• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

derExperte

Adding Phawx was a good idea, thx!

New weird way to win an AMD Silver Key, now a raffle rather than who clicks first contest...

Requires your phone number though and only residents of the UK, France & Germany can participate.

I am totally okay with that. :O

No trolling. 100% serious. Uncharted 2 dropped most of the exploration and puzzle solving.

I just don't see it. At all. I've Platinum'd UC1 and what I remember most are the neverending, samey fights which 2 dialed back and made more varied. And GA had so small and linear levels that I wouldn't call any of it 'exploration', it was okay for a portable game, nothing more.

Enco

I thought this initially too, but as you get used to the design, it actually works really well as it is. And some weapons do allow for diagonal stuff, so it's definitely intentional.
That sounds cool.

In other news, Insurgency is still really awesome. Got 7 hours already...

Y'know, I was just thinking about the whole bad rats thing -- and thinking back on it, I don't think I'd be all pissy about being gifted that... but there is a game out there that I never want on my account, ever. And it might be the game that would get me to break the "gifting" code of accepting whatever is given to me...

And yet... nobody has ever so much as attempted to force my account to own it's wretchedness.
KuGsj.gif

Anteater

I disagree. And even if you don't agree on the quality, the quantity and prominence of the puzzles in 1, 3, and GA are all increased when compared to 2.

the problem is that the puzzles in all of those games (haven't played GA) are very simplistic that they are usually considered "distractions" inbetween gunfights rather than a main part of the game, same goes to the platforming.

ExoSoul

Banned
Y'know, I was just thinking about the whole bad rats thing -- and thinking back on it, I don't think I'd be all pissy about being gifted that... but there is a game out there that I never want on my account, ever. And it might be the game that would get me to break the "gifting" code of accepting whatever is given to me...

And yet... nobody has ever so much as attempted to force my account to own it's wretchedness.
KuGsj.gif

Does that game begin with S?

derExperte

Why did Capcom become greedy? none of his games are on sale...

What? Most are 50% off and we had a RE6 sale.

I Am Bread soon available via early access, btw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tlvrd6gt7Vg

seriously

Sorry if old, searched last two threads for "bread"

Was about to complain about no 'Bernd das Brot' games but actually, there's a (of course German) p'n'c.... http://www.deepsilver.com/de/game/view/game/access12/bernd-das-brot-und-die-unmoeglichen/

madjoki

Weird, but better then the method they used until now, since when I saw "Click here to get a key", it was too late and all keys were not only claimed, but even redeemed, with cards unlocked and fully completed.

I believe trick is: Not wait for get key button, but press "1. Create or log in to your Alienware Arena account" under "How to get key" after keys have been added.

This means you need to know when keys are added.No wonder keys have been gone so fast.

As weird as it sounds, it seems to work, this is how I got my code from last batch.

That sounds cool.

In other news, Insurgency is still really awesome. Got 7 hours already...

Sometimes I just put on NV goggles on the Panj Night map and get distracted just watching the action instead of doing my job.

Its mesmerizing, feels like interactive wartime footage.

MUnited83

For you.
Hey so I have a friend who is trying to purchase the Tabletop Simulator 4 pack from Russia. But there is some weird restriction thing going on where we will only get 3 copies instead of 4 because the trader will have to redeem 1 copy for himself.

It won't let him purchase the 4 pack as a gift.

That's not weird, that's how it works in most cases. Russians can buy it as a gift using cart exploit.

Hmm, we'll see. We play almost everything which has coop so we ain't too picky :p

The game also runs at locked 60 FPS at 4k on a single 970, that's neat.

Don't mind Stallion -- I think he likes to play things that he finds horrible. He dragged Nabs through Van Helsing even though he didn't like it. He joined in on the Serious Samathon with morningbus and company and hated every minute of it. He somehow roped me and Turfster into helping him grind multiplayer achievements for TR2013... I'm pretty sure it's just Stallion's MO. He pretty much hates everything that isn't Batman Oranges. ;)

Does that game begin with S?

You're thinking it's Strider 2014? Apparently you know my loathing of the game but might not realize I bought it on release and 100% completed it... otherwise, I don't know why you would think it begins with S... ;)

Note: what fun would it be if I ruled out letters? :p

around the time when they made sf2 champion edition in 1992

Bravo.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Hmm, we'll see. We play almost everything which has coop so we ain't too picky :p

The game also runs at locked 60 FPS at 4k on a single 970, that's neat.

That's pretty sweet. I was pleased to get a rock solid 30 fps when I played the game at 4K using Gedosato on a 760 (4gb edition) and now that I have a 970 myself, you actually have me tempted to reinstall it just to mess around a bit at 4k60.

Has anybody bought from GameAgent before?

They seem to be primarily a Mac store, but they have BioShock Infinite Complete (base game + Season Pass + Columbia's Finest) for $10, which looks like a good deal.

It is Steamplay, so it'll install on PC too.

Edit: They also have Borderlands 2 Complete for $10 too, with all the dlcs. They look to be owned by Aspyr Media, so site is legit.

ExoSoul

Banned
You're thinking it's Strider 2014? Apparently you know my loathing of the game but might not realize I bought it on release and 100% completed it... otherwise, I don't know why you would think it begins with S... ;)

Note: what fun would it be if I ruled out letters? :p
When talked about earlier someone mentioned "wait until you hear Frost's opinion" so I assumed xD

Whats the best way to play Skyrim? Mouse and keyboard or controller?

Just go with your preference. I've put an equal number hours into both.
But if you go mouse & keyboard you'll need SkyUI. It's an interface mod that drastically improves M+K support.

EDIT: Get SkyUI regardless.

Enco

Sometimes I just put on NV goggles on the Panj Night map and get distracted just watching the action instead of doing my job.

Its mesmerizing, feels like interactive wartime footage.
Wish more people voted for night maps. Dat atmosphere.

Love the sound effects. I jump every time I die and fire fights are awesome.

Dr Dogg

At this rate I think I'm the only person in the Steam thread who doesn't own a 970.

Anywho time to set my preorder affairs in order (that's a very weird start to a sentance) and decide if I want Adam Jensen Lara or Agent 47 Lara as my treat for buying Temple of Osiris blind.

Haha yessss. I did a replay of the trilogy last year and UC1 became my fav at that point too.

Hahaha yet more evidance you might be my doppelganger.

Edit: Ughhh I think it's about high time I got a new phone where the screen doesn't try and interpret my already bad spelling for me.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Don't mind Stallion -- I think he likes to play things that he finds horrible. He dragged Nabs through Van Helsing even though he didn't like it. He joined in on the Serious Samathon with morningbus and company and hated every minute of it. He somehow roped me and Turfster into helping him grind multiplayer achievements for TR2013... I'm pretty sure it's just Stallion's MO. He pretty much hates everything that isn't Batman Oranges. ;)

Hmmm, referencing my crew's game completion tournament list I have responded positively to 39 out of 119 games/DLCs/DLC sets completed this year. 41 were semi-positive. Seems surprisingly predictable in terms of spread.

New weird way to win an AMD Silver Key, now a raffle rather than who clicks first contest...
Requires your phone number though and only residents of the UK, France & Germany can participate.
That's a much better system! Finally a more just chance at winning. Star Citizen, here I come!
Must suck for countries not supported though.
-

KuGsj.gif
Now I am curious...

My girlfriend and I decided to get a couple legit dance pads for DDR/Stepmania on black friday. This will be our exercise regiment XD

Added bonus: Will buy Crypt of the Necrodancer for epic co-op dungeon-dancing. I might wait until the pads come to play it so that I don't have the experience of using a controller or keyboard beforehand.

Pachimari

All of you playing in 4K, do you have a 4K monitor? Or are you just changing the resolution with gedosato on your 1080p monitors?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
All of you playing in 4K, do you have a 4K monitor? Or are you just changing the resolution with gedosato on your 1080p monitors?

Using gedosato or Nvidia's DSR depending on game. I use a 42 in Panasonic Plasma (one of their last really solid variants) and the results are generally phenomenal.

Pachimari

I installed gedosato recently. Wish I knew how to use it though. It's confusing to me. I guess I should create a profile for my game and add in the resolution I want but I can never select them in-game.

Hell yeah it is. Played with Soma awhile back on No Mercy and had a blast.
Well aside from a few parts, but that is the hardest difficulty.

Yeah, was pretty fun. I think we had a hard time with Chris' campaign the most. And some bits of Jake's.
It's No Hope btw :p

It's great fun even alone -- the AI on your partner is never really in the way or a liability... so it surpasses the forced co-op design of RE5 in that way. Add in the spectacular TPS mechanics and it's a really good game; haters be damned.
I played the entire game in single player the first time, and I still thought it was fun. Also I think some parts are even easier with the AI.

Top Bottom