• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Tizoc, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Tizoc, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Dokuro -- MB-215601970C1D782F - Taken by DocSeuss. 29 entrants total.
Surgeon Simulator 2013 -- MB-5C61922C96AB5A48 - Taken by A Fish Aficionado. 5 entrants total.

t1418122413z1.png

Good morning SteamGAF :D I don't know if this was allready posted but TF2 End of the Line is here :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aLjwVVNq4s

It's a nice vid. The fandom is pretty disappointed with the overall update though. It's community-made, but they feel it got shafted by Valve.

And with this they pissed off all 3 of their service game communities in quick succession.
And let's not talk abut the HL2 anniversary.
And interestingly all 3 were involved in shitty monetization schemes.

Valve better step up their game next year. And no, I don't mean that they should skin their whales more....

Ban Puncher

Just cut and paste your Steam folder. If Steam complains about something, delete everything except for the steamapps and userdata folders and Steam.exe, then run said exe -- this essentially acts as a reinstallation.

Thanks for that Jase.

But how did I sprain my ankle asleep in bed?

9 days until Ground Zeroes, seems like time is going by super quick, can't wait to play it. And what's the deal with GZ coming out on a Thursday, seems kind of odd.

Do you like your sister? Maybe slightly more than is socially acceptable in modern society? Well here is the game for you!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Demonicon: The Dark Eye -- MB-E0C91C3104C94C77 - Taken by Catshade. 5 entrants total.
Muffin Knight -- MB-1EE00F41145820EF - Taken by XShagrath. 1 entrants total.
S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Shadow of Chernobyl -- MB-7117FFB0559B9BAC - Taken by tmarg. 2 entrants total.

t1418121274z1.png

MetalDeer

9 days until Ground Zeroes, seems like time is going by super quick, can't wait to play it. And what's the deal with GZ coming out on a Thursday, seems kind of odd.

It's even more odd that it's almost a week away from release and there's still no price listed. Here's hoping it's $20 or less.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It's even more odd that it's almost a week away from release and there's still no price listed. Here's hoping it's $20 or less.

Expect a base price of $20, perhaps with some sort of early bird discount. The RRP of the console versions is $20 these days and there's no paid DLC.

milena87

Thoughts?

I liked it. It has some problems (especially the combat...), but overall I think it's a good game. It was a bit disappointing to see that they had to cut keep customizations (they were supposed to be in all the areas, but now there are only 3, 1 for traders, 1 for spies and 1 for soldiers) and the timed quests.

Characters are still the strongest part of the game, but this time exploration becomes a pretty important part too. And it's actually quite fun.
Story was ok and there were a few interesting choices to make. Many past choices from DAO and DA2 are acknowledged, but of course not the big ones from Origins.

The parts about the elven lore were my favourites and I liked the implications for future games / DLCs.

The combat was really the most disappointing thing for me. I played on Nightmare with mouse+keyboard, because at least it was faster than a controller. The design problems are there either way. I loved the tactical camera in DAO and I have no idea why they decided to make the tactical camera so useless here.
It's too close to the ground, so you can't see most of the battlefield at once. For some reason you can't move the camera around freely, but it's controlled like another character, so it gets stuck a lot. And you can't even select all party members at once.

I understand that most people will just play without tactical mode most of the time, but the normal mode is way too actiony for me to enjoy. In these games I love pausing every few seconds and give commands and I disabled the tactics and behaviours for this reason.

Ah, the tactics and behaviours are lacking as well. In DAO and DA2 they were useful and you could tell exactly when an ability should be used. In DAI... not so much.

For mouse+keyboard on PC they pretty much just needed to copy DA2 and add the tactical camera from DAO. It would have been perfect.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Valve should update the mandatory Early Access FAQ template with a question that indicates, at the very least, whether or not a game will be discounted during Steam's notable sale periods. Many devs answer "Will the game be priced differently during and after Early Access?" in no uncertain terms but only a small percentage bother to mention whether or not it'll go on sale during the Early Access period.

In that same vein, Valve should bar developers/publishers from raising the base price of their titles a few weeks before and during major annual sales events. The reasoning is to curb the practices of prices being raised then a discount applied for the sale resulting in no net change in profits received by the developer/publisher.

Do you like your sister? Maybe slightly more than is socially acceptable in modern society?* Well here is the game for you!

*Not applicable in Germany.

Ban Puncher

I'm going to go with the theory that I was visited by the Ghost of Christmas Steroids and was put into an ankle lock by the spectre of Kurt Angle.

wilflare

Yeah. It uses the Shield tech.

It's usually close to the start of the sale. I think it started a few days late last holiday sale.

:( means not all games work with it unlike Steam's own solution right?

I'm waiting for Valve and Sony to work together... they need to. Come on, get every single PS1/PS2 classic on PSN. add badges, game count, etc.

you will get JaseC on PSN too. profit!

JaseC

Did they just take the maps of Snowcat Simulator and did a different aspect of the mountain lodge business?

I doubt it. Different publishers.

I'm waiting for Valve and Sony to work together... they need to. Come on, get every single PS1/PS2 classic on PSN. add badges, game count, etc.

Haha, I actually have a PSN account (a few, in fact: AU, US and JP), but the last game I bought was Joe Danger in 2010.

Arthea

I could play it, nothing better than after a day at work do some more work?

you people are weird
I understand space sims, because what's not to understand? It's space, you are in space, doing things, you'll never do
OTOH will I ever manage Snowcats? I think I just explained myself all of it. (><)

Nabs

It uses Big Picture Mode just like regular ol' Steam Streaming. If you can stream a game with in-home streaming, you should be able to with this.

you stab my heart.

(on a separate note, I'm really loving Marvel Agents of SHIELD)

I love it too, first season was a little meh, but towards the end it really improved a lot, and the second season has been great all along.

you people are weird
I understand space sims, because what's not to understand? It's space, you are in space, doing things, you'll never do
OTOH will I ever manage Snowcats? I think I just explained myself all of it. (><)

Don't say that, the germans would die without their simulators dose.

JaseC

Spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Deadlings: Rotten Edition -- MB-14A0A792FEA66262 - Taken by wetflame
Super Trench Attack -- MB-C43BC86D867A3CFD - Taken by sensoft04
Nom Nom Galaxy -- MB-BA69978756F71E79 - Taken by $h@d0w
Muffin Knight -- MB-FAD72316DC92BF71 - Taken by PunishedSnake
Crimsonland -- MB-DB7456079C53FD6D - Taken by Servizio

wilflare

It uses Big Picture Mode just like regular ol' Steam Streaming. If you can stream a game with in-home streaming, you should be able to with this.

Wait this is new... so with Limelight, I can stream any game to my Android as long as I have an nVidia GPU and run it via Big Picture Mode?

I thought nVidia's GameStream only works with a specific list of games whereas Steam IHS works with pretty much any game.

I love it too, first season was a little meh, but towards the end it really improved a lot, and the second season has been great all along.

I really love how the series is fleshing out the Marvel Cinematic Universe.. can't wait for Episode 10

Nabs

Wait this is new... so with Limelight, I can stream any game to my Android as long as I have an nVidia GPU and run it via Big Picture Mode?

I thought nVidia's GameStream only works with a specific list of games whereas Steam IHS works with pretty much any game.

I really love how the series is fleshing out the Marvel Cinematic Universe.. can't wait for Episode 10

You might have to add your Steam install folder to your GeForce Experience "Games" list (under preferences), but once it's an option you can just select it like any other game.

http://limelight-stream.com/

It took them long enough. The first season felt a bit too cautious, as if they had no idea which comic book properties they could use for fear they'd be in the movies. (Compare to the DC shows which will showcase several classic villains straight out of the gate.) But this season, things are picking up and it actually feels more Marvel. I'm glad I stuck it out.

Maniac

Banned
It's a nice vid. The fandom is pretty disappointed with the overall update though. It's community-made, but they feel it got shafted by Valve.

And with this they pissed off all 3 of their service game communities in quick succession.
And let's not talk abut the HL2 anniversary.
And interestingly all 3 were involved in shitty monetization schemes.

Valve better step up their game next year. And no, I don't mean that they should skin their whales more....
Wat, when did they piss off people on CSGO and Doto?

õ.õ
It took them long enough. The first season felt a bit too cautious, as if they had no idea which comic book properties they could use for fear they'd be in the movies. (Compare to the DC shows which will showcase several classic villains straight out of the gate.) But this season, things are picking up and it actually feels more Marvel. I'm glad I stuck it out.

Damn shame DC's shows always manage to make even the biggest villains really underwhelming and bloody dull :|

Is SHIELD any different? If so I might just have to give it a shot, but after Arrow, The Flash and Gotham I'm... Wary of superhero shows

Top Bottom