• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

Pranay

Counter point: I can't see anything.

30 FPS racing game?

Yeah 30 fps but very responsive

To counter, your counter
wngvjt.gif

Screens - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=142428649&postcount=1453

me0wish

Question: if I buy a retail copy of Viva Pinata, is there any way to install or download via a key or something so I don't need to use a DVD drive?

I don't have a DVD drive on this desktop.

It's a GFWL game isn't it? Can you even play/register it if you had a CD drive?

Merkunt

Hello steamgaf, have been a lurker for a year now and got accepted yesterday, here's a gift :)

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Merkunt, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Transistor -- MB-42836F927E839D68 - Taken by RyanPierre[/QUOTE]

Pranay

Hello steamgaf, have been a lurker for a year now and got accepted yesterday, here's a gift :)

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Merkunt, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Transistor -- MB-42836F927E839D68 - Taken by RyanPierre
[/QUOTE]

Welcome to gaf

iosefe

ModBot Basics:

Welcome, comrade.

i'm fairly certain that welcome gifts work the opposite way though. haha

ModBot Basics:

[/QUOTE]

Congrats on getting accepted and wow, that giveaway got gobbled up pretty quickly.

Speevy

Banned
I meant to do a free for all guys, sorry about that. Anyway, there are a few decent games there if you're interested.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
everytime someone posts gifs or pics without saying what game it is a baby kitten is eaten by a pack or giant sewer rats. true story

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
you can install Steam on a surface correct? its basically like a laptop? or am I mistaken?

ExoSoul

Banned

ModBot Basics:

Welcome =)
Damn you Ryan =(

Nzyme32

you can install Steam on a surface correct? its basically like a laptop? or am I mistaken?

As long as you are getting the surface "pro" line of the older models rather than "RT" yooull be fine. Surface 2 and 3 are full windows iirc so steam is good to go!

Rhaknar

interesting. Im looking for something that I can "sneak" (wont really be sneaking it, I can use it, as long as i dont make a big deal out of it) to work, and a "tablet" seems easier than a actual laptop. also easier to carry. these winter months are killer.

time to research

As long as you are getting the surface "pro" line of the older models rather than "RT" yooull be fine. Surface 2 and 3 are full windows iirc so steam is good to go!

wait what, I need to get a older model? o_O

Rhaknar

holy shit they are expensive :O I thought it was like an ipad... well that kills that idea lol

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
holy shit they are expensive :O I thought it was like an ipad... well that kills that idea lol

It's a shame that Valve is so anti-Android. If there were an android in-home streaming platform it would significantly lower the barrier of entry in the "second device" scenario for most people. Ouya, Raspberry Pi, hell maybe even Amazon Fire TV and Chromecast could get in on the action.

That Killer bundle from Bundle Stars is actually pretty great. I've been meaning to get STALKER, but the other games in the bundle are pretty decent as well.

Five bucks well spent.

Nzyme32

Talk to Dr Dogg. He picked up the surface 2 and loves it, playing civ and all sorts. He picked it up cheap somewhere maybe second hand, but I'm sure he can give you some pointers

Rhaknar

It's a shame that Valve is so anti-Android. If there were an android in-home streaming platform it would significantly lower the barrier of entry in the "second device" scenario for most people. Ouya, Raspberry Pi, hell maybe even Amazon Fire TV and Chromecast could get in on the action.

guess ill look into some small cheap laptop

looking at surface specs, and they have ipad style storage (like 64/128/254 gigs), thats...not alot >_>

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member

ModBot Basics:

Hi, welcome to GAF!

Uzzy

do you mean the character model or the gameplay?
either way, I don't think I agree with your assertion.

I mean the character. The ass-kicking, dual pistol wielding, Keeley Hawes voiced aristocratic archaeologist. Anyway, two hour report on Lara Croft: TOO. I'm certainly enjoying it, but it may be a little short in terms of length. I've already done two of the five optional challenge tombs, and they weren't very challenging. Also of note, three ctd's in those two hours, which is a bit depressing.

Top Bottom