• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

Lomax

just look at this

kawaii as fu**
should sell for mad money to some weabo

but instead

with value rapidly dropping

this what the gems did

people made/are making money with the new system. i keep loosing, haha.

i just can't get excited about all these meta steam stuff.

i'm a market scrub.

at least i'll get some friend slots by badging.

If anything will recover it's those cards, anime cards even recover from heavy bundling. But it's going to be a while if ever. Maybe if Valve has more of these auctions that pull the gems out of circulation prices will recover some but it seems like this is the end.

It will be interesting to see what the values on the winter sale cards do, right now they are running about the same as before the summer sale, maybe a little cheaper.

Salsa

ok im seling boosters at the buying price and making money... slowly...

i'll probably get my $5 back and reduce this whole ordeal to just having wasted like 4 hours of my life

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I think I just want to win one auction and call it good. I'm not going to do much work for anything else. I'm glad to finally get rid of some of those emoticons and backgrounds though.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I've seen snow.

In movies. :(

tumblr_m4k80ak2wj1ru1aayo1_500.gif

at least you have koalas, I have rats and stray cats :(

Phawx

Hahah. I guess people are crafting like mad. I just got another booster pack and I wanted to get rid of it like the plague.

Usually I prefer to open boosters and hope for foils.

Cth

Out of gems, made about $9.50 selling cards from boosters. I have a ton of buy orders in but they're not going through, so I'm out. The card market is totally wrecked right now.

Going to be interesting to see how this plays out.

Either way, I've got Enhanced Steam working with a "1-click button to turn an item into gems". I'm going to try to push out a new update tomorrow with a lot of new features.

Any chance you could have the Wishlist show how much top bid on the gem auction is?

IE: I look at my list and beside price I see the current gem bid for the hour.

Admittedly limited usage (winter sale only) but it'd make winning those auctions easier.

BHK3

Banned
This is too much, how do people have such high gems? I wanna make a few packs but the prices for them imo is way too high...

AsylumX

Here is a trick to buy those sacks. So far is has work for me twice, 25 sacks each time. Don't set the buy order to 0.03, use 0.04 instead. It goes through easier (not 100% but is better than nothing) and you won't get charged more because the system always makes the transaction with the lowest available price (in this case 0.03).

zkylon

zkylewd
I mean, I don't really care that much. I've always used the trading card market as a corollary to trading. For a good while I was just keeping it 1:1 but ultimately making more since then.

What really sucks is people that purposefully leveled high to increase their booster chances.
yeah i mean it frustrates me cos it could be an actual fun thing and i find this shit kind of alienating and weird but sure, it's optional, so no harm done to me

that being said i think it's a really shitty direction valve has been headed for a long while with this kind of thing that's always only fun for the very limited number of people that spend enough for it to be fun

like, i'm just saying, maybe market speculation is not what fun christmas sales are all about lol

inm8num2

For the past few months (since the summer sale) I'd been selling off cards from more expensive badges and completing sets for the cheapest badges. I figured if it was like the previous sales, you could sell cards at 45-50 cents each in the beginning of the sale and break out a little ahead. Now I'm not sure why I wasted time on that - no way holiday cards go that high this time around due to all the cheap boosters, crashing card prices, and crafting.

Lesson learned - don't get sucked into these meta games and sell off cards when they have value.

Turfster

2 million sacks of gems for sale.
While trying to get rid of your cards and boosters, don't believe the market pages.

Gamersgate updated their dailies:
Hitman series 75% off, LA Noire 60% off, Simulators 50-90% off
Shitman Asspollution Elite is the same price as Shitman Asspollution

Valve really fucked up this time. Probably their worst idea yet.

Also this is the fourth time in the last six hours that I've been on top of the page.

I dunno, I'm pretty happy -- I decided to clean out a ton of my inventory via recycling, ended up with 2800 gems, bought 4 booster packs, opened them, then sold the cards to the highest buy orders. Cam out about $5.50 in the black. And I'm not going to bother with it any more unless something gives me a good enough reason to.

baterism

I blame the new guy in the comic for he chaos.

He might be sleeping infront of the monitor right now. Dreaming of warm bed.
WAKE UP DAMNIT!

Top Bottom