• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

MUnited83

For you.
Man, I don't know if I'm down with this whole Gem thing. Spending money and items just for a CHANCE to POSSIBLY, MAYBE get the OPPORTUNITY to buy something at a slightly less price, when the Steam sale is next week seems stupid.

The gems are not spent if you don't win the bid. And if it wasn't for this screw up, you could probably pick up a couple of low-demand cheap games for the gems you got simply from duplicate items.

Of course, with the current situation as it is....

Lirrik

Man, I don't know if I'm down with this whole Gem thing. Spending money and items just for a CHANCE to POSSIBLY, MAYBE get the OPPORTUNITY to buy something at a slightly less price, when the Steam sale is next week seems stupid.

Yeah, I think about taking just my usual -75% or more and avoid spending time on this gem thing. I feel many people will be burned on this.

inm8num2

The good thing about this gem bullshit is that the auctions will end when the sale starts.

Imagine the craziness of managing gem auctions, cards, sales, etc. It's like Valve doesn't even want us to play the games we acquire. :p

Jørdan;142913713 said:
Mwhahahaha!

Damn, that was fast. This is why we can't have nice things.

It's 2011 coal all over again but multiplied by 10 bloody million with how big the user base of the platform, duplicates, mules and black/grey market is now.

At least I got the event cards but I for sure know I won't be spending anything this winter sale. Or only spend my remaining Steam wallet cash...

edit:

To think the gems of Street Fighter caused so much ruckus, this is at a whole different level, heh.

Jawmuncher

Damn, that was fast. This is why we can't have nice things.

It's 2011 coal all over again but multiplied by 10 bloody million with how big the user base of the platform, duplicates, mules and black/grey market is now.

At least I got the event cards but I for sure know I won't be spending anything this winter sale. Or only spend my remaining Steam wallet cash...

edit:

To think the gems of Street Fighter caused so much ruckus, this is at a whole different level, heh.

Nevar Foget

ZKWvIMH.png

Jesus this was 2 years ago. Feels like yesterday.

Nevar Foget

ZKWvIMH.png

Capcom: The Visionaries!

So, yeah, Steam is slowed to a crawl right now, which is a shame as I wanted to get rid of some cards and items. For cash of course, not these gems. I already have more than enough games in my backlog, can't even finish the 52 games a year chalenge, jeez.

Right, people? Let's check our backlogs and reconsider this whole event? :p

edit.

Booster pack crafting should be limited to an x amount of boosters per day, per IP or something like that. Won't deter Ivan The Terrible bot armies but, hey, you can try.

It levels up when you place a bid on an auction (and levels up again if you win!)

There was a drop down box, and you could pick any game - even ones you don't own or have a badge for.

Also I'll see about adding the hiding and continuous scrolling options to the auction page.

Where's the auction page?

well what's the cheapest booster pack

I made an Ikaruga pack for 500. Not even planning to sell that, Ikaruga backgrounds and such are freaking awesome.

So, yep, I don't think they adjusted the prices yet, I expect this to go down at any minute!

edit: Got a foil Ikaruga card, holy shit... First foil in months!

Which waifu cards are the most expensive right now?
Agarest Zero costs like 750 gems and the cards go for 0,50€ each, theoretically. (Probably just ruined it)

EDIT: Sakura Spirit is a money making machine

Lomax

You can only buy booster packs for games you own. Price seems to scale based on the number of cards in a set, with 5 card sets having boosters that cost 1200 gems and 15 card sets having boosters that cost 400 gems. Doesn't seem to take market price into account.

Ok, screw the bidding, booster pack making is where is at!

Seems they put a limit: you can only create 1 booster pack for a game per day. Ok, that's more sensible but there should probably a global limit, as in X user can't make more than 5-10 packs or something per day.

At the very least they thought of a limit.

Lomax

Well, I'm ahead by a dollar on this ordeal. I'd imagine for those of you with access to the higher value boosters you could make quite a bit more. It's still close to impossible to buy a sack of gems on the market though.

Top Bottom