• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

BorntoPlay

Don't.

it's pretty bad online. im assuming you would be playing online because who plays SF by themselves

You missed the daily deal, but it's probably worth waiting till the next sale kicks off before going for it. There's meant to be a new patch coming shortly after the Capcom Cup (December 13th), so you can see what the online play is like then. It's certainly improved a lot since Ultra came out, that's for certain.

Understood, then I wait a little longer, thanks for the tip ..

Chariot

I''m not hiring you even to spy on Xseed in case you accidentally kill somebody, postponing release of SC even more!
That may or may not happened with some games~~~~

What game?
Divinity: OS. It's so easy to accidentally piss people of by grabbing the wrong item (some may be taken, others are considered stealing. It's marked with colors, but there is no confirmation needed) or by walking into a wrong room.

Dr Dogg

I think it should be automaticaly understood that when someone in here professes that a game is THE best, worst, greatest, or insert other intensifier here that it's thier own subjective opinion and not an attack on your own exacting standards. It's cool to like different things, I like lowest common denominator by the numbers games, doesn't mean I'm going to rag on someone who hates them or only likes one man (or non gender defined developer if you will) band type games.

Anywho I'll clamber off my soap box for a sec while I struggle deciding should I wishlist Endless Legend now or throw caution to the wind and buy it within the next 18 hours in panic I might forget at the Winter Seal.

Tellaerin

It's funny how people rip on Skyrim for being boring, while something like Euro Truck Simulator 2 is held in high regard. A simulation where you cruise the highways of Europe in a truck listening to the radio may be engaging to some folks, but I doubt anyone would call it the pinnacle of excitement. Despite that, expressing your love of ETS2 is A-OK around here.

On the other hand, say that you enjoy the game where you roam around picturesque fantasy Scandinavia, poking around in caves, killing monsters and taking their stuff and people will let you know how shitty your taste apparently is.

It just gets a little tedious sometimes. :p

Nzyme32

If a giveaway doesn't say "Free for all" what happens if you enter for more than one game?

I can't remember if it either voids you from the entire giveaway, or just chooses the first entry only. My bad though, I probably should have set it for free for all

Edit - also check back towards the end. I have a funny feeling some games may be left unpicked, in which case, I'll probably pass keys out to who ever is interested regardless of if they already won something or couldn't enter for whatever reason

On the other hand, say that you enjoy the game where you roam around picturesque fantasy Scandinavia, poking around in caves, killing monsters and taking their stuff and people will let you know how shitty your taste apparently is.

But in ETS2 you see tons of different landscapes. In Skyrim everything almost looks the same apart from some key locations.

Arthea

It's funny how people rip on Skyrim for being boring, while something like Euro Truck Simulator 2 is held in high regard. A simulation where you cruise the highways of Europe in a truck listening to the radio may be engaging to some folks, but I doubt anyone would call it the pinnacle of excitement. Despite that, expressing your love of ETS2 is A-OK around here.

I actually didn't mean it to sound it this particular way. We enjoy what we enjoy, sometimes it seems that there isn't even a choice, I can't stand Bethesda combat at all and all games with it, but I totally can understand people having different taste than me, I have lots of friends that like those games, and even some of my family are too much into it, treacherous bastards!
So, enjoy it, and ignore haters ;)

that's most likely longest post I've ever seen!

Why so sudden Cognition giveaways?

Is it on sale somewhere? I'm still missing the last chapter...

It's in the bundle, this one
https://www.indiegala.com/friday

wilflare

anyone got a link to all the screenshots of the Autumn Sale dailies

trying to find out if I missed out on SRIV or Mordor T_T

Anyone knows what happened to Valve VR?

I remember they released some app on the store to show some VR stuff they did or have some VR browser. Cant really remember clearly.

Anything happened to it? Or was it one of the "We start producing something, but wont care about it after releasing it?"

Derp

I just bought Pillars of Eternity and I haven't finished a single player game in god knows how long. I've been playing guacamelee for the past month, Arkham Origins for about 2.

i know that feeling
Reminds me of last year when i started PC gaming and i promised i will finish every game i buy, and that i will rarely buy games. Well that turned out to be complete bullshit. I don't have many games (i mean, most of you guys have hundreds), but a significant amount have barely been touched, and they're really good games (i only buy really good games >.>).

What am i becoming...
Clearly, you're a man of good taste, picking up the best RPG of the year.
Well this makes me feel better about my purchase lol. I'm really excited to play it for some reason. The way i see it is, if this game doesn't make me change my mind and like the turn-based strategy genre, then i don't know what will.

when i found out about truck simulator i googled it and saw videos to see what exactly is the point. i asked folks on twitch but was insulted or banned for trolling. eventually i found out indeed all you do is drive. that game has to be one of the most boring games of my life time. I mean if you like it more power to you but wow is that shit boring.

Dr Dogg

What am i becoming...

One of us!

Hahaha in all seriousness I stopped caring about what I've played let alone beaten over the past couple of years. Christ I've added 230+ games to my Steam account this year alone. I'll get to them at some point or I might try that amitious endurance run idea where I see how long I can go in terms of days and games beat before buying another but I don't let it drag me down or wear it like a badge of shame. I'm normally only pulling the trigger these days because I'm either intrested in a game or it's at a price I'm happy to pay.

fernandes

anyone got a link to all the screenshots of the Autumn Sale dailies

trying to find out if I missed out on SRIV or Mordor T_T

You can check the Steam news page, some of the deals are there. Everything will be on sale again in 2 weeks anyway so it's not a big deal if you missed any of the deals.

Hanzou

The way you prefer to play games of that genre?
If you like a controller, use a controller. If you like kb/m, choose that.
Makes sense, don't it? :p

I thought you had dual 980s or something... so why would you want a 970?
And if it makes you feel any better, I don't own a 9-anything yet.
I ask since skyrim was made with controllers in mind and I thought I remember hearing that the US and game play works better with a controller.

Phinor

Well The Crew unlocked. I already knew what to expect content-wise and it's exactly as I expected. If you played the beta, you know whether you want this game or not. I bought it mainly for the open world driving experience because that's something that hardly exists on PC right now. The driving model isn't exactly iRacing but I feel it's good enough for the game.

But the performance is a very positive surprise compared to the beta. I've everything at maximum @ 1080p, except AA is "only" 4x TXAA and it's pretty much solid 60 fps with a single GTX 970. The only thing that can ruin this is those microtransactions, if they tweaked the game so that you are expected to spend more money on it. No idea about that yet, obviously, as I'm only about 30 minutes into the game.

Spyware

Told myself repeatedly that I wasn't gonna buy anything this sale and save the money for winter sale. Then Wreckfest appeared and people in the sales thread totally sold it. Not for me but as a christmas gift for my SO. He loooooves wreck-y, fun car games so I thought that would suit him. Thanks to everyone who recommended it!

We said we wouldn't wrap Steam games and put them under the tree or keep them in the inventory to give them on Christmas Eve or anything. Just go "hey, that game is on sale, let me buy that for you!" when we saw something fun during the next sale. But I got an idea! I went and bought a common little toy car that I'm gonna totally wreck. Then I'll wrap that wrecked little toy car with a pic of the game :D

I can't remember if it either voids you from the entire giveaway, or just chooses the first entry only. My bad though, I probably should have set it for free for all

Edit - also check back towards the end. I have a funny feeling some games may be left unpicked, in which case, I'll probably pass keys out to who ever is interested regardless of if they already won something or couldn't enter for whatever reason

Thanks! That's nice of you. I've seen a number of giveaways sit for days after the time ends with unclaimed games that I would have loved to take, but couldn't because I already won a game from it.

I guess for now the safe bet is to just enter for one, but choosing which one is the difficult part ;)

Tellaerin

I still haven't started Tomb Raider, so I have no idea what I'm getting into, but for those who have, is the DLC worth picking up? Or should I give it a pass?

Dr Dogg

Well The Crew unlocked. I already knew what to expect content-wise and it's exactly as I expected. If you played the beta, you know whether you want this game or not. I bought it mainly for the open world driving experience because that's something that hardly exists on PC right now. The driving model isn't exactly iRacing but I feel it's good enough for the game.

But the performance is a very positive surprise compared to the beta. I've everything at maximum @ 1080p, except AA is "only" 4x TXAA and it's pretty much solid 60 fps with a single GTX 970. The only thing that can ruin this is those microtransactions, if they tweaked the game so that you are expected to spend more money on it. No idea about that yet, obviously, as I'm only about 30 minutes into the game.

You should check out the OT

Derp

One of us!

Hahaha in all seriousness I stopped caring about what I've played let alone beaten over the past couple of years. Christ I've added 230+ games to my Steam account this year alone. I'll get to them at some point or I might try that amitious endurance run idea where I see how long I can go in terms of days and games beat before buying another but I don't let it drag me down or wear it like a badge of shame. I'm normally only pulling the trigger these days because I'm either intrested in a game or it's at a price I'm happy to pay.
I blame you guys and your damn huge impressive libraries! :p

But yeah i can feel myself getting to that stage where i don't care as much about what i complete or don't complete. But damn that's a lot of games!... Much respect. Especially if you actually get through them all. I wouldn't be able to pull that off at all.

I feel so intimidated by you guys lol!

when i found out about truck simulator i googled it and saw videos to see what exactly is the point. i asked folks on twitch but was insulted or banned for trolling. eventually i found out indeed all you do is drive. that game has to be one of the most boring games of my life time. I mean if you like it more power to you but wow is that shit boring.

I've heard that it's relaxing and a good way to shut your mind off for a bit. Apparently there's a system for improving the business as well, so I think that might be a compelling aspect that helps people enjoy it more.

Np--- the sales dates always get confusing and because there's no encore day it seems, it's even more so -- but since it "ends" on the second, I'm pretty sure that tomorrow at 1pm we will see the return of the weeklong deals with a new midweek madness.

Yeah it's a bit confusing but I need to remember that, thank you again bro :D

Grief.exe

One of us!

Your yearly count us going to pass up my total library!

Top Bottom