• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

Kiru

meanwhile my friend that was supposed to only spend one month in japan and ended up living there for like 4 months is finally bringing me my ryuko nendo

fucking finally!

she has little extra arms with pockets!!!
Oh man, these figurines all look so good & cute.

Whole notha level to just getting those badly painted amiibo figures.

Shadowrun Returns is also down to $2.99 on iOS, for you folks like me that want to play it but don't wish to soil your hands with filthy mice and keyboards.

zkylon

zkylewd
Eeh... nothing you probably don't already have.
Tropico 5 50% off is nice and gets you most of the way there.
Darksiders Franchise and Deadly Premonition are always good, but don't really get you there.
They have that 75% off Alan Wake people are craving badly...

So yeah, you might get there if you combine a few things, but it's up to what you already own.

yeah, prolly not gonna happen

thanks

Oh man, these figurines all look so good & cute.

Whole notha level to just getting those badly painted amiibo figures.
yeah, they're pretty amazing

i was gonna get satsuki and mako too but it was too much money for my poor broke ass

Yeah, if only they weren't super expensive >.<
yeah they're pretty brutal

ryuko one cost as much as her normal figures go for

i just like nendos better <3

Chariot

Stuff
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Chariot, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

KickBeat Steam Edition -- MB-0DCD5ADF6D85D759 - Taken by derExperte. 2 entrants total.
Dreamcast Collection -- MB-789595716F95E8D6 - Taken by r3n4ud. 4 entrants total.
GRID -- MB-F5CB7BA0221BC47B - Taken by cardinalmind. 4 entrants total.
War of the Roses: Kingmaker #2 -- MB-11B8D1D0D48E7FB5
March of the Eagles -- MB-B93DCBA86B154525 - Taken by chronomac. 2 entrants total.
Full Mojo Rampage -- MB-CF0EACA0A8CE2420 - Taken by Vazduh. 4 entrants total.
Half Minute Hero: Super Mega Neo Climax Ultimate Boy -- MB-2DEC2F2D418C002B - Taken by gimel. 1 entrants total.
War of the Roses: Kingmaker -- MB-F85DDF47DA65ED01
NiGHTS Into Dreams -- MB-E5D01D2CEB2A9E37 - Taken by Zeeman. 2 entrants total.
Empire: Total War -- MB-71F4921C7EDE7013 - Taken by didamangi. 3 entrants total.

t1417466644z1.png

So, wait, today is the day we talk about how terrible Argentina's customs, inflation, tax pressure (21% sales tax just to give a quick example) and restrictions to everything are? I stopped buying international physical stuff earlier in the year when they created the "only 2 packages per person, per year with a 25usd franchise, paying nearly 50% in taxes, at purchase and at customs".

No more japanese games or books for me. No more music albums of stuff that has 0% chances of being released here. No more spending the money the way I want, just the way Cristina (the president) and her vampires want. Screw this country, ugh.

Anyway, way too offtopic. Did anyone play Planetary Annihilation? Looks tempting at 80%.

Anything else worth from today's deals?

Dr Dogg

So I'm a bit curious as to why no one is talking about Dying Light, in either a positive or negative way.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=942994

Looking at that it seems Techland have made a move away from the confrontational roots of Dead Islands. It looks like a combination of Mirrors Edge style traversal, with Condemned style melee, set in a Dead Rising type overworld and with Ubisoft Game stuff to check and activate. While not super stoked I can see flashes of elements that I would enjoy.

ExoSoul

Banned
So, wait, today is the day we talk about how terrible Argentina's customs, inflation, tax pressure (21% sales tax just to give a quick example) and restrictions to everything are? I stopped buying international physical stuff earlier in the year when they created the "only 2 packages per person, per year with a 25usd franchise, paying nearly 50% in taxes, at purchase and at customs".

No more japanese games or books for me. No more music albums of stuff that has 0% chances of being released here. No more spending the money the way I want, just the way Cristina (the president) and her vampires want. Screw this country, ugh.

Anyway, way too offtopic. Did anyone play Planetary Annihilation? Looks tempting at 80%.

Anything else worth from today's deals?
If you feel that way why not leave?

Also Dust at 80%

So I'm a bit curious as to why no one is talking about Dying Light, in either a positive or negative way.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=942994

Looking at that it seems Techland have made a move away from the confrontational roots of Dead Islands. It looks like a combination of Mirrors Edge style traversal, with Condemned style melee, set in a Dead Rising type overworld and with Ubisoft Game stuff to check and activate. While not super stoked I can see flashes of elements that I would enjoy.
The game still is a couple weeks away + many big games and sales are coming as well. So it's understandably overshadowed.
But since seeing this gameplay video on gamersyde, I am very excited ho it'll turn out.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm still salty that Letter Quest was an unadvertised Daily and I missed it...

jerks

It wasn't an unadvertised Daily. Its sale discount percentage was added on top of the launch week discount of 20%, resulting in -60% for a couple of days.

Pachimari

At times, I have the same problem. Looking at what you have on deck, though, I can see your issue. You have a set of open-style games that are full of sidequests and collectibles that, even if you don't go for, contain time sinks. Break it up with some pick-up games.

CS:GO is a good game to break things up, for me. Binding of Isaac is another one. You can even fit in a quick banger like Transistor or The Swapper, that you can jump in, play out, and move on from.

As is, I think you're stacking the deck against yourself with too many similar titles. We're in a pretty good spot with regards to stockpiling games and dropping them at will. So, unless it's cutting into other expenses that are more wisely budgeted for, don't skip Winter Sale and just stock up and play on.

I'm already breaking it up with Call of Duty: Black Ops II and FIFA 15 multiplayer. I play FIFA every day, but I just want to complete some games. I never do that.

Chariot

Eh close enough in this day and age.
I am sure you and me both have seen a lot of ... different things in this day and age.

--

And I meant to post this here:
"Just read that Neko Para is actually a hentai game. Stop cutting my games, I am not that kind of religious."
Seriously, I don't want anymore eroges to come, if they're just getting cut :/

Ozium

can't add anything to my cart because steam is slower than a turtle covered in molasses in a blizzard and when i finally am able to proceed to the next page the fucking steam says 'sorry can't add this item to cart'

learn2fucking run a store gabe

Tellaerin

can't add anything to my cart because steam is slower than a turtle covered in molasses in a blizzard and when i finally am able to proceed to the next page the fucking steam says 'sorry can't add this item to cart'

learn2fucking run a store gabe

At least you're not threatening to kill him over it.

inm8num2

tomb raider for $4 is almost tempting

I had a hell of a fun time with TR. While the tomb raiding isn't a focus of the game, I enjoyed exploring the maps and finding the tombs. There were some decent puzzles. I also appreciated the descriptions of all the various historical items and trinkets that you find in the game.

The main action itself is pretty fun, even if not terribly challenging.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It's hilarious that there's no OT for The Crew (TheWorthyEdge dropped it back in September and apparently nobody else cared enough to pick up the job). I considered making a PC perf. thread since the game unlocked in AU and NZ 8 or so hours ago but it'd likely see fewer posts than the one I made for Borderlands: TPS.

Jawmuncher

I am sure you and me both have seen a lot of ... different things in this day and age.

--

And I meant to post this here:
"Just read that Neko Para is actually a hentai game. Stop cutting my games, I am not that kind of religious."
Seriously, I don't want anymore eroges to come, if they're just getting cut :/
Indeed. Also what's wrong with cut eroge? Makes the story not seem as odd to some. Plus others can still get their hands on the real thing. If they were smart it would be buy through the website for both.

Chariot

and someone making a game about that hero ?
or its just a joke ?
That vietnamese guy made some character model with back story and tried to sell it to people as the new big thing. According to his pictures he also made an actual patent on this thing. It's just hilarious how hard he tries with this discount Dr. Fate.
Indeed. Also what's wrong with cut eroge? Makes the story not seem as odd to some. Plus others can still get their hands on the real thing. If they were smart it would be buy through the website for both.
It just feels wrong to have something cut from the game.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
It's hilarious that there's no OT for The Crew (TheWorthyEdge dropped it back in September). I considered making a PC perf. thread since the game unlocked in AU and NZ 8 or so hours ago but it'd likely see fewer posts than the one I made for Borderlands: TPS.
Toilet Paper Shooter needs to be a real genre. Yes, I know what TPS actually stands for.

Top Bottom