• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

Dr Dogg

I'm probably the only one on team red.

It's not all bad, I'm Team Red for work. Though I don't fancy shelling out £1,000+ for a FirePro 8100 if it was my money. There is some stuff in AMD's drivers I wish Nvidia would bring over and of course there's too many little extras and tweaks I've used over the years I wouldn't give up from Nvidia's end to move back to AMD (last card I had from them, well ATI in a home PC was 2001) but there's very loudy and shouty champions for both.

Decided to fire up Dark Souls yesterday after a several month hiatus and realized that my save was in the middle of Blighttown. Not the place you want to be after a long break. Thankfully I remembered most of the controls and only died once from forgetting how to jump. Still, quite a nerve-wracking experience.

BorntoPlay

around the time when they made sf2 champion edition in 1992

true-story-neil-patrick-harris.png

Nabs

Don't mind Stallion -- I think he likes to play things that he finds horrible. He dragged Nabs through Van Helsing even though he didn't like it. He joined in on the Serious Samathon with morningbus and company and hated every minute of it. He somehow roped me and Turfster into helping him grind multiplayer achievements for TR2013... I'm pretty sure it's just Stallion's MO. He pretty much hates everything that isn't Batman Oranges. ;)

To be completely fair, I forced him to pick VH up during that Humble Bundle. I deserved it.

Looking over his completion list, he seems to like almost everything he's played so far. Lots of good scores. He just has a higher tolerance for shit when it's presented in co-op, or easy to get achievements.

Whats the best way to play Skyrim? Mouse and keyboard or controller?

The way you prefer to play games of that genre?
If you like a controller, use a controller. If you like kb/m, choose that.
Makes sense, don't it? :p

At this rate I think I'm the only person in the Steam thread who doesn't own a 970.

I thought you had dual 980s or something... so why would you want a 970?
And if it makes you feel any better, I don't own a 9-anything yet.

Dr Dogg

I thought you had dual 980s or something... so why would you want a 970?
And if it makes you feel any better, I don't own a 9-anything yet.

Well not trying to brag or anything but I've got 2 780's but what with SLI support being a bit bothersome with a few high profile releases this year and hitting the VRAM wall more often than the power wall. I'm waiting for something to come out to satisfy both demands and get shot of one of them. Fingers crossed for April next year when hopefully the stars align.

Really though I'm not surprised Nvida sold so many 900 series cards. I think they and thier board partners might have priced them too cheaply.

Tellaerin

Y'know, I was just thinking about the whole bad rats thing -- and thinking back on it, I don't think I'd be all pissy about being gifted that... but there is a game out there that I never want on my account, ever. And it might be the game that would get me to break the "gifting" code of accepting whatever is given to me...

And yet... nobody has ever so much as attempted to force my account to own it's wretchedness.
KuGsj.gif

But you already own Strider. >.>

Phawx

It's not all bad, I'm Team Red for work. Though I don't fancy shelling out £1,000+ for a FirePro 8100 if it was my money. There is some stuff in AMD's drivers I wish Nvidia would bring over and of course there's too many little extras and tweaks I've used over the years I wouldn't give up from Nvidia's end to move back to AMD (last card I had from them, well ATI in a home PC was 2001) but there's very loudy and shouty champions for both.

Well, I only really got my 290 because it was $200. (Most def abused in some mining circus) But it's Asus, so warranty shouldn't be too much of a hassle.

So far so good though!

Backlogger

Whats the best way to play Skyrim? Mouse and keyboard or controller?

As someone that typically prefers mouse and keyboard, I actually prefer the game pad for Skyrim. Same for Fallout 3 and New Vegas. Something about the controls for those games just feel more natural with the game pad.

Arthea

As someone that typically prefers mouse and keyboard, I actually prefer the game pad for Skyrim. Same for Fallout 3 and New Vegas. Something about the controls for those games just feel more natural with the game pad.

I wonder if playing Skyrim with DDR pad would make it fun at last (><)

Backlogger

I wonder if playing Skyrim with DDR pad would make it fun at last (><)

lol...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozFA_CViLHA

I impulse bought Shadowrun Dragonfall. I don't even like turn based games. I don't even like tactical games. I don't even know why i bought it.

Fuck yeah
whathaveidone

Not buying anymore games these sales.

I used to not like turn based games until I played XCOM Enemy Unknown. I like Shadorun Returns, but I usually only play it for 30 mins or so at a time.

Derp

I impulse bought Shadowrun Dragonfall. I don't even like turn based games. I don't even like tactical games. I don't even know why i bought it.

Fuck yeah
whathaveidone

Fuck yeah
whathaveidone

Whoa, derp, I didn't even realize that you were derp and not spoderman.

Derp

Whoa, derp, I didn't even realize that you were derp and not spoderman.
If i change my name no one will remember me. I'll have to start over with a new identity. I ain't got time for that!

Should i change my avatar back? I have no idea what to do. Life decision right here.

Omega

Banned
i want to upgrade to Ultra SF4, but only have 15% off....:/

Don't.

it's pretty bad online. im assuming you would be playing online because who plays SF by themselves

Fuck yeah
whathaveidone

I just bought Pillars of Eternity and I haven't finished a single player game in god knows how long. I've been playing guacamelee for the past month, Arkham Origins for about 2.

i know that feeling

Uzzy

Fuck yeah
whathaveidone

Clearly, you're a man of good taste, picking up the best RPG of the year.

i want to upgrade to Ultra SF4, but only have 15% off....:/

You missed the daily deal, but it's probably worth waiting till the next sale kicks off before going for it. There's meant to be a new patch coming shortly after the Capcom Cup (December 13th), so you can see what the online play is like then. It's certainly improved a lot since Ultra came out, that's for certain.

Pachimari

No more Steam games for me.

Gotta get either of Hatsune Miku Project Diva f 2nd, Kingdom Hearts II HD Remix or Halo: Master Chief Collection.

Chariot

True Detective Chariot.
Goes to ask a morgue worker about a corpse, accidentally steps into a wrong room, kills morgue worker who is getting defensive. Ask other people to the case. Manages not to kill them, get the information that I should ask the morgue worker. Luckily he had a diary.
I am a genius investigator.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Does anyone have Midnight Club 2 and run either Vista or Windows 7? Steam says it doesn't work on it, various posts online says the game does for the Steam version, and I can't find a clear answer either way.

Does anyone want to be my Steam friend?

I sent you an invite.

Arthea

It wasn't discounted at all during the entire sale. Why would anyone buy it under those circumstances?

the best game this year? discounted? what for?

True Detective Chariot.
Goes to ask a morgue worker about a corpse, accidentally steps into a wrong room, kills morgue worker who is getting defensive. Ask other people to the case. Manages not to kill them, get the information that I should ask the morgue worker. Luckily he had a diary.

I''m not hiring you even to spy on Xseed in case you accidentally kill somebody, postponing release of SC even more!

dani_dc

No more Steam games for me.

Gotta get either of Hatsune Miku Project Diva f 2nd, Kingdom Hearts II HD Remix or Halo: Master Chief Collection.

Doesn't sound like a bad plan.

True Detective Chariot.

What game?

Top Bottom