• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of The_Super_Inframan, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (The_Super_Inframan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

SPACE HACK -- MB-9F344028BE9803A0 - Taken by factorone. 2 entrants total.
SWEET LILY DREAMS -- MB-9C9F032281EB9CC4 - Taken by data. 1 entrants total.
S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Shadow of Chernobyl -- MB-F5F8BB18E24C728E - Taken by topyy. 17 entrants total.
Alone In The Dark -- MB-59042A86DA0554CC - Taken by rainking187. 15 entrants total.
Retro-Pixel Castles -- MB-989C5DB4B3294333 - Taken by orthodoxy1095. 4 entrants total.
Super Trench Attack! -- MB-85ED4BE15DD159AE - Taken by Milamber. 3 entrants total.
KNIGHTSHIFT -- MB-F986768A7A343C14 - Taken by TheMadMan007. 1 entrants total.
Muffin Knight -- MB-B78C4C3442CE6EDB - Taken by fuzzy123. 1 entrants total.
Demonicon The Dark Eye -- MB-01EA855738272F8C - Taken by DarKshodaN. 15 entrants total.
ELVEN LEGACY -- MB-43FAE755A4CF069B - Taken by TheTrain. 2 entrants total.
CRASH TIME 2 -- MB-B40CDC34305B1A7A - Taken by gaiadyne. 2 entrants total.

t1418098412z1.png

AsfaeksBR

Really undecided over Lichdom: Battlemage.
The game interests me, but I don't know if it will run well on my laptop (i5 3210m, GT640m, 4gb ram, runs Crysis Warhead fairly well).

Is it worth it? Will it run?

SaveFerris

Neo Member
The End of the Line community update for TF2 has gone live, looks like the rumored competitive hooks are used for a $4.99 item you buy that tracks ducks players drop when you kill them, and can be leveled up for $4.99 to drop more from each kill.

The community made map was cut from the update for being to confusing to new players also.

:(

FloatOn

dear steamgaf. I'm sick and I dropped $800 to fix my house air conditioning.

the plus side is that wednesday is the last day of school for me for a few weeks and I picked up some recent-ish releases over the thanksgiving sale so I need to figure out what to play after I finish south park.

here's the candidates:

Shadow Warrior
Lords of the Shadow 2
Metal Gear Rising
Walking Dead season 2

I picked up a bunch of indies but I'm too drugged to list them.

Speevy

Banned

the plus side is that wednesday is the last day of school for me for a few weeks and I picked up some recent-ish releases over the thanksgiving sale so I need to figure out what to play after I finish south park.

here's the candidates:

Shadow Warrior
Lords of the Shadow 2
Metal Gear Rising
Walking Dead season 2

Metal Gear Rising

Ventara

here's the candidates:

Shadow Warrior
Lords of the Shadow 2
Metal Gear Rising
Walking Dead season 2

I'll second MGR, followed by LoS2.

Eternia

Check out Dell Venue 8 pro, it's around 200$, works wonderful with indie games, emulators, and streaming, such a lovely device for such a cheap price! Not to mention the screen is IPS.

Check this video out:

http://youtu.be/efDdh1iOC_8

Edit: I'm surprised no one even mentions the device, it's really awesome, while not ideal for gaming due to size, it does surprisingly really well, it handles source games pretty nicely and makes a nice "handheld replacement".
I picked one up (first tablet) recently during the store opening in Toronto for $99. It's a nifty little device but with some issues. Only really played primarily Hearthstone so far and it works pretty well. Gets pretty hot though and has some unfortunate battery issues due to how connected standby (doesn't) work. I find the touch screen responsive and accurate enough with the 8" screen and will probably look for more touch friendly games to try in the future.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I started playing Unrest and it's pretty good so far. I keep wondering how the different choices affect the outcomes, though, because I feel like I'm constantly making the wrong choices :|

Sell it for $20 to BinaryPork! :3

It'll be about ten days or so before anyone sells a copy at that price :p

here's the candidates:

Shadow Warrior
Lords of the Shadow 2
Metal Gear Rising
Walking Dead season 2

I too vote for MGRules of Nature.

So The Witcher 3 is now releasing on the 19th of May. Great, its releasing on my birthday. Now its tempting me to buy it. Decisions, Decisions.

ExoSoul

Banned

here's the candidates:

Shadow Warrior
Lords of the Shadow 2
Metal Gear Rising
Walking Dead season 2

It's between Rising and Shadow Warrior, the other two...
Go with Rising, you won't regret it.

Does anyone know anything about Steam launching games in safe mode? Just put out a message on the Steam forums about this but maybe someone here knows something about it. A game crashed on me (The Talos Principal) when I was altering the resolution mid-game and I had to force close. This is a one off problem as the game has never crashed before and it might have had something to do with other programs I had running at the time. When re-launching it asked if I wanted to launch normally or in safe mode. Unfortunately I clicked safe mode and I can't get out of it.

The game shows green line command text in the top left of the screen and I'm not sure how to get it out of safe mode and back to the original settings. Not sure if it's a Steam thing or something the game handles but any help would be appreciated.

I've tried restarting Steam and restarting Windows. I'd reinstall but I don't want to risk losing my saves unless someone knows where I can locate them to back them up, as Game Save Manager couldn't detect them. Thanks in advance for any help.

Kagemusha

Crimsonland is taking forever to drop cards. Game is much more enjoyable than I thought it would be.

Also, for whatever reason I was never able to survive long in Star Fox and missed the N64 Star Fox. But playing Kromaia reminds me that I have no idea what I'm doing in these space shooters. Just absolute chaos and too many things shooting at me. I think I got to level in 6 in Kromaia before I exploded.

Lomax

Crimsonland is taking forever to drop cards. Game is much more enjoyable than I thought it would be.

Yeah, I don't get these Devs setting card drop times so high. The Disney games are just awful, I'm over 4 hours now in Pure and still only have 2 out of 3 drops.

Fake edit: just finally got my third and final Pure card. 4.3 hours total. Considering the first card dropped within 30 minutes, that's almost 4 hours for the other two. Yesh.

OT but, I think I will start buying amiibos now that they are considered limited quantity.

i got the samus and yoshi amiibo. they're pretty dope, the quality is pretty good and their ai is pretty good ingame, they give me a nice run for my money and they're not even max level yet. I mean they don't beat me but they're definitely better than lvl9 cpus.

Ventara

OT but, I think I will start buying amiibos now that they are considered limited quantity.

I'm the opposite. I was on the edge before, but now that I know that they're limited and hard to find (and thus will probably cost me more), I'll be passing. I mean $14 x 50 (or however many they plan to make) is a lot of money. I think spending them on games would be better for me.

Though I still might pick up one just to try them out. Maybe Samus.

I'm the opposite. I was on the edge before, but now that I know that they're limited and hard to find (and thus will probably cost me more), I'll be passing. I mean $14 x 50 (or however many they plan to make) is a lot of money. I think spending them on games would be better for me.

Though I still might pick up one just to try them out. Maybe Samus.

I agree. I'd rather pick up more games than spend money trying to collect them all. Picking up one or two isn't too bad though.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
skipped Van Helsing 2 at its cheapests its been because "xmas sale is around the corner". if its not 66% there ima gonna be pissed

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Trusted sources have told us it's not as good anyway.
(We trust jshackles, right?)

the amount of fucks I give about what anyone besides myself think about games is about...zero. no offense, its just how I roll

didamangi

So that's the new Lara Croft done. 5 hours solo, taking my time and completing all the 5 challenge tombs.

Game's easy, puzzles are too easy (major disappointment for me), first game is better. Haven't tried co-op. RPS review spot on.

It's still a fun game though, since I played it almost nonstop till the end.

Top Bottom