• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

Phawx

Basically the only thing that's going to keep card prices relatively high is if a game never goes on sale or gets bundled.

Aside from that, I went from lvl 55 to 70 from my badge hoard.

Should I craft the winter cards? Or should I wait?

Kanokare

"Hey guys, before we go home for the night let's ship this new thing."

*Click*

"Alright, see you guys tomorrow!"

"You do it"

"No you do it!!"

"I said you first!"

"Okay how about this. I -accidentally- hit the button to start it and then we run out of the building."

"Sure"

*Grabs buddy's hand and makes him hit the switch*
"AHHH you did it!!!"
*Runs out*

I swear someone must've activated it on a dare.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
3ZAFaZJ.png

The Bad Rats booster is one of the most expensive ones. Volvo knows.

zkylon

zkylewd
Valve really fucked up this time. Probably their worst idea yet.

Also this is the fourth time in the last six hours that I've been on top of the page.

i just think all this crap is really misguided

it's only fun for the few people that can afford it, a lot of people are actually losing money and the rest of us are just scratching our heads wondering what the fuck is this shit about

i can't imagine anyone that isn't speculating for profit or saoirse actually enjoying this bullshit

Lomax

The prices on the gem sacks would never have dropped this low if not for the bugs. Now that it's reached this point there's basically no turning back and what little value the card market had is pretty much done for. In principle the idea was fine, but it's unlikely things will ever recover from this. As much as I'm happy with the few dollars I made messing around this evening, seeing the dozens of cards I have on the market drop to nothing, not to mention the hundreds I have left to farm, is rather disappointing.

What exactly is the value in Steam crashing the market? Anyone got theories?

Probably their own version of the 1930 crisis or some other madness? Either way, they have effectively killed a source of revenue (however small and insignificant it could've been in the grand scheme of things) for pubs and devs while also getting them to donate copies for this bid madness...

ExoSoul

Banned
its short for Portuga, which I guess is short for Portuguese? I find it offensive, but we use it ourselves so what can I say :/

and you have a nickname. you are "that guy that doesnt remove f2p games from his wishlist". not very catchy, I know :p

I dislike it myself, I only used it in case he'd want to keep that info private, the lesser of two evils.

you mean my TWO 970s? get it right damn it! #braggingcunt #epeenisthebestpeen #imbrokeson

but yes, these winter months are killer, I want a cheap laptop just to play indies and shit, nothing fancy
damn. two? what you playing with that? nasa sim?

asus makes good laptops. pretty powerful ones. make a slick deal tomorrow.

..i should move to portugal -_- i like warm weather anyway

Phawx

it's only fun for the few people that can afford it, a lot of people are actually losing money and the rest of us are just scratching our heads wondering what the fuck is this shit about

i can't imagine anyone that isn't speculating for profit or saoirse actually enjoying this bullshit

I mean, I don't really care that much. I've always used the trading card market as a corollary to trading. For a good while I was just keeping it 1:1 but ultimately making more since then.

What really sucks is people that purposefully leveled high to increase their booster chances.

MUnited83

For you.

7 euros of profit so far, many new completed badges, trading cards galore? I'm loving it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
damn. two? what you playing with that? nasa sim?

asus makes good laptops. pretty powerful ones. make a slick deal tomorrow.

..i should move to portugal -_- i like warm weather anyway

dude its cold as shit here right now

derExperte

After owning 50.000.000 gems for a little while I can't get excited for this anymore. It's like winning the lottery and then losing the ticket. Nothing to live for anymore, it's over.

SmithnCo

The only thing I'm interested here is maybe getting cheaper modelling and animation packages, specifically Substance stuff. I assume near the 15th people will be getting wise and all this stuff will only be a bit cheaper with gems.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I would sell all your high priced cards now (for the highest buy price) before it really crashes. Dumped my remaining foils. Volv plz/

How are you guys getting buy orders in? I just keep getting a message to refresh the page.

Also, don't make the Cherry Tree High booster pack. There are literally no buy orders left in the market for those cards.

Jawmuncher

The pricing on boosters seems a bit odd.
Regardless thank to that, trading with other Gaffers, and bothering the hell out of _hekk05 I have finished quite a few badges. Should finish the rest up tomorrow. Spent way longer than I care to admit with all of this already though.

Tizoc

I just woke up 2 hours ago and discovered this gem thing, should I get gems or just get Steam credit, cuz it's like this thing was made after Valve learned of IdleMaster and wanted to mess with people :V

Not even attacks? Where are you getting the drops? Because it's mostly 60fps for me outside of battle.

This is basically how it runs for me, same as before

http://a.pomf.se/vjjbdy.webm

Nope, at its best, the battles were 60 FPS. I just reached the junkyard so I'll see what it's like but I think it'll run fine there too.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
oh really? guess not being on Mediterranean but ocean does make a difference. can't imagine being worse than germany though. heck it snowed he last days here!!!

well its cold for me, but its all relative :p

for example, ive never even seen snow in my life :3

Lomax

Now instead of failing to place a buy order, it's lying to me and saying the buy order was placed, but it isn't working. So annoying.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
The worst part is, usually the sales cause people to craft badges (which in turn causes people to buy cards). I had 100+ cards waiting for the sale to hit to sell.

Top Bottom