• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The faq mentions 2000 games for bidding but is there list somewhere, what games are those? Wheelman is in the list?
I kid, I kid
but seriously, is there any way to check?

The list of games was taken down when the auction system was disabled.

Well achievements were way easier to get with SAM. You just open SAM, select achievements you want and that's it. Every Steam meta game was unfair :D

SAM's existence doesn't mean achievement-based meta-games aren't viable.

nosam4ucji9a.jpg

Edit: Gotta love that Desura's installer is 39MB and upon opening it you have to download a 37MB update.

Arthea

I'm not sure how metagames can even be fair. You can't please everyone, anyway.

Valve is now fixing it? What if they can't fix it until a sale ends? no metagame? (><)

SAM's existence doesn't mean achievement-based meta-games aren't viable.

http://abload.de/img/nosam4ucji9a.jpg[/IMG[/QUOTE]

I think they aren't viable, SAM or no, share willingness of so many people to go cheating way, shows that it's not an option, unfortunately

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Jesus I don't even know what happened while I was out at my work Christmas party last night, has the winter sale metagame already been ruined for me?

JaseC

I'm not sure how metagames can even be fair. You can't please everyone, anyway.

Valve is now fixing it? What if they can't fix it until a sale ends? no metagame? (><)

No meta-game isn't exactly unprecedented as last year's Summer Sale didn't have one.

I think they aren't viable, SAM or no, share willingness of so many people to go cheating way, shows that it's not an option, unfortunately

Cheating via saves has existed since Steam's very first achievement-based meta-game and there have been a few since. Secure achievements may protect against that, anyway.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Toki767, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Toki767, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last month, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

tSosaRZ.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-A79F43C881502A00 - Taken by provista. 45 entrants total.

t1418420443z1.png

dex3108

Good luck with auctions and Gems SteamGAF (if Valve releases them today). I need to go to college now to finally get my degree that i earned 3 months ago :D

Knowing my luck i will miss another Gem fiesta on Steam :D

Jesus I don't even know what happened while I was out at my work Christmas party last night, has the winter sale metagame already been ruined for me?

It was a pre-christmas sale auction supposedly to reward members invested in their accounts. The actual sale meta-game seems to be similar to the last few, special sale cards etc...

Arthea

I knew that Jasec converted bunch of the steamgaf to dark side already and 2K is no big deal anymore, but it still kinda is for me and as I'm getting close (19 to 2K, there is a good chance I'll make it at winter sale time), I began to think what my 2K should be, it wont be Trails SC unfortunately and I can't think of anything other so big and long awaited for me. So taking suggestions, gifts maybe involved for the best suggestions or not, it depends!

JaseC

I knew that Jasec converted bunch of the steamgaf to dark side already and 2K is no big deal anymore, but it still kinda is for me and as I'm getting close (19 to 2K, there is a good chance I'll make it at winter sale time), I began to think what my 2K should be, it wont be Trails SC unfortunately and I can't think of anything other so big and long awaited for me. So taking suggestions, gifts maybe involved for the best suggestions or not, it depends!

Any milestone is a big deal.

JaseC

how good you are at writing? I'm so wanna read some impressions on this game.
Jasec, you could play it, pretty please? (><)

I don't have it. Maybe I'll snap it up during the Winter Sale as I work my way through the cheapest stuff as the sale draws to a close.

My 1500 games milestone was some IndieGala crap game

I didn't do anything for 3500 but my current plan is to have the Disney Fairy/Princess Pack get me to 4k, although I am toying the idea of getting to 3999 and then buying a grossly overpriced copy of Rugby Challenge 2.

JaseC

that's shocking, you know

I've never been one to jump on new releases unless they're generously discounted. I couldn't really afford to do otherwise before and while I could now (expensive stuff aside, obviously), there's just no real point.

Adventure Time: The Secret Of The Nameless Kingdom

Deques

Second tier for Dead or Alive 5 has been unlocked. Now it's only the most important tier left to be unlocked!

Adventure Time: The Secret Of The Nameless Kingdom

Is the game bad or something, it seems never had many playing it at the same time. 9 players is the all time peak

So reading the game hub it appears that Blazblue doesn't recognize madcatz arcade sticks...or at least the ps3 ones. And I know it will never be patched. GG

how good you are at writing? I so wanna read some impressions on this game.
Jasec, you could play it, pretty please? (><)

I like to think I'm the shit.
No, let's put it this way: I think I kinda have a more mature Whedon-style, but want a more mature Not Whedon-style.

Eh, good enough to sometimes fool people into producing my plays. Take that for what you will.

RS4-

So reading the game hub it appears that Blazblue doesn't recognize madcatz arcade sticks...or at least the ps3 ones. And I know it will never be patched. GG

Someone mentioned that to me as well, just mind blowing. If I had the game and the stick, I'd open up the stick and just rearrange the buttons.

I'd get a refund instead.

Dr Dogg

All my junk is selling! It's selling out fast!

You can keep your silly gems at this rate I've probably got an item or two sorted and paid for come Seal Time.

Aw, need to go to bed anyway. My wallet is safe one more day!

Pro fur just plain buying Elegy: I'm a writer and right now I'm currently going through Writer's Drought. So it would benefit me more than simply being an innovative game.
Cons fur just plain buying Elegy: Winter Sale is in six days; it still costs money and I'm unemployed with a lawyer bill.

fuck it. bought.

Arthea

I like to think I'm the shit.
No, let's put it this way: I think I kinda have a more mature Whedon-style, but want a more mature Not Whedon-style.

Eh, good enough to sometimes fool people into producing my plays. Take that for what you will.

well, it's obvious you should just buy it and be stripped of your illusions.
I kid, I kid
when you'll play it, I hope to read a lot how it went ;)

JaseC

Spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys and 2 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

ulgzbKC.png
(Desura) Prelogate #2 -- MB-C764B5E93562C664 - Taken by PunishedSnake
Thief Town #2 -- MB-79476A5BC6B9A109 - Taken by NingenJanai
ulgzbKC.png
(Desura) Prelogate -- MB-B88E7978A1D73865 - Taken by bobnowhere
I, Zombie -- MB-2DCEADDB0A5D4D26 - Taken by Deques
Thief Town -- MB-4725C31BF530A1DD - Taken by Kurt Russell

Register your Desura key to obtain your Steam key.

Arthea

RIP
you made me hungry >.<

Is it a good time to start crafting badges now or better wait for the seal to start?

I think I'll wait, just in case there is another metagame, then again if you plan to sell winter cards, earlier is better, sale card prices are higher, but with recent developments, I'm not sure at all how it'll all go at all

I think I'll wait, just in case there is another metagame, then again if you plan to sell winter cards, earlier is better, sale card prices are higher, but with recent developments, I'm not sure at all how it'll all go at all

Yeah, not sure what I should do with the market crash and all, guess I'll wait a few days at least.

Dr Dogg

I don't see such an improvement from PS4 version, but I need to check it in-game.

Well despite my japanese being nonexistent seeing 3325x1871 in what is painfully obvious is the resolution setting fills my heart with glee (ie that's an Nvidia DSR selectable resolution) though I think I caught 60fps being the maximum so fingers crossed framepacing is alright and bit of bugger for high refresh folks. Other than that there's a lot more dynamism in the effects work here and there as well as quality will more than likely be improved (waste of time trying to look out for it on YouTube footage) but gameplay is obviously going to be largely the same. Still I own GZ on PS3 so it's a monumental upgrade!

Top Bottom