• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

Yeah, this autumn sale was kinda lackluster. When the remaster of a Ducktales game and a Vita up-port of an Asscreed game are the only real bargains you managed to get, man, it's a bit of a sigh.

I guess i'll dry my steam tears by playing WolfTNO as soon as i finished Saints Row IV.

AHA-Lambda

Somebody remind me again why this was supposed to be an awful sale and factually worse than previous ones.

idk, I got a few things, not loads but a good couple I was interested in and Civ BE for my bro's xmas. Plus there were certainly some good discounts on new games like Alien and The Evil Within especially.

Although, personally annoyed that the Obscure games refuse to drop in price and that Dreamfall wasn't discounted any further when it was £4 on gog the week before >_<

Anteater

Yeah, this autumn sale was kinda lackluster. When the remaster of a Ducktales game and a Vita up-port of an Asscreed game are the only real bargains you managed to get, man, it's a bit of a sigh.

I guess i'll dry my steam tears by playing WolfTNO as soon as i finished Saints Row IV.

just play wolf TNO and forget SR4 and have a good time

GaussTek

Yeah this is the only DLC that's actual content http://store.steampowered.com/app/208812/

fWFc82js0fmoRAP-qOIPu5THSWqfSmTELLqcUywUlj3Hz8JQD_k62zmnzAEbeQUdVBitsTVCj831QvuYDe0T1IhgtckFiXk5wVcsZ7PtaGU2cVDGVPcPWvdtp1u5CHA2uZRiDY-1r75TeQTt5oSSLfByZ_Fg78Eq

Yes, except for that one extra tomb (and the Japanese DLC I kinda want but it's just too hard to get =p)

Thanks guys! Will probably get only the extra tomb for now, as it's so damn cheap ($0.59) lol :D

Pachimari

I think this sale have been very good. Got 2 Call of Duty titles for 75% off alone. And then a few others like Prison Architect, South Park and soon Garden Warfare. Even Alien Isolation and Wolfenstein: The New Order had some very fine sales.

Asgaro

Yeah, they're not going to shut down the major cities.
They can't =p

Episodes 12-14 of Valkyria were... interesting.
It's kinda annoying that you have to either use a guide or fail a mission first before you get the twist and can plan for it, though.

(Haha, nice hidden message there only viewable by quoting.)

Yes, some zones are automatically excluded of ever shutting down.
And all the zones also have been assigned priorities so for example industrial zones are less likely to get shut down.

However, the major cities are actually not getting excluded.
This article is concerning the city of Ghent where there is a port. The port has not been excluded...

gethype.PNG

http://deredactie.be/cm/vrtnieuws.english/News/1.2110284

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Far as I can tell, Amazon will email you a code which you then have to use on the uplay store to bring the price of the game down to zero and 'purchase' it from there. That's what was written on the Samsung page for the offer anyway.

As for Amazon, this is the link for the Far Cry 4 promo and it still lists the 250 as a qualifying product.

I demand that you label this drive after me if you purchase it.

The fact that the products pages for the SSDs themselves recently had all mentions of the promo removed makes me wary.

Shadowrun Returns is a steal at $1.49. If you have any interest in CRPGs, turn based strategy, roleplaying, or cyberpunk, pick it up.

Actually you know what, I don't care if you like any of those things, pick it up anyway. Cave into peer pressure here.

I bought the upgrade to the Deluxe version, although I don't know what the Anthology really is :)

Turfster

Humble Paradox Giving Tuesday bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • War of the Roses Kingmaker (+ free copy)
  • March of the Eagles
  • Darkest Hour: A Hearts of Iron Game
  • Sword of the Stars II Enhanced
TIER 2: BTA
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Warlock Master of the Arcane
TIER 3: 15$
  • Crusader Kings II + Russian & Norse DLC

Bigby

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Bigby, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed -- MB-7B7ACCB2BA9C76CC - Taken by ExoSoul
Total War: ROME II - Caesar in Gaul -- MB-9A7AA5F409712ABC

Nzyme32

The original game (demo? proof of concept?) was great - definitely looking forward to seeing how this turns out.

I decided against my cheap AC Unity order, that horrible realisation that even if the game is cheap it's still going to be rubbish. Maybe it's cos it wasn't on Steam that I had this moment of clarity :p

That sounds awesome :)

I think this was the original showing - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYAUlPMqnKk

Then I think it was later used as a demo for the Oculus Rift before going on to kickstarter - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vi_JBJ5yoE

The estimated release is June 2015

The fact that the products pages for the SSDs themselves recently had all mentions of the promo removed makes me wary.

Not all of them. The 250 page had the promo mentioned but the 500 page had the cyber monday promo shown there (both were being sold by Amazon themselves).

You could always just ask Amazon support on chat and I'm sure they'll confirm that the offer is still valid.

The label naming clause is non negotiable btw

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
you know, nobody says it becayse its not a daily, but Dust is 80% off o_O

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Not all of them. The 250 page had the promo mentioned but the 500 page had the cyber monday promo shown there (both were being sold by Amazon themselves).

You could always just ask Amazon support on chat and I'm sure they'll confirm that the offer is still valid.

The label naming clause is non negotiable btw

That can be a job for Future Jase. I hope he doesn't forget, as so often happens.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Is the online multiplayer for Blacklist completely dead?

I loved Spies vs. Mercs in Pandora Tomorrow. One of the best multiplayer modes ever.

fantomena

Finished AC Unity today. What a pile of shit. Horrible controls, characters I don't give a shit about, mediocre to "I don't care" story, same old same old.

No problem ^_^

I won't focus much on the looks and performance because it was a beta and I want to give Ubi the benefit of doubt.
As for gameplay the driving was a bit wonky at first but you'll grow into it though some cars are easier to handle to begin with. The fact that the cars have stats is a bit confusing, I played for a very long time and was never able to figure out when a stat increase was noticeable but some cars seem to have a specific build in mind.
That being said you should be able to do with just about any car, if you need more performance out of your car there's events scattered around the world (almost too many) that will give you better parts for the car depending on how you perform.

The story, from the little slice we got to see, is serviceable at best. Just a reason for you to go to certain places, do certain activities and a meaning to justify why you can't access all types of cars to begin with. It doesn't help that when you go too long without doing a mission you have someone calling you constantly saying "Hey, why aren't you here? You really should be here, hurry up!"

Driving around: maybe the most important fact. The game as a disappointing way to present scenery though that could be understandable due to it's scale, I remember eagerly making my way to the Niagara Falls only to realise I couldn't actually see them but was instead greeted with a baked penning scene.
That's not to say it's bad, it's good but in the places you wouldn't expect, instead of shinning when you go to a landmark the game actually shines when you explore the areas. It gives you the roads you've dreampt of driving in almost all the setting you could imagine. I remember driving down the Strip and even though it wasn't right on scale it was still a sight to be hold, or seeing a monastery looking house in the middle of the desert (actually went on google maps to see if I could find it). In short it's best when it depicts the mundane.
There's a problem though that did get on my nerves some times: inexplicably crash resistant objects.

Microtransactions... It wasn't the story that made me feel like passing the game, it's not a great racing game but it's a very good game to cruise around and just enjoy driving and I can appreciate that. What I can't appreciate is the way the economy in the game smothers you by making content out of your financial reach and then flaunters how easy it is to acquire the things you want "if only" your willing to pay a bit more, a bit more for a new car, a bit more for customisation, a bit more for a new vehicle mod.
Sure, you can buy all those things with in game currency but it'll take dedication and grinding because the amount of money you'll receive throughout the game will not be enough. This is what soured my experience.

Sorry if It was longer than you'd expect ^_^;

Nice, will definitely give the game a try once it hits a nice discounted price :)
Hopefully they improve the xp system and fix the microtransactions crap.

denx

I having trouble figuring out what the Deluxe edition of Blacklist includes?

Does it include both DLCs?

Yes.

To clarify, when you buy the Deluxe Edition, the DLC's won't show up individually on your DLC tab, but yes they're included as part of the DE.

Pachimari

Finished AC Unity today. What a pile of shit. Horrible controls, characters I don't give a shit about, mediocre to "I don't care" story, same old same old.

I'm really interested in the atmosphere, city and most of all the relation between Arno and the girl.

Top Bottom