• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

Lomax

It's funny that the new winter cards are the last thing anyone is paying attention to, past sales it would be all we would be talking about right now.

Edit: Finally got a buy order through on some bags of gems. Though I have to assume the people still dumping them got them from the dupe bug, because what else would the source be?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
i never had a cool nickname. what's tuga mean?

its short for Portuga, which I guess is short for Portuguese? I find it offensive, but we use it ourselves so what can I say :/

and you have a nickname. you are "that guy that doesnt remove f2p games from his wishlist". not very catchy, I know :p

i have 260 gems. i dunno why this should excite me but i guess i'll find out soon or something. At least i got rid of those awful emoticons and backgrounds taking up space in my inventory

zkylon

zkylewd
iCp0QnEt9oDfl.png

this allegedly british guy can't be ripping me off can he?

i mean steam commununilty is a real thing i'm sure!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=142837357&postcount=10632

I know I shouldn't expect you to read 12 hours of posts... but I knew it was covered at least once and II'm extra cranky tonight. Blame the gems.
ehhh ok

steam://install/<id>

So if it's Ghosts, the ID is 209170
but it's the kevin spacey one, not ghosts :/

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Really? In our high school, the term for people of portuguese heritage was "fish." Because you guys eat it a lot, apparently.

fish huh? we call british people "bifes" here, which is Portuguese for "steaks" LOL

whats with the food nicknames >_>

its short for Portuga, which I guess is short for Portuguese? I find it offensive, but we use it outselves so what can I say :/

and you have a nickname. you are "that guy that doesnt remove f2p games from his wishlist". not very catchy, I know :p
haha
that's a mouthful. you have it good. we can call you rhak-rhak.

Speevy

Banned
I'm looking for someone to try this out and report on it.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Speevy:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Speevy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Last Inua -- MB-043C6A803D825A66 - Taken by alr1ght. 22 entrants total.

t1418366084z1.png

Zia

So... let me get this straight. You can buy stacks of gems for a few cents, and then craft them into a booster assuredly worth more than a stack? I feel as if I'm missing something here.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
So... let me get this straight. You can buy stacks of gems for a few cents, and then craft them into a booster assuredly worth more than a stack? I feel as if I'm missing something here.

Pretty much. Card market is going to crash hard.

Yeah that's it, just keep the cycle going, you can either unpack and sell the cards and hope for boosters or just sell the boosters, then take that money and buy more gems.

Phawx

WHOA!

I was mindlessly gemifying backgrounds and emoticons when I just Barely saw this:

Holiday Auction
This item is worth: 20 Gems
Turn into Gems...
This item can be broken down into Gems to use in Holiday Auction bids. Learn more here.
View in Community Market
Starting at: $2.57
Volume: 2 sold in the last 24 hours

It's already started

Locust

This gem stuff is nuts. In putinbucks 1 sack costs like 0.24 rubles (0.003€) compared to 0.03€ in the euro market. Where does the extra money go? :p

MUnited83

For you.

That's exactly it. Of course, this will be ran into the ground in less than a day so it should be taken advantage of right now.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Out of gems, made about $9.50 selling cards from boosters. I have a ton of buy orders in but they're not going through, so I'm out. The card market is totally wrecked right now.

Going to be interesting to see how this plays out.

Either way, I've got Enhanced Steam working with a "1-click button to turn an item into gems". I'm going to try to push out a new update tomorrow with a lot of new features.

Zia

Yeah that's it, just keep the cycle going, you can either unpack and sell the cards and hope for boosters or just sell the boosters, then take that money and buy more gems.

That's exactly it. Of course, this will be ran into the ground in less than a day so it should be taken advantage of right now.

Wow. So one game down, hundreds to go, I guess!

Cerity

Started up Risen 2 again.

How did I even get as far as I did when I tried to play it the first time. The controls on a controller aren't intuitive at all and the moment you try to pick a lock...

derExperte

Valve really fucked up this time. Probably their worst idea yet.

Also this is the fourth time in the last six hours that I've been on top of the page.

Rhaknar

hah. that's quite the leap ;)

good luck for tomorrow. guess you don't need to invest into your pc now, with your 970?

that laptop for downtime at your hotel?

you mean my TWO 970s? get it right damn it! #braggingcunt #epeenisthebestpeen #imbrokeson

but yes, these winter months are killer, I want a cheap laptop just to play indies and shit, nothing fancy

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I'm curious what their thinking was. Maybe they were trying to cut out the publishers on card sales and make tons of sales on gems. Problem is the gems are stupid cheap and cannibalizes their own cut on high priced cards.

Top Bottom