• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of The_Super_Inframan, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 20 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (The_Super_Inframan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Grimind -- MB-6EE40F1DAD93FEAC - Taken by dave is ok. 2 entrants total.
Dreamcast Collection -- MB-320A057E8BF53404 - Taken by Darth Kupi. 13 entrants total.
C Rush -- MB-742D35D839D1D8B2 - Taken by Benedict. 1 entrants total.
Enemy Mind -- MB-2B9A3CCA87623967 - Taken by Naked Snake. 5 entrants total.
Spy Fox in Dry Cereal -- MB-29F194D9E96C49D8 - Taken by Madridista. 1 entrants total.
Waves -- MB-1C6DAEFC26F0E956 - Taken by alr1ght. 7 entrants total.
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed -- MB-9300F2F1CA8A64F9 - Taken by ichtyander. 5 entrants total.
Vanguard Princess -- MB-E13AC7951457B076 - Taken by xenoflux2113. 2 entrants total.
OMG Zombies! -- MB-F77C074534C9887F - Taken by Casimir. 4 entrants total.
Pajama Sam No Need To Hide When It's Dark Outside -- MB-540D61BE4C034883 - Taken by Phawx. 3 entrants total.
The Moon Sliver -- MB-E064138E1AF9E468 - Taken by Kifimbo. 7 entrants total.
QbQbQb -- MB-23E1D6D86F04EC30 - Taken by S1n1st3r. 3 entrants total.
Time Ramesside -- MB-FCA32FE1664BA0E7 - Taken by trailmix16. 1 entrants total.
Steel & Steam -- MB-E25264BCC843ACED - Taken by Starwolf_UK. 3 entrants total.
Rhythm Destruction -- MB-42043F9823063350 - Taken by Haunted. 3 entrants total.
Wickland -- MB-316DD11B3251A5F2 - Taken by agniswarm. 3 entrants total.
NiGHTS Into Dreams -- MB-C559461735CA8E36 - Taken by fallout. 7 entrants total.
Freddi Fish and The Case of the Missing Sea Kelp -- MB-94DF4AC468ADCEA4 - Taken by anastef. 1 entrants total.
Aces Wild Manic Brawling Action! -- MB-BDA8E6B9BF24F0D9 - Taken by almostheathen. 5 entrants total.
Dreaming Sarah -- MB-6E777445D5C33D97 - Taken by fernandes. 1 entrants total.

t1417467303z1.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
If I buy Call of Juarez Gunslinger + Far Cry 3 - Blood Dragon combo, and I already have FC3BD, do I get a spare code/gift copy for it?

No. Basically, the specific examples mentioned within the support article aside, you don't receive spares unless the store page explicitly mentions otherwise.

Well. Aliens vs. Predator is 80% off ($2.99). I guess it pays to actually look at my wishlist every once in awhile.
3$ ?
wRwBwKn.png

-
Humble Paradox, huh.
Very interested in Crusader Kings II. But not 16$ interested. That game's and EU4's price did not drop very low (as in game+all dlc). Even though CKII is two years old.
For those interested in CKII. It's much cheaper on Steam right now.
JgIvM8Y.png

I'll still have to wait though. Ah well.

I thought War of the Roses is F2P?

derExperte

I liked AssCreed LIberation. Some of it was annoying, but when you play it on a Vita and it's portable AssCreed, I was impressed. Not to mention that even though the game was rife with bugs (the type that I do remember and thankfully were partially patched by the time I played), I still had a really good time with it and it was my favorite since the original (note: I've only played 1, 2, and Liberation).

I was with you until the end (thankfully no bugs yet on PC) but 2 remains best Ass to this day (haven't played much of Black Flag).

denx

Well. Aliens vs. Predator is 80% off ($2.99). I guess it pays to actually look at my wishlist every once in awhile.

Thanks for the heads up, AvP3 is the only game I'm missing from my PC AvP collection.

edit: aaaaand Steam isn't letting me buy shit. Maybe it's a sign I should be done with this sale, I already spent more than I anticipated.

zkylon

zkylewd
LoL didn't have a merch store until now? Where did everyone get those timo hats?
they had a shitty merch store with like 3 shirts and the teemo hats but that was about it

new one is gonna have lots of plushies and figures and new shirts and if i'm lucky this ahri nendo

shipping to argieland is gonna be super expensive tho, so imma prolly wait until they set up the latin american store or something

Can't stop looking, hypnotic, kawaii ! :3
i'm just perpetually making that gesture about anything in life these days

Shadowrun Returns: Yay or nay?
just get dragonfall

Pachimari

And I'm gonna do my last purchase. Garden Warfare, Alien Isolation or Shadow of Mordor. I'm leaning toward Garden Warfare, as that's the only game along Titanfall (which I got) that I always wanted on Origin.

I might get tired of Shadow of Mordor, if it's just all about slashing stuff all the time, but I'm curious about the enemy system.

With Alien Isolation I'm afraid the environments will get very repetitive.

Chariot

they had a shitty merch store with like 3 shirts and the teemo hats but that was about it

new one is gonna have lots of plushies and figures and new shirts and if i'm lucky this ahri nendo

shipping to argieland is gonna be super expensive tho, so imma prolly wait until they set up the latin american store or something
Awww so cute!

Copons

Speaking of Shadowrun Yay or Nay Edition.

I own the Shadowrun Returns standard version and there's the upgrade to the deluxe for 0.69€.
Now, the Deluxe includes: "Shadowrun Returns + Anthology + Soundtrack".
I don't care for the soundtrack, but I was wondering what that Anthology could be.

It's crazy that I can't focus on a single game at a time. I have tried time and time again, and have failed yet again.
I'm currently playing Grand Theft Auto V on the PS4 (thinking of waiting for that one as I'll undoubtedly buy it for PC but I'm worried about how it'll run), and Sleeping Dogs and Batman: Arkham Asylum on PC.

Also, I'm so gonna stay away from the Winter sales this year, and just play my games.

At times, I have the same problem. Looking at what you have on deck, though, I can see your issue. You have a set of open-style games that are full of sidequests and collectibles that, even if you don't go for, contain time sinks. Break it up with some pick-up games.

CS:GO is a good game to break things up, for me. Binding of Isaac is another one. You can even fit in a quick banger like Transistor or The Swapper, that you can jump in, play out, and move on from.

As is, I think you're stacking the deck against yourself with too many similar titles. We're in a pretty good spot with regards to stockpiling games and dropping them at will. So, unless it's cutting into other expenses that are more wisely budgeted for, don't skip Winter Sale and just stock up and play on.

I own the Shadowrun Returns standard version and there's the upgrade to the deluxe for 0.69€.
I don't care for the soundtrack, but I was wondering what that Anthology could be.

Just from google, it appears to be a digital book of short stories tied into the game world.

Maniac

Banned
Somebody remind me again why this was supposed to be an awful sale and factually worse than previous ones.

Because Volvo wont forgo their profit so we can get cheaper games. And because they're not strong arming devs and pubs into better deals, and negotiating, and also Tony. (That about summarises what the general complaints have been)

No Valvo that's not how maths work!

EXoPnAh.png

I bought 8 games from Steam during this sale. I don't think it was lackluster at all.

I too bought lots of stuff. A lot on Steam, a lot on Nuuvem... All over the place, really!

It was still bad, for shame Volve!
I loved this mini-sale.

I think this was the original showing - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYAUlPMqnKk

Then I think it was later used as a demo for the Oculus Rift before going on to kickstarter - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vi_JBJ5yoE

The estimated release is June 2015

Yup. And I believe it was initially made during the first or second 7DFPS jam

Awww so cute!
I'm personally a dota kind of guy, so gosh darn it if this isn't cute!
Tiny
Tony
<3

DemiHero-Tiny_Main.png

Though the Ahri one is pretty cute too. But she aint no Tiny!

Volva done good designing Tony!

zkylon

zkylewd
Awww so cute!
i know right

they were limited editions so they're selling for like 500 usd on ebay right now -__-

Those eyes are strange.
well it's a nendoroid so she has like 17 different heads and eyes and stuff

says in amazon it's a book made of a bunch of short stories and pretty cyberpunk drawings

sounds like it could be worth the buck if you like the shadowrun universe

Turfster

Stories. For reading.

Nzyme32

Gonna post a give away on the next page. Gonna apologise for not having any excitingly awesome stuff in there for now, mainly because I am some how still unemployed

Dr Dogg

One day I'm going to actually play more than 10 mins of DotA2 and get sucked in again. I'm trying hard to stave that off but it's going to happen at some point :(

The grey goo scenario is when self-replicating nanomachines reproduce ot of control, consuming all matter on the planet to make more of themselves until they're all that's left (the "grey goo"). Though it'd be kind of awesome if they became sentient. >.>

Hahahaha whoops. Seems like I've got The Matrix/Terminator confused with hypotheticals. I don't think either scenario sounds like my cup of tea to be honest.

zkylon

zkylewd
I'm personally a dota kind of guy, so gosh darn it if this isn't cute!
Tiny
Tony
<3

DemiHero-Tiny_Main.png

Though the Ahri one is pretty cute too. But she aint no Tiny!

Volva done good designing Tony!
yea that little guy is pretty alright

disposable income is fun

Kiru

I like the ones for Black Rock Shooter, but I would feel like a weirdo for buying one...

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Doctor Who The Adventure Games -- MB-66EA71DFB97FA3D6 - Taken by iosefe
Real Horror Stories Ultimate Edition -- MB-4EC7D2F0EFFFA34D - Taken by Florida Man

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Castle: Always Judge a Book By Its Cover -- MB-75CF711DCDF20D2B - Taken by NingenJanai
Spoiler Alert -- MB-3C69136B2A977648 - Taken by redlacs
Chuck's Challenge 3D -- MB-8405662657D88F89 - Taken by Diedac
Tiestru -- MB-7B9395A37953EE0B - Taken by Chreznor
Panzer Tactics HD -- MB-AC401A7EAAFF2254 - Taken by derExperte
QbQbQb -- MB-29E0F955408C4849 - Taken by autoduelist
Waves -- MB-3E258AFE3D747C3E - Taken by darkchewie
Wickland -- MB-021C95C4EF91351D - Taken by freshVeggie
House of 1000 Doors: Palm of Zoroaster -- MB-3133E72CC8C50638 - Taken by nightstorm
Lost Chronicles of Zerzura -- MB-6728EF7AC3790DFC - Taken by nja

MQX

Humble Paradox Giving Tuesday bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • War of the Roses Kingmaker (+ free copy)
  • March of the Eagles
  • Darkest Hour: A Hearts of Iron Game
  • Sword of the Stars II Enhanced
TIER 2: BTA
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Warlock Master of the Arcane
TIER 3: 15$
  • Crusader Kings II + Russian & Norse DLC
I already have Cities in Motion 2 :/. Not a great flash bundle for me :(.

Forgot that today is actually the "last day" of the Autumn sale. Only spent ~€17 on this sale. Hopefully Pyrite Heart is a gud gam(good game) :/. Also Squishy the Suicidal Pig for €0,74 seems like a good price :p.

Nzyme32

Spares up for grabs, more grandiose giveaways to come soon hopefully

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 22 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Nzyme32, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

PixelJunk Eden -- MB-12A50D1A2E8FC2E9 - Taken by Natty1. 1 entrants total.
Thomas Was Alone -- MB-5343DEBD5968A9E4 - Taken by the_firewithin. 1 entrants total.
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box -- MB-F09BDED9CC01904A - Taken by Sokka. 2 entrants total.
Hitman 2: Silent Assassin -- MB-28D9C13BF1B31EAF - Taken by rickyson1. 1 entrants total.
BioShock 2 -- MB-286E101EA937DD2A - Taken by Nordicus. 14 entrants total.
Shank -- MB-D7C04C0CF5C2BA6E - Taken by gaiadyne. 1 entrants total.
Galactic Civilizations II: Ultimate Edition -- MB-DC397F30D70827A3 - Taken by Florida Man. 1 entrants total.
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed -- MB-4E2961F76215A3C7 - Taken by Spring-Loaded. 6 entrants total.
The Bureau: XCOM Declassified -- MB-783CBC672754E329 - Taken by BinaryPork2737. 6 entrants total.
Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines -- MB-3B3806D4EF968AB0 - Taken by ScreamingTrees. 2 entrants total.
Commandos: Beyond the Call of Duty -- MB-7237941A81086D70 - Taken by nja. 1 entrants total.
Commandos 3: Destination Berlin -- MB-DB6FDB426FFB890E - Taken by autoduelist. 1 entrants total.
Thief Gold -- MB-08FDB18EE4894C34 - Taken by Naked Snake. 1 entrants total.
BioShock -- MB-BC0F93F1817742E6 - Taken by Vlad. 2 entrants total.
Commandos 2: Men of Courage -- MB-9D8577AFDE791BBC - Taken by Abomination. 3 entrants total.
War of the Roses: Kingmaker -- MB-3E43B5E4FE699A2B - Taken by freshVeggie. 1 entrants total.
VVVVVV -- MB-ED1A8634027A576C - Taken by The Reloader. 2 entrants total.
Dead Space -- MB-18DA69D5067DCBA6
Hitman: Codename 47 -- MB-DAD453F41D6C5AF7 - Taken by roadrunn3r. 1 entrants total.
Mirror's Edge -- MB-FA92ADE0DC603A4C - Taken by ExoSoul. 1 entrants total.
Warlock: Master of the Arcane -- MB-F56A41B99EB6F181 - Taken by Lomax. 1 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Mafia II -- MB-264AC471F943878F - Taken by texhnolyze. 10 entrants total.

t1417550824z1.png

I was with you until the end (thankfully no bugs yet on PC) but 2 remains best Ass to this day (haven't played much of Black Flag).

Nah.
GTA Renaissance isn't even really a game about being an Assassin... and that's why it's on the bottom of my list. :p

Seems to be a pattern though... Vita version of a game beats out the highly acclaimed favorite of the masses... Killzone, Assassins Creed 3: LIberation, Uncharted: Golden Abyss...

my goodness. a ton of stuff happened today.

Like what?

Ozium

almost picked up child of light...

but fuck uplay

shadowrun returns for 2 dollar vs dragonfall for 6: go

zkylon

zkylewd
I like the ones for Black Rock Shooter, but I would feel like a weirdo for buying one...
yea don't buy that, black rock shooter is lame

almost picked up child of light...

but fuck uplay

shadowrun returns for 2 dollar vs dragonfall for 6: go

yay

Indiegala store is doing their 30$/24&#8364; gets you a free copy of this war of mine promo again today
is there anything worth that deal? like from the perspective of buying things for something other than the +1s?

derExperte

Seems to be a pattern though... Vita version of a game beats out the highly acclaimed favorite of the masses... Killzone, Assassins Creed 3: LIberation, Uncharted: Golden Abyss...

I completed GA recently and it was such a chore during the last third, while Killzone Merc felt too short this was definitely too long. Still better than 3 of course. :O

Turfster

is there anything worth that deal? like from the perspective of buying things for something other than the +1s?
Eeh... nothing you probably don't already have.
Tropico 5 50% off is nice and gets you most of the way there.
Darksiders Franchise and Deadly Premonition are always good, but don't really get you there.
They have that 75% off Alan Wake people are craving badly...

So yeah, you might get there if you combine a few things, but it's up to what you already own.

Top Bottom