• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So any way to automate the process of breaking stuff down? Right now you have to click at least three times for each item.

Not at the moment but I'm currently experimenting with the AJAX functions Valve set up and I might be able to work some magic on them.

EDIT: If I can find the assetID of the item that's selected, I can turn this into a single-click.

EDIT EDIT: found it

Spyware

I made money, yay! ...a couple of cents but still :D

Had a bunch of cards in my inventory. Sold some, bought some to finish badges. That costed me some cents. Then I crafted some badges and got Winter cards that I sold for a little profit. Then I made just under 4000 gems from all those annoyingly ugly icons and backgrounds. Dunno if I'll get any game for that (not gonna bother looking until the auction starts for real) but I'm happy with having a pretty clean inventory now :D

Edit: 212 card drops remaining... oh. I was almost done some time ago! I better start idling again tomorrow...

Nabs

Haha. I bid on something and got an interesting message.

Thursday, December 11, 2014
7:31 PM - Noodles: Mavis Bacon teaches Typing is mine.
7:31 PM - Nabs: hahaha
7:31 PM - Noodles: Don't get on my turf

rtcn63

Haha. I bid on something and got an interesting message.

Thursday, December 11, 2014
7:31 PM - Noodles: Mavis Bacon teaches Typing is mine.
7:31 PM - Nabs: hahaha
7:31 PM - Noodles: Don't get on my turf

82926-stay-out-of-my-territory-gif-W-SlG5.gif

Jadax

Ok so let me get this straight:

On average my cards are giving me 15 gems per. CSGO is going for 45k gems. That means I need ~3000 cards for the game.

If I sell the cards on the market I get £0.13. That means if I sell those cards I get £390.

WTF is going on? Am I missing something or is this like the biggest scam ever?

The_Monk

Just played a bit of FF XIII with the new patch and I'm pretty happy with it. Will try to advance in the game since I stopped some time ago at the 8 hour mark.

Still reading regarding this Bid thing and nice to see the Holiday Badge up, I always like to craft at least one to have as a memory. :)

_hekk05

Banned
Are the payitforward raffles over? Let's starve together!!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (_hekk05, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Don't Starve Together Beta -- MB-027532DE92F464EC - Taken by UncleO. 3 entrants total.

t1418355584z1.png

Seems like the items you get from crafting give you a lot more gems than just trading cards. Probably going to be better to craft and then sell the items. The price on the market for these "should" go up.

Everyone else can play the gems game... I'll take cash.

M*A*S*H

Interesting to see which games aren't part of the auction. No konami games, no shovel knight, 2 very minor capcom games and nothing from ubisoft at all.

derExperte

What just happened. I gemified a few Guarded backgrounds and suddenly jumped from ~10000 gems to 97000.

Unpacked more and now I have 195000. wtf.

395000. This shit is bugged.

kevin1025

Banned
Question! I had it happen on Doom 3: BFG as well, but I can't remember the fix. When launching Wolfenstein: The New Order, the game launches fine but I can't access the window, any time I try to alt+tab or click on it it won't go. I remember there was some config thing I had to do with Doom but I can't seem to figure out the Wolfenstein equivalent.

Edit: cancel that, it was silly display recognition junk yet again.

Lomax

Sack of gems are a cheaper way to get gems, at least for europeans.

People are selling them for lower than it costs to buy 1000 at 0.03...
Undercutting is crazy on Steam.

It looks like the market may finally be breaking, the sack of gems has a bunch of buy orders at 31 cents but also a bunch of sell orders below that.

Edit: Yeah, the market page for the sack of gems just can't keep up, I managed to get one buy order in but funnily enough the net result is the prices are continuing to drop.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
What just happened. I gemified a few Guarded backgrounds and suddenly jumped from ~10000 gems to 97000.

Same thing is happening to someone in the other thread. what
Seems like market prices are already reflecting that? Sack of gems for 0,15€

Turfster

This doesn't happen to me.
These things never happen to me.

Oh, the auction link is up on the front page now, so that's why most of the stuff jumped up.

People are selling them for lower than it costs to buy 1000 at 0.03...
Undercutting is crazy on Steam.

This probably because of the lower russian prices plus...

That's nuts, lol. Didn't get so lucky gemming the 'B' CSGO backgrounds though :(

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
So that's why all my .03 auctions sold. I have nothing left. If it only worked for my 9 million TF2 crates...

Top Bottom