• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

Jørdan

Got mine back too, all present and correct - a little over 40K which was to be split over the next few days in booster crafting.

Its my 25th Birthday today so time to dump all my spare keys.
Can't believe I slept through this gems stuff.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (ReduxMachine, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Euro Truck Simulator 2 -- MB-3433F75ABB6107AF - Taken by OFFIS. 11 entrants total.
Soundoger Plus -- MB-F2E418C5FF93A4EB - Taken by dot. 5 entrants total.
The Last Remnant -- MB-9F5B388330A909CC - Taken by someguyinahat. 23 entrants total.
Risk of Rain -- MB-E4ED513B43DF03DE - Taken by factorone. 2 entrants total.
SteamWorld Dig -- MB-09F788DAD425AF5E - Taken by skullmuffins. 12 entrants total.
One Way Heroics -- MB-D69D3C1632130043 - Taken by NightmareTrigger. 1 entrants total.
NiGHTS Into Dreams -- MB-8CB12A896D7A3288 - Taken by Christopher Mackenzie. 7 entrants total.
Really Big Sky -- MB-76091773AECC4547 - Taken by chronomac. 1 entrants total.
FEZ -- MB-ABCCA210E9711F2C - Taken by TheLight. 2 entrants total.

t1418456865z1.png

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I don't mind losing all the gems, but I do regret not seeing how the auction would have turned out as a gauge to see the popularity/desirability of all those titles in a biding format.

More importantly, can you play Mahjong as Haruka?
(Or was that only in Yakuza 2?)

Mahjong was part of the cut content in the Western localisation of Yakuza 3, but the Japanese version of it and every other game in the series has Mahjong in it.

tmarg

Well, no that it's over, I really hope it'll raise =\

It's not over yet, they've given everyone back their gems.

I don't think you can actually do anything with them at this point, but eventually they are going to have to let people use them, which will tank the card market again, or take them away permanently, which will screw over everyone who bought them.

tmarg

Oh, I didn't understand this, I thought you were saying DS2 new version was a DLC upgrade. I'm still sleepy, sorry guys.

It contains all previous DLC, a new DLC pack, and the update to DX11.

The DLC will be available for the existing sub, but you will have to buy the new one to get the graphical updates.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Scamco will make all of us pay for DX11 renderer update for Dark Souls 2.
I joked that they may as well make us pay for non-G4WL version of Dark Souls 1.

You can buy the cheaper DX9 version if you wish! ;)

sHmUXQo.jpg

I suspect that the DX9 release will be limited to retail, with the Steam Store getting only the DX11 version.

Jørdan

Check the marketplace for buy orders, previously failed attempts are now registering after the fact. Although the gems are not marketable just now, if you had orders for other items that didn't go through correctly due the the strain on the marketplace you may have valid buy orders now that you no longer wish from repeat attempts.

Jørdan

Ok, that's twice they've stolen my gems!1111

Aaand their back. Inventory is funky. Noticed earlier when unpacking that if I got a foil the animation would freeze. Kinda takes the excitement out of it.

Arthea

so many pages?! the hell just happened. Something cool was added while I slept and it already removed. That's hilarious in a sad way. (><)
Someone! fill me in, kindly, what did I miss

JaseC

Just bought another copy of Crasher from eBay. Here's hoping I actually receive it this time.

Jørdan

so many pages?! the hell just happened. Something cool was added while I slept and it already removed. That's hilarious in a sad way. (><)
Someone! fill me in, kindly, what did I miss

People start turning their unused inventory items into gems and some notice their current pile of gems is getting double/tripled, This ends up leading into a giant crash of the market since you could buy booster packs with gems.

If the game auctioning w/ gems ever went through it would have been a clusterfuck.

Some good explanations a few pages back too.

Yakkue

I did that.

It sucked. I almost quit. You need to have maxed everything and have the best gear and yet it's still a giant pain in the ass. 1 or 2 mistakes or bad patterns and boom, game over, try again. It took me hours.

The end boss is another pain in the ass, but he's more RNG than anything with getting a good pattern... as long as you have the optimal loadout for it.

That sounds though, I'm sure I actually would have given up. Well done for making it!
--
I finished Ys I earlier and the last boss didn't take as many tries as I feared he would. Although I did die more often than I should have due to the
vanishing floor
--
Its my 25th Birthday today.
Happy Birthday!

Even if there wouldnt be a glitch, people could have abused the system. People with enough income buying enough gems, people developing bots to get the most out of the auctions.

I am sure people would still put an offer thats above the price on Steam for that particular game just to get the "I won an auction" badge.

Arthea

Yes. The whole thing was temporarily stopped soon after some exploited a bug that allowed users to receive twice the intended amount of gems.

damn... I really missed all fun.
So what about winter cards, how do we get them this time? No other metagame I suppose too?

edited: what's the point of auction? I thought we could "create" boosters with gems, we need to buy those? That's a bummer
edit2: oh! so bidding is for games, not for boosters

JaseC

edited: what's the point of auction? I thought we could "create" boosters with gems, we need to buy those? That's a bummer

To potentially get a game at a cheaper price. And you could craft boosters using gems, although "only" once per game per day. The gems ruined the card market because you could buy a sack of gems for 3c and use those to buy almost any type of booster (some were price higher than 1000).

Arthea

I really should just drop sleeping altogether, it would seem. So sad I missed it.
Cards marked crashed too? oh boy

So how do we get winter cards. Crafting badges still work for that?

Vuze

Yes. The whole thing was temporarily stopped soon after some exploited a bug that allowed users to receive twice the intended amount of gems.
I will never go to sleep again.

Damn, so overwhelemed with all the stuff, I guess I will do nothing but keep my items at this point haha

E: Oh well seems there is no way to recycle at all now so nvm lol

---

By the way, if you have pre-ordered Dying Light, you can receive 8 free weapon dockets right here: https://dockets.dyinglightgame.com (I think you can trade them for top tier weapons or sth, seems to work like Dead Island/Borderlands where you get weapons with stats appropiate to your level but have several tiers)
You can most likely get these w/o pre-ordering too, haven't seen an actual verification check.

dex3108

Damn Valve is really master when earning money comes in question. They are generous enough to let you earn some money but they earn much more.

Damn Valve is really master when earning money comes in question. They are generous enough to let you earn some money but they earn much more.

I really think those metagames arent really fun. Its more about "having money/virtual money" than having fun.

I mean even the coalhunt was tied to achievements, wasnt it? I just would love to have a metagame where everyone has the same chances.
Like I said. I am sure that even without the bugs no normal user would have been able to win one of those games.

Arthea

The faq mentions 2000 games for bidding but is there list somewhere, what games are those? Wheelman is in the list?
I kid, I kid
but seriously, is there any way to check?

KarmaCow

It's insane to think at one point there were about 2 million sacks of gems on the community market at once. Not only is that 2 billion gems on the market alone, the idea that 2 million entries were manually inputted in a matter of hours for just gems is ridiculous.

It's a massive fuck up, and that's not even including trying to make it right for people who added money to their account to buy gems en masse.

Knurek

Really wish Steam would stop crashing so I this damn Advanced Warfare download could finish. It's like the 4th time the clients crashed for me tonight...

It amazes me that Acti only has free MP weekends... Why not SP as well? It's not like anyone buys CoD for single player anymore... :\
(Would totally play free CoD SP, would totally not pay more than a $1 for it though)

It's insane to think at one point there were about 2 million sacks of gems on the community market at once. Not only is that 2 billion gems on the market alone, the idea that 2 million entries were manually inputted in a matter of hours for just gems is ridiculous.
It's a massive fuck up, and that's not even including trying to make it right for people who added money to their account to buy gems en masse.

See Valve, this is what you get for firing that Greek economist.

dex3108

I really think those metagames arent really fun. Its more about "having money/virtual money" than having fun.

I mean even the coalhunt was tied to achievements, wasnt it? I just would love to have a metagame where everyone has the same chances.
Like I said. I am sure that even without the bugs no normal user would have been able to win one of those games.

Well achievements were way easier to get with SAM. You just open SAM, select achievements you want and that's it. Every Steam meta game was unfair :D

Top Bottom