• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

just play wolf TNO and forget SR4 and have a good time

I'm actually enjoying SR4, even though the game seems to be making some deep callbacks to what i assume is mostly SR1 & SR2 moments, which is kinda weird given that most people seemed to have jumped into the series with SR3 (like i did).

The main missions are alright but i'm pretty much done doing side stuff. They throw enough of that side stuff at you during the campaign already and none of it is really that good. I just like gliding, boosting, wall running, and just being a crazy super freaking in the open world.

Dr Dogg

I having trouble figuring out what the Deluxe edition of Blacklist includes?

Does it include both DLCs?

Pretty much.

Single and multiplayer coop maps: Dead Coast and Billionaire’s Yacht
Unlockable gear: 5 pieces of gear, 5 suits, 5 weapons
Early access to DLC#1: The High Power Pack
The Panther Pack that contains: The VSS Sniper Rifle, The MBS Boots

I've got both the Uplay DD Edition and the one on Steam and as far as I can tell there was no difference between extra content. It is just one CD Key though you input in Uplay but the tile in the client states it's the DDE version.

fantomena

I'm really interested in the atmosphere, city

I really liked the design of the city and the game was indeed very pretty.

most of all the relation between Arno and the girl.

I guess the reason I could not care much about the characters was due to the lack of story and background between Arno and Elise (the girl). I wanted to know more about them, but it felt like ubisoft really rushed through their stories.

zkylon

zkylewd
i still can't understand how arma sells so well

like dayz is it's own game now, why is people still buying this game

Child Of Light is a pretty awesome game so totally worth it
yeah i know, it's just that winter sale is just a few weeks from now and i have enough in my hands to not be too stressed about buying new shit

ib0ejDfvVcB4Qq.gif

But I think you can use this code on Gamersgate for a further discount.

GAMERSGATE-TURKEY

Annubis

Humble Paradox Giving Tuesday bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • War of the Roses Kingmaker (+ free copy)
  • March of the Eagles
  • Darkest Hour: A Hearts of Iron Game
  • Sword of the Stars II Enhanced
TIER 2: BTA
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Warlock Master of the Arcane
TIER 3: 15$
  • Crusader Kings II + Russian & Norse DLC

But I already have Warlock Master of the Arc... oh wait nope.

ExoSoul

Banned
you know, nobody says it becayse its not a daily, but Dust is 80% off o_O

Yeah, saw it yesterday, figured if no one had mentioned it so far either everyone knows it or everyone has it now.

Nice, will definitely give the game a try once it hits a nice discounted price :)
Hopefully they improve the xp system and fix the microtransactions crap.

Maybe we'll drive by each other some day =)
after it reaches -70% minimum xD

That can be a job for Future Jase. I hope he doesn't forget, as so often happens.

Don't be a wuss and just buy it today. Then we can have a race to see whose drive reaches first.

Also this sale has been pretty good, even by the standards of those who got most of everything they wanted a long time ago. Lots of decent discounts on new and good stuff. Games didn't go 90% off a month after release in past sales you know...

derExperte

I'm really liking AssCreed Liberation so far, though the story feels rushed and I'm already at over 40% after only 3 hours. Nice Ass-snack for inbetween. And since it's Ubisoft the games runs worse than it should considering the visuals (which aren't as bad as I feared).

Chariot

Wow, that Bundle BTA is falling into the abyss.
Well, I am looking forward to pick up a cheap Cities in Motion 2 in a few hours.

Pachimari

I guess the reason I could not care much about the characters was due to the lack of story and background between Arno and Elise (the girl). I wanted to know more about them, but it felt like ubisoft really rushed through their stories.
This seems disappointing yeah. Especially as that relationship seemed to be one of the stronger reasons to be motivated and keep going.

kudoboi

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (kudoboi, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

War of the Roses: Kingmaker -- MB-A02D58860879C243 - Taken by Milamber

redlacs

Kingmaker for 1 buck? sweet deal!

try out the free base version if youre not sure its your genre. i spent over 400 hours in it (compared to only 130 in chivalry). so many memories, so many epic battles! the more i played, the better i got and the more i wanted to play.. but there was a downside with occassional (but at least obvious) cheaters, who could ruin game for 29 others. it was promised to be taken care of in the future thought. not sure whats the situation now.

I wonder if Florida Man is really from the peninsular mess I call home.

And a great big "Boooooo" to Ubi for further-discounting Child of Light, but not the Arcade pack, and not Valiant Hearts
or Flashback
singularly.

Nay, it's carried by a plot that isn't even that good.

Boothisman.gif.

I think I paid about $15 for it, if I figure what I paid for the AMD code and divide it by 2 (since I gave the 3rd game away). And I was more than happy with my experience for that price.

If you want to talk about a game that isn't worth $6, I'd direct you to focus that hatred on Strider, which is on sale at GMG today.

inm8num2

The nice thing about these sales a couple weeks before the major one is that you can start to get a sense of what you might want and how much they will cost. :)

Backlogger

Humble Paradox Giving Tuesday bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • War of the Roses Kingmaker (+ free copy)
  • March of the Eagles
  • Darkest Hour: A Hearts of Iron Game
  • Sword of the Stars II Enhanced
TIER 2: BTA
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Warlock Master of the Arcane
TIER 3: 15$
  • Crusader Kings II + Russian & Norse DLC

Hmm, have a feeling that tier 2 price is going to go down a bit more. Don't see a lot of people driving the price up with tier 3

Edit: Bought, mostly for Cities in Motion 2

Newblade

Meh.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Grimind -- MB-35C367866CC7A5B7 - Taken by Divius
C-Rush -- MB-679DB6C67E745D6B - Taken by Tesseract
Steel & Steam -- MB-EFE04548948FF8F0 - Taken by Maniac

Dr Dogg

Isn't Grey Goo the shit that when nanomachines become sentient they will take over in vast numbers and it will become the end of human life as we know it? And that's hitting Steam new year? Oh joy!

Also seeing as this week is Kingdom Hearts week I'm kind of glad I only picked up 2 games for Steam (as in on Steam but bought cheaper elsewhere). MGSV: GZ will tear me back though.

I'm really liking AssCreed Liberation so far, though the story feels rushed and I'm already at over 40% after only 3 hours. Nice Ass-snack for inbetween. And since it's Ubisoft the games runs worse than it should considering the visuals (which aren't as bad as I feared).

I liked AssCreed LIberation. Some of it was annoying, but when you play it on a Vita and it's portable AssCreed, I was impressed. Not to mention that even though the game was rife with bugs (the type that I do remember and thankfully were partially patched by the time I played), I still had a really good time with it and it was my favorite since the original (note: I've only played 1, 2, and Liberation).

SteamGAF Yay or Nay for Murdered Soul Suspect (6$)?

Hmmm, that reminds me. Go ask the sale thread. :p

What the hell just happened. I played Fallout New Vegas normally yesterday, and today it is unistalled all the sudden?

I have to download the whole damn thing again....

Tellaerin

Well. Aliens vs. Predator is 80% off ($2.99). I guess it pays to actually look at my wishlist every once in awhile.

Isn't Grey Goo the shit that when nanomachines become sentient they will take over in vast numbers and it will become the end of human life as we know it? And that's hitting Steam new year? Oh joy!

The grey goo scenario is when self-replicating nanomachines reproduce ot of control, consuming all matter on the planet to make more of themselves until they're all that's left (the "grey goo"). Though it'd be kind of awesome if they became sentient. >.>

Is that game playable solo? I bought it to play with my gf but she lost interest in it before we started...
Yes you can play it solo I believe, but I haven't tried, I've only played it in coop, maybe someone who has played it solo can give a better opinion.

ExoSoul

Banned
Yes you can play it solo I believe, but I haven't tried, I've only played it in coop, maybe someone who has played it solo can give a better opinion.
My fear is I'll come to an area I can't pass solo, have you ever reached a point were you couldn't reach platforms or something like that on your own?

well is playable but is not as fun as playing it in coop
Time to start adding people on steam
I only have 9 friends
and my PC is dead atm but that's beside the point

Is that game playable solo? I bought it to play with my gf but she lost interest in it before we started...

It is just OK solo, the AI isn't very good and a lot of the time won't go for objectives of particular stages and just aim to kill or annoy you. Solo is good for farming for gems and balls of yarn though, if you want new weapons or heads.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Well. Aliens vs. Predator is 80% off ($2.99). I guess it pays to actually look at my wishlist every once in awhile.

Publishing rights reverted back to Rebellion a few months ago or so and it's been working on some sort of patch since.

Edit: Oh, I thought you meant the original... which I now realise is dumb because 80% off = $2.99 doesn't add up since its base price is $5.

Pachimari

It's crazy that I can't focus on a single game at a time. I have tried time and time again, and have failed yet again.
I'm currently playing Grand Theft Auto V on the PS4 (thinking of waiting for that one as I'll undoubtedly buy it for PC but I'm worried about how it'll run), and Sleeping Dogs and Batman: Arkham Asylum on PC.

Also, I'm so gonna stay away from the Winter sales this year, and just play my games.

Divius

If I buy Call of Juarez Gunslinger + Far Cry 3 - Blood Dragon combo, and I already have FC3BD, do I get a spare code/gift copy for it?

Top Bottom