• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I'm young and I got the time lol

thats what Macaulay Culkin thought, and then BAM!

oprahbees.gif

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Wait what has happened? Something something gems then ruined for all?

Essentially, yes. You could buy 1000 gems in a gem sack for $.03 and then convert that into a booster pack. Booster packs range from 400 gems to 1200 gems to make.

So naturally card prices and booster pack prices crashed extra hard, and now Valve's stepping in to do something.

They better not lose the gems I already "bid" is all I'm saying =p

I'm more worried about losing the gems I have in my inventory. I'm hoping that they don't touch them, since they were "paid" for with real currency, but who knows what's going to happen.

I'll be kind of ticked off if I lose them all, or they get diluted into nothingness, since actual wallet funds were used on them.

AsylumX

So everything is gone... Wonder what they will do with the gems, I still got 8k. On a good note, I'm waiting for some trades so I can finish 7 or 8 badges.

Elija2

You know, I'd be happy if there wasn't a crazy holiday event this year. They're always trying to one-up themselves but this year they went too far. Don't you make enough money off of this, Valve?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
You know, I'd be happy if there wasn't a crazy holiday event this year. They're always trying to one-up themselves but this year they went too far. Don't you make enough money off of this, Valve?

all fucking year long people are crying "whaaaa this sale is boring doesnt have a meta"

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
all fucking year long people are crying "whaaaa this sale is boring doesnt have a meta"

And now those people know not to complain about sales not having metagames.

Until the next sale that doesn't have a metagame comes along and everything goes back to the way it was before :p

tmarg

People miss the fun metagames like the coal one, not the compete to see who can spend the most money metagames.

I understand completely why they can't do the coal type stuff anymore, but it still sucks.

chronomac

Being sad that I missed all the craziness I decided to finish Shadow of Mordor...what a disappointing ending. Now I'm sad again.

The final boss is an easy quicktime event. So boring and anti-climactic.

Still a good game overall, and I have a lot left I want to do. Ended it with 75% done or so.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Jørdan;142954645 said:
Gems removed from inventory, about £1.20 worth that I bought from the market.

I wouldn't fret just yet. You may get the equivalent of whatever is to replace them.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Jørdan;142954645 said:
Gems removed from inventory, about £1.20 worth that I bought from the market.

Yeah. They're all gone now. Sucks for people like us that got them legitimately by converting stuff and using real money.

I wouldn't fret just yet. You may get the equivalent of whatever is to replace them.

Hopefully the coin Valve uses to make decisions lands on that side instead of the side where everyone gets nothing :p

Worst case we all have email receipts, right? Hopefully they can't punish the people that didn't cheat, and instead spent money on these stupid things.

EDIT: Honestly, they should just roll the market back to the state it was in prior to the event, and roll back everyone's wallets. Then again, knowing Valve, they probably don't have a full backup to roll back to.

There should be college course on Steam economics, this stuff is fascinating. I wonder what Valves plan is? They should pull an Ubisoft and cancel the auction and give us free games.

baterism

I'm $2 poorer since the start of event. But have tons of animu booster packs so its good.
I'm on top of 2 auction that I joined before closing, I hope I still got something.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Today will be remembered as the day Steam Market crashed. Dark twelve-twelve.

Top Bottom