• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

zkylon

zkylewd
i also don't like uncharted 2's higher octane thing but i don't think it's too bad of a game

it is what it is, it's not like uncharted 1 was much of an exploration game either. like, it wasn't fucking stalker or anything, it's still a linear shooter with fake platforming, maybe with less highly scripted sequences but still

i do think every uncharted game i've played goes to total shit as soon as they start with the monster stuff

Just wait until the next Fallout developed by Obsidian follows the same pricing model as other Bethesda published games :p
sweet, more ways to give my dear tim cain aka dream dad more of my money

I don't know..

They got some good games..
you should buy rage

it's a fun game

Hey so I have a friend who is trying to purchase the Tabletop Simulator 4 pack from Russia. But there is some weird restriction thing going on where we will only get 3 copies instead of 4 because the trader will have to redeem 1 copy for himself.

It won't let him purchase the 4 pack as a gift.

It is much harder to get cheaper from Russia store after last steam trade changes.

Pachimari

Far out.

In that case, I'd say: do or do not. There is no try, and there is no backlog guilt because too many good games and too many gorgeous days exist and will continue to do so.

Personally, of the games you've mentioned, I've only fully completed Batman AA. If you're going to prioritize, I'd say prioritize this one. It's a well-known character in a well-known way, but keeps things interesting by actually letting you exhibit those aspects of him that are normally just stated.

GTA V had personality but played it out far too long without a compelling reason to keep going. Having three one-dimensional characters doesn't make your characters 3-dimensional.

Sleeping Dogs, while embraced here and in most of GAF, was severely lackluster and suffered a quicker demise. There's exactly one dimension here to speak of. That dimension is entirely boring.

I want to complete Arkham Asylum yeah. I love the atmosphere, the mechanics are very solid and I'm very interested in the rogue gallery and story.

Sleeping Dogs is honestly really my game. I love the settings and can totally get myself into that universe. I were just side-tracked by other games. Sleeping Dogs is another I really want to complete but I'll do it after Batman. GTA V is another one I really want to complete. I have never completed a GTA but this world is the most impressive I have seen in video games I think.

I'm going to say this now (and then do a runner before the crazies come after me) but the first Uncharted was the best one for me.
Totally agree with this. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune is the best one. And Golden Abyss is very competent, to me better than Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
Uncharted 2 was straight garbage. A rotting dumpster fire caused by the "this game needs multiplayer" directive, if I had to guess. And it's a great thing that Uncharted 3 and Tomb Raider 2013 didn't "build upon it".

U2's single player is essentially a clone of Gears of War... it's entirely too focused on combat and action. The sense of exploration, the puzzle solving and mystery unraveling? Relatively non-existent.
If I had to guess, this is because a very large amount of the resources that were on the development team were allocated to making the muliplayer work. And if you're going to spend all those hours developing things so the game works in a multiplayer TDM context... you're not going to waste all that with respect to the single player content -- you're going to reuse and accentuate as much as possible to maximize the efforts of your team. I don't play Uncharted because I want a 3rd person cover based shooter just like I don't play Mass Effect because I want a 3rd person cover based shooter.
zdJD5V0.gif

Does anyone want to be my Steam friend?

request sent

sprinkles

Seriously, I want a Duke Nukem remake by Flying Wild Hog. The quality jump from Hard Reset and Shadow Warrior is impressive, this game is almost perfect. Good writing, a funny protagonist, uber gun and sword play, never boring, and with a true level design-
It hopped on the top of my GOTY list late last year. I started the game over immediately after finishing because I was so in love with the combat systems which never happened with other games before. The only sad thing in retrospective is that they released no DLC.

Jawmuncher

rage is an id game -__-

i wouldn't tell people not to buy new vegas and dishonored would i

don't be a dumbo jawmunchie

Hey now you were the one who just said bethesda they did publish it after all.
Though I knew what you were getting at, It was just too perfect to ignore.

MadGear

Just noticed how ridiculous CS:GOs lack compensation is, at least in DM. One of my devices was probably updating itself, so my ping kept jumping between 30 and 200 but I was still able to do surprisingly well. The kills registered late, but my shots still connected.

Anteater

Don't get him started. Just don't.

Thankfully UC4 will be made by the legit team and not the impostors so UC3 should soon become a faint memory, rightfully forgotten by most.

haha, i don't mind reading about different perspectives for uncharted games, i really like them but they're like the sacred cow on gaf, i'm surprised people are quite split on those games because those games are not very complexed, and there are a few things with uc2 i liked because they are clear improvements to uc1, 3 really took a step back in terms of design choices and level designs.

Backlogger

Just wait until the next Fallout developed by Obsidian follows the same pricing model as other Bethesda published games :p

Basically I will buy everything day one at full price or I will wait to buy any portion of the game until they release a complete edition (probably the latter).

Enco

Was never a fan of the first Binding of Isaac but I played the new one a bit last night and actually enjoyed it.

Think the graphics make a really big difference. First one felt cheap.

Elena too. What was wrong with their faces? Bad facelift is bad.

This makes so little sense when you on the other hand like UC1 and GA. Not that 3 is any less combat focused than 2. By now I've come to the conclusion that you're just trolling.

No trolling. 100% serious. Uncharted 2 dropped most of the exploration and puzzle solving. I've played all 4 games enough times over to know what I think worked and didn't work. Things that I thought were terrible, things that I thought were good. While each game has a number of things that fit into each of those, by far, the underachiever of the bunch was Uncharted 2 and the only reason I can figure this happened was because of the software management theories provided above.

Seriously, the only improvements that I attribute to Uncharted 2 were some of the combat mechanics being refined/added. Maybe you could argue that the stealth approach allowed to combat in 3 began in 2 because of that stupid burglary chapter... but that might be a stretch. I suppose you could say that the team learned from it's mistake with how ridiculous the story was in 2 (as well as how poorly the boss battles were designed) and corrected them in 3.

but the exploration and puzzles are complete garbage too in 1 and 3 :V

I disagree. And even if you don't agree on the quality, the quantity and prominence of the puzzles in 1, 3, and GA are all increased when compared to 2.

Omega

Banned
I thought you hate me for not liking dinosaur games. ;_;

I'm re-adding people, well most of you. It's just hard to do since most of you don't have your profile on your GAF profile.

you dont like dinosaur games?

how are we even friends...

Jawmuncher

You know what? RE6 in coop is actually great fun.

Hell yeah it is. Played with Soma awhile back on No Mercy and had a blast.
Well aside from a few parts, but that is the hardest difficulty.

I thought you hate me for not liking dinosaur games. ;_;

I'm re-adding people, well most of you. It's just hard to do since most of you don't have your profile on your GAF profile.

It's ok I still care for those that don't.

It's great fun even alone -- the AI on your partner is never really in the way or a liability... so it surpasses the forced co-op design of RE5 in that way. Add in the spectacular TPS mechanics and it's a really good game; haters be damned.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

It starts that way, but it doesn't end that way. I felt bad asking my friend to play the game with me by the time we were in the third campaign. It's like I don't want to hurt you this way and it hurts me to do this, but I need to beat this I need you with me-type of feeling.

Anteater

Uncharted 2 is enjoyed well enough but Tomb Raider 2013 just felt like the blandest thing ever that I pretty much sold it after playing it for about 3 hours. I was pretty angry at how unremarkable it was at everything.

TR did a bunch of stuff but excel at none of the stuff it does, i still think it's better than TR legend overall tho

Freezard

RE6 co-op is awesome but the bonus campaign is pretty crappy (unless they patched it). The second player can't even interact with objects or open doors. Also, me and my co-op partner got stuck at some impossible water flood segment and couldn't finish the campaign. Might simply have been a bug though.

Jawmuncher

Because once in a blue moon, I do bail your ass out in CSGO. It's rare. But it does happen. <3

What is the best dinosaur game on steam right now?

Primal Carnage but it's going into a new version so everyone is waiting on that.
Beast's of Prey seems to be wrapping up nicely though, more so than Savage Lands.

Top Bottom