• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

Spare stuff

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Face Noir -- MB-7EADB84961477EDE - Taken by roadrunn3r
Cognition An Erica Reed Thriller -- MB-1EBFB4D63EC94904 - Taken by KainXVIII
Jets'n'Guns Gold -- MB-73A32B283FABEF7B - Taken by L.O.R.D

Jawmuncher

That vietnamese guy made some character model with back story and tried to sell it to people as the new big thing. According to his pictures he also made an actual patent on this thing. It's just hilarious how hard he tries with this discount Dr. Fate.It just feels wrong to have something cut from the game.

Guess it just depends. The VNs I have played aside from Katawa Shoujo the H scenes were always just kinda there to fill a requirement. In "If My Heart had Wings" it was awkward as hell, felt like a different story out of the blue.

Chariot

Guess it just depends. The VNs I have played aside from Katawa Shoujo the H scenes were always just kinda there to fill a requirement. In "If My Heart had Wings" it was awkward as hell, felt like a different story out of the blue.
They were at least kind of important for Saya no Uta. But then again, Saya no Uta is one of the last games I think we'll see on steam.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl

Most of them are kinda shoved in there otherwise people in Japan wouldn't buy them. An exception is if it gets popular enough and the console releases get some splash sales.

zkylon

zkylewd
the hell, zky? It's anything but lame, improve on your vocabulary!

i dunno it just looks lame to me

like a board of business dudes just picked the 17 most focus tested ideas and meshed them together

I had a hell of a fun time with TR. While the tomb raiding isn't a focus of the game, I enjoyed exploring the maps and finding the tombs. There were some decent puzzles. I also appreciated the descriptions of all the various historical items and trinkets that you find in the game.

The main action itself is pretty fun, even if not terribly challenging.

yea it's just that it's an uncharted-like and i don't like uncharted all that much :p

Still no word from Valve about possibly getting a refund on Yaiba.

This is my first time dealing with Steam support. I guess I should wait a few more days.

Or weeks.

I like Tomb Raider 2k13 more than Uncharted. *shrug*

This is my first time dealing with Steam support. I guess I should wait a few more days.

Or weeks.

But Uncharted is PS only ,and Tomb Raider is on every possible device.

I'm already breaking it up with Call of Duty: Black Ops II and FIFA 15 multiplayer. I play FIFA every day, but I just want to complete some games. I never do that.

Far out.

In that case, I'd say: do or do not. There is no try, and there is no backlog guilt because too many good games and too many gorgeous days exist and will continue to do so.

Personally, of the games you've mentioned, I've only fully completed Batman AA. If you're going to prioritize, I'd say prioritize this one. It's a well-known character in a well-known way, but keeps things interesting by actually letting you exhibit those aspects of him that are normally just stated.

GTA V had personality but played it out far too long without a compelling reason to keep going. Having three one-dimensional characters doesn't make your characters 3-dimensional.

Sleeping Dogs, while embraced here and in most of GAF, was severely lackluster and suffered a quicker demise. There's exactly one dimension here to speak of. That dimension is entirely boring.

demented

Few days ago I was saying how crap the sales have been for me, now got like 5 new games at least lol.

Also in on a new thread, 22 pages so fast :|

Anteater

Or weeks.

probably gonna wait weeks!

only think uncharted did right is the visuals, AIs and level designs, both games did a lot of dumb shit tho but depends on which uc game we're talking about

derExperte

Also DerExperte will punch everyone in the face who doesn't

No one is safe.

If you live in Germany.

10km max away from me.

Or weeks.

Weekend. And a sale. There was literally 0 chance of getting a reply by now.

probably gonna wait weeks!

Maybe I can convince them that I paid $30 for the game instead of $10 by then.

In the interim, I might try one more fix. There's a video floating around on youtube, but apparently it involves downloading a file and uh...maybe I'll just focus on other games for awhile.

Weekend. And a sale. There was literally 0 chance of getting a reply by now.

Like I said, first-timer here. I knew it was going to be bad, but I don't know how bad.

Kagemusha

Humble Extras (It's not Warlock 2)
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Warlock -- MB-873EF3745C411A13 - Taken by EricTheCleric. 3 entrants total.
Spy Fox in Dry Cereal -- MB-65375F004BBE7889 - Taken by lindarasta. 2 entrants total.
War of the Roses Kingmaker -- MB-00DABCBD0B3828DD

t1417477084z1.png
NOT Warlock 2. ModBot is confused

only think uncharted did right is the visuals, AIs and level designs, both games did a lot of dumb shit tho but depends on which uc game we're talking about

Uncharted 2's level design and enemy A.I. (some reliance on line-of-sight, not actually cleverness) was top-notch. It should've been built upon in the sequel/by imitators, but they all focused on copying the wrong aspects.

TR 2k13 was disappointing to fans of TR, to people interested due to pre-release coverage, to people who really liked UC2 and to people who thought it'd be a survival game after killing the deer

Just took a look at the new deals.

Why in the world is Skyrim -75% while Dawnguard is only -50% and Dargonborn even only -33%!
I only own the base game but it makes zero sense to buy DLC. That pricing is stupid.

Why in the world is Skyrim -75% while Dawnguard is only -50% and Dargonborn even only -33%!
I only own the base game but it makes zero sense to buy DLC. That pricing is stupid.

One day the Legendary Edition is going to be cheaper than Dawnguard.
It's frustrating as hell for me, since a number of mods I'm interested in require that DLC.

Dr Dogg

I'm going to say this now (and then do a runner before the crazies come after me) but the first Uncharted was the best one for me. Characters meshed better together, the level design being set in one location was more cohesive and didn't feel as filler heavy as the other 2 and the emphasis on not only melee and armed combat but traversal as well and how seamlessly the worked from one to the other just wasn't there in 2 or 3. Plus the puzzle and collectable elements felt worthwhile and the now series traditional twist at the end felt better and more unexpected in the first than the later game. Sure 2 and 3 added and improved things to the formula but they also took things and focus away for elements I liked. Tomb Raider 2013 is closer to the initial Uncharted formula than either of the sequels. Just a shame the actual Tomb Raiding was absolutely awful.

Anteater

Uncharted 2's level design and enemy A.I. (some reliance on line-of-sight, not actually cleverness) was top-notch. It should've been built upon in the sequel/by imitators, but they all focused on copying the wrong aspects.

TR 2k13 was disappointing to fans of TR, to people interested due to pre-release coverage, to people who really liked UC2 and to people who thought it'd be a survival game after killing the deer

yeah, uc 1 and 3 had a lot of dumb aimbots tho, i don't understand why they brought them back in 3 when they fixed most of it in 2, i still think 2 has a little too much of the corridor design but it's still the best game of the 3, I liked it.

tr 2013 has incredibly dumb AI and scripting, but overall it tries to do more than the uncharted games

Tellaerin

For Bethesda stuff, you're better off not buying on day 1 as a general rule of thumb. Just amuse yourself with something else while you wait for the inevitable GOTY edition to come out. Otherwise you'll inevitably end up getting gouged on the DLC later. That also gives modders enough time to fix all the issues the game shipped with (and with Bethesda, there will be issues).

Well my haul is:

Valiant Hearts: The Great War ($8.99)
A Bird Story ($3.99)
Euro Truck Simulator 2: French Paint Job Pack (Free with trading card profit)
South Park: The Stick of Truth Super Samurai Spaceman Pack ($0.40 with trading card profit)

Uncharted 2 was straight garbage. A rotting dumpster fire caused by the "this game needs multiplayer" directive, if I had to guess. And it's a great thing that Uncharted 3 and Tomb Raider 2013 didn't "build upon it".

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I'm going to say this now (and then do a runner before the crazies come after me) but the first Uncharted was the best one for me. Characters meshed better together, the level design being set in one location was more cohesive and didn't feel as filler heavy as the other 2 and the emphasis on not only melee and armed combat but traversal as well and how seamlessly the worked from one to the other just wasn't there in 2 or 3. Plus the puzzle and collectable elements felt worthwhile and the now series traditional twist at the end felt better and more unexpected in the first than the later game. Sure 2 and 3 added and improved things to the formula but they also took things and focus away for elements I liked. Tomb Raider 2013 is closer to the initial Uncharted formula than either of the sequels. Just a shame the actual Tomb Raiding was absolutely awful.

Haha yessss. I did a replay of the trilogy last year and UC1 became my fav at that point too.

Monooboe

When did Bethesda start with this irritating pricing? I remember that they used to have same pricing % on both the game and the DLC. Bought some of the Skyrim and Fallout DLC that way.o_O

Uncharted 2 was straight garbage. A rotting dumpster fire caused by the "this game needs multiplayer" directive, if I had to guess. And it's a great thing that Uncharted 3 and Tomb Raider 2013 didn't "build upon it".
:/
I was blown away by U2 though. Just loved the variety in levels, the globetrotting adventure, the characters. Super fun.

Jawmuncher

Uncharted 2 was straight garbage. A rotting dumpster

fire caused by the "this game needs multiplayer" directive, if I had to guess. And it's a great thing that Uncharted 3 and Tomb Raider 2013 didn't "build upon it".

I'm disregarding everything you said and only replying with the most important piece of information.
Chloe was inferior in UC3 compared to 2.

I was blown away by U2 though. Just loved the variety in levels, the globetrotting adventure, the characters. Super fun.
When it comes to certain games Frost has some very strong feelings.
Its good though, lets us see from more than the typical angle even if we disagree.

what's so garbage about uc2's single player doe

U2's single player is essentially a clone of Gears of War... it's entirely too focused on combat and action. The sense of exploration, the puzzle solving and mystery unraveling? Relatively non-existent.
If I had to guess, this is because a very large amount of the resources that were on the development team were allocated to making the muliplayer work. And if you're going to spend all those hours developing things so the game works in a multiplayer TDM context... you're not going to waste all that with respect to the single player content -- you're going to reuse and accentuate as much as possible to maximize the efforts of your team. I don't play Uncharted because I want a 3rd person cover based shooter just like I don't play Mass Effect because I want a 3rd person cover based shooter.

don't mind frost, he's a hater. Uncharted 2 is the best Uncharted. Multiplayer was nice and simple, they ruined the charm of the 2nds multiplayer in the 3rd.
U2's single player is essentially a bad clone of Gears of War... it's entirely too focused on combat and action. The sense of exploration, the puzzle solving and mystery unraveling? Relatively non-existent.

Bruh.jpg

derExperte

I'm disregarding everything you said and only replying with the most important piece of information.
Chloe was inferior in UC3 compared to 2.

Elena too. What was wrong with their faces? Bad facelift is bad.

U2's single player is essentially a bad clone of Gears of War... it's entirely too focused on combat and action.

This makes so little sense when you on the other hand like UC1 and GA. Not that 3 is any less combat focused than 2 but 1 had those endless battles with wave after wave of enemies, it was ridiculous. So by now I've come to the conclusion that you're just trolling.

Shadownet

Banned
Hey so I have a friend who is trying to purchase the Tabletop Simulator 4 pack from Russia. But there is some weird restriction thing going on where we will only get 3 copies instead of 4 because the trader will have to redeem 1 copy for himself.

It won't let him purchase the 4 pack as a gift.

Anteater

U2's single player is essentially a bad clone of Gears of War... it's entirely too focused on combat and action. The sense of exploration, the puzzle solving and mystery unraveling? Relatively non-existent.

but the exploration and puzzles are complete garbage too in 1 and 3 :V

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Uncharted 2 is enjoyed well enough but Tomb Raider 2013 just felt like the blandest thing ever that I pretty much sold it after playing it for about 3 hours. I was pretty angry at how unremarkable it was at everything.

Top Bottom