, but I only really got Evolve cause it was a price mistake.
I suppose GTAV is interesting and it *was* on my list, but I'm thinking that's better suited for a "wait and see" approach. Same goes for KF2.
Quite jelly - I really want Dying Light. I'm getting more and more interested in it, and I'd really like to play it with my friends Rift...

Sigh. I wish I'd jumped on it when the russians could get it. :p

Oh and damn you for Evolve, too. I really like it, but I cannot in any way whatsoever afford it at the current price-point. :/
Fokken ACRTAG.
Ach so ;)
Pretty professional setup you have. Nice. Ain't there more keybinds for a deep game like elite than your mini kb provides though?
-

Yeah. This system is much fairer because it was almost impossible to get a key when all of them were gone in milliseconds
almost

But I have to agree that it has to suck for ineligible folks.

I am still super glad I won :D
Damn you. Can you pick like, two Star Citizens? Or make another account and enter it again for meeeee? ._.

Gods I want that mustang!
I think I won one of the AMD Never Settle keys Alienware raffled off instead of feeding click-bots.

https://eu.alienwarearena.com/contest-sweeps/amd200chances to enter, three more weeks, 150 more keys.

You're both bastards.
Whoa, what have I missed? Will they actually release paid DLC?

No, he's just a pessimist ;)

MUnited83

For you.
Quite jelly - I really want Dying Light. I'm getting more and more interested in it, and I'd really like to play it with my friends Rift...

Sigh. I wish I'd jumped on it when the russians could get it. :p

Oh and damn you for Evolve, too. I really like it, but I cannot in any way whatsoever afford it at the current price-point. :/
Fokken ACRTAG.
Damn you. Can you pick like, two Star Citizens? Or make another account and enter it again for meeeee? ._.

Gods I want that mustang!

You're both bastards.

No, he's just a pessimist ;)
Evolve has no ACRTAG :)

Chariot

Seeing the IDG HQ explode actually put a smile on my face hehe

But wow, I never knew GameStar did sth like this
That was the main reason I bought that magazine, next to the free games. The articles themselves weren't that good and I am pretty sure that GS was bought by publishers since the review texts were sometimes vastly different from the actual score. When I started exploring the internet I stopped buying it regularly. And when I discovered GAF I stopped even touching game magazines. So SLOW.

Monooboe

I was talking with my friend about Mafia 2 now and now i am sad again. For two years i am hoping to see Mafia 3 announcement and nothing. :( Damn you 2K

Am i the only one who liked Mafia 2 soo much that Mafia 3 can't come soon enough?

I'm hoping more for Hidden & Dangerous 3 form them.:D Mafia 3 would be quite nice of course.

Maniac

Banned
Evolve has no ACRTAG :)

Was just talking to dmix, and he told me as much. Now I may just have to buy the darn thing. Also pls, give Disney gif.

... So... Has anyone tried that risky-sounding bypass-y thing? And if so, has any of you gotten aids or died from it?

... Or other similar, disgusting, slimy and oozing ill effects?

Vlad

Eh, these don't look like my kind of thing, hopefully someone else will enjoy them more than I would:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Vlad, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Deadlings -- MB-691D32650B6E5BF0 - Taken by derExperte. 2 entrants total.
Super Trench Attack -- MB-64A014AFB81E44E4 - Taken by Newblade. 3 entrants total.

t1418079512z1.png

Anyone still waiting on Ubisoft to deliver the CD key for Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris? I bought it last Saturday with the free South Park. On my account it says "Processing serial number or unlock code." Oh well, it looks that I won't be playing it today.

Jawmuncher

Anyone still waiting on Ubisoft to deliver the CD key for Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris? I bought it last Saturday with the free South Park. On my account it says "Processing serial number or unlock code." Oh well, it looks that I won't be playing it today.

Most of us received it a few days ago.
No email at all for it?

Newblade

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Shadow of Chernobyl -- MB-D30DA3C568AB5992 - Taken by Naked Snake

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of BruteUA, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Loren The Amazon Princess -- MB-400A6B8F88E0E9B5 - Taken by Scipius. 19 entrants total.

t1418082812z1.png

_hekk05

Banned

Wait there was free South Park? Was it uPlay?

Most of us received it a few days ago.
No email at all for it?

I received the order confirmation e-mail with both games on it, but only South Park had the cd key. Maybe because it was purchased last Saturday night and it is too early for them to process the key. Hopefully. And I noticed that today they removed LC from the BOGO promo.

Top Bottom