• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

Lets see if you can make a bit of money for the summersale with that.

Buying the guarded wallpaper, getting 100 gems, buying an agarest booster and then selling the cards.

Edit: The booster creator is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later. :(

KingKong

wish it would let me delete that portal 2 item I got from the summer sale ticket thing so I could get rid of the tab in my inventory

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
The Gem-worth seems very arbitrary, I got stuff that's much more expensive but would get me 30 gems or so.

Seems based on the game, which is a little disappointing considering none of my Unearthed Steam paraphernalia is worth more than 10 gems each, even the "rare" stuff.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
What are the most.... gemspensive items that can be bought for 3 cents?

All of my CS:GO stuff turned into 100 gems each - even the shitty $0.03 profile backgrounds - though they might have gone up in price already.

Omega

Banned
New Payday 2 DLC and character coming (female heister) on December 16th.

Diamond_banner_main.jpg

Pretty cool teaser trailer for it too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eaK60YLCGU&feature=youtu.be/

im glad they're still supporting the game.

i should really get back into it..

Lomax

Seems silly that it's a "every 45 minutes" thing but the first batch is going to sit there for the next four days before the auctions actually go live.

It sounds like you get more gems for items you have the badge for, can anyone confirm that is true?
Edit: Tested myself, doesn't actually seem to make a difference.

inm8num2

So the gist is you convert inventory items you don't want into gems, and you use those gems to either:

a) bid on games
b) create booster packs

Seems like the way to game the system is buy cheap items like backgrounds or emoticons, convert them to gems, convert to booster packs, then sell the packs/cards.

Of course, everyone's going to do that and card prices are going to drop.

jshackles

Just bought 100 "Guarded" backgrounds for $3. What the hell is wrong with me?

Lomax

Looks like the booster creator is already dead, I'm guess they jack the cost of using it waaaaay up before it comes back.

Just bought 100 "Guarded" backgrounds for $3. What the hell is wrong with me?

Wonder how quickly the 3 cent 100 gem items will disappear from the market. There seems like a lot of them right now, but there's so many Steam users...

mrgone

I crave the simpler times, when the sales were just about buying the stuff we wanted for gleefully low prices. The holiday mass trading events have about the same level of appeal to me as a sweaty stock exchange riot, roiling in its communal greed and desperation.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I crave the simpler times, when the sales were just about buying the stuff we wanted for gleefully low prices. The holiday mass trading events have about the same level of appeal to me as a sweaty stock exchange riot, roiling in its communal greed and desperation.

ignore them and just buy what u want at low prices like you said

Top Bottom