• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

Dr Dogg

I'm pretty sure if you want to get a bit technical that there was probably more PC 'exclusives' released this year alone than any console has had in it's entire lifetime. Of course there would be naysayers saying a lot of them don't count and what not.

In other "unfulfilled trolling ideas" news, I was and am incredibly tempted to make a "2015: Year of the PC (Only a small subset of all exclusives)" thread :p
Doo eet!
I agree, that was an extremely disappointing last boss. After beating all those damn dragons and having crafted my ultimate weapons and amors, that fight was a joke.
And I was also expecting something more, instead you start the mission and immediately fight him. No last choices, no sense of urgency, no big emotional reward.

I was a lot more interested in what happened next
with Solas and Flemeth
, but I guess they kept the most interesting parts for the next game :/
I was surprised not many people share the same sentiment, but then again, not many people have beaten the game.

Sini

In other "unfulfilled trolling ideas" news, I was and am incredibly tempted to make a "2015: Year of the PC (Only a small subset of all exclusives)" thread :p

To show how immature PC players are? Sheesh.
We should aim to be better than console warriors.

Momentary

Banned
I'm pretty sure if you want to get a bit technical that there was probably more PC 'exclusives' released this year alone than any console has had in it's entire lifetime. Of course there would be naysayers saying a lot of them don't count and what not.

They have to be AAA or they don't count.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
i'm a little bummed the whole gem thing crashed as it did. I was actually looking forward to using all of these backgrounds & emotes I collected from all of these badges I had crafted over time (ended up with a little over 15,000 gems without buying any bags) to get some obscure games I was interested in. But now so many people have so many more than I do with the market crash and dupe exploit, and though I had a lot of pages of stuff I crafted it feels like I'm dirt poor and playing fair isn't really possible. I can't think of how Valve is going to handle this, and it's almost saddening the people who are hurt the most from this are probably going to be those who played legitimately and crafted badges and such over time. Ah well.

Spares:

ModBot said:
Instructions for Kurt Russell:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Deep Eclipse: New Space Odyssey -- MB-15589F67985D959D
Yury -- MB-96F10703E0A2CD92 - Taken by Woody Invincible. 5 entrants total.
ETHERLORDS I & II -- MB-884C78ADA1EDD698 - Taken by Abomination. 2 entrants total.
Space Hack -- MB-4324A311E397D8BF
Wickland -- MB-FB48CE34907AF9AD - Taken by darkchewie. 2 entrants total.
CRASH TIME 2 -- MB-BE419D66AFD8524B

t1418397166z1.png

JustinBB7

Guys, guys!

What if...

Valve makes...

Steam Stone!

Idle/Buy/Trade steam trading cards and fight other players in a card game!

I actually kinda want this..

Copons

Durante could you please wait until tonight? I'm about to do some stuff and I won't be able to check the breakdown in real time. :D

Haunted

This might come across as trollish, but I think a PC exclusive thread isn't feasible compared to console exclusive threads because it's too much work to compile.

Durante

This might come across as trollish, but I think a PC exclusive thread isn't feasible compared to console exclusive threads because it's too much work to compile.
That's a pretty big part of the reason I didn't do it, yeah.

And why I came up with the subtitle/joke in the first place. No one knows all the PC exclusives that will release in 2015.

Mini Review of Lara Croft Temple of Osiris

I didn't finish it yet but I'm pretty close and don't really feel like playing it anymore. This is all single player, so co-op might be different.

- Looks alright but doesn't run very well on my system (2500k + GTX670). GPU is almost never below 80% load even on low settings and the framerate stutters all the time. Might be my system or outdated drivers, but I didn't feel like investigating it.
- Plays pretty much identical to GoL. Press switches, pull levers, kill enemies, push and bomb around large spheres. Only this time with a magic staff that can influence the environment (pretty much "press L2 to raise platforms") and shoot a beam of light (expect lots of mirror puzzles) instead of the spear of GoL. I prefer the spear. Puzzles are alright but nothing special.
- As other people said it can be quite short, depending on how you play. This can be extended by completing the challenges each level offers (speedrun, score run, kill enemy by doing "x", don't get hit n section "y" and so on). Each challenge rewards you with equipment or upgrades, which is nice, but..
- The weapons and equipment are useless. I played the entire game so far with the SMG that I got at the very start, with no reason to ever change it. Weapons that I got afterwards either had slower rate of fire or consumed too much ammunition to be a worthwhile upgrade. The combat was not once difficult in any way. Only died by jumping into holes or spikes.
- The rest of the equipment comes in the form of rings and amulets with randomized attributes (think Diablo). You get those by completing challenges or opening chests. Chests are practically everywhere and cost different amounts of gems to open (100, 250, 500 or 1000), with "better" equipment in the more expensive ones (Common, Uncommon and Rare). The chests stay and can be openened mutiple times for more random loot. Weird system. They offer passive upgrades like higher damage, defense or rate of fire, but are completely unnecessary. I pretty much used a damage+ and a rate of fire+ from the start and that was all I needed.
- No comment on the story because I skipped everything. Seemed terrible. The only interaction I had with the other 3 characters was them standing at the beginning and end of every level saying things like "Hey Lara can I have some of that treasure" and Lara being like "Nah sorry I found it". It's strange.

Probably a good game to buy on sale and play in co-op, since I assume the puzzles will get more interesting that way. Not worth 20€. Thanks for the refund and free rental GG.

milena87

Incoming "The Real Ending" DLC, suggested price 9.99€.

The game actually does end and most things get resolved either in game or in the epilogue slides.
It's just that I find the foreshadowing for what will come next much more interesting than what we did in Inquisition. But I've always liked that particolar part of the lore since DAO, so I might be biased.

They'll certainly make DLCs (no expansions, though), but I hope not about what we saw after the epilogue... that is too interesting to be wasted on DLCs.

Knurek

That's a pretty big part of the reason I didn't do it, yeah.

And why I came up with the subtitle/joke in the first place. No one knows all the PC exclusives that will release in 2015.

Will we get a The (many) RPGs of 2015 - this is the year thread at least?

Durante

Will we get a The (many) RPGs of 2015 - this is the year thread at least?
I'm still thinking about it. It's so much work.

Maybe I'll just do a table for all and only write blurbs and post pictures about the ones that interest me. People seem to be against parity these days anyway.

pahamrick

A little something something for anyone who doesn't already have it, garbage style.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Nuclear Dawn -- MB-8285C3BBF0F019CD - Taken by Widdly Scuds

Zafir

Doo eet!
I was surprised not many people share the same sentiment, but then again, not many people have beaten the game.
I wasn't even bothered about the anti climactic ending. What I was bothered by was how short the main story was.
Corypheus
was revealed pretty epicly and he's got so much power. Yet you only really stop his plans twice(
palace and the wardens
before you finally start to go after him and even that's only one dungeon and a battle. I kind of expected more little battles to reduce his strength.

That all said I still really enjoyed the game despite it.

Maniac

Banned
I'm still mad that DA:I went the Skyrim route.

Skyrim isn't that bad, though. The world was more like that of Two Worlds 2, big, empty, purdy lookin' and overall abysmal and boring.

Two Worlds had better combat though.

But anyway, I feel like quest or story wise, it was the exact opposite of Skyrim - the only interesting stuff was the main questline and some of the companion / advisor quests, whereas in Skyrim the companion quests and main questline was some of the most boring stuff in the game.
For me DA:I is BioWare's recent efforts from both the DA and ME franchises distilled down into one homogenised entity (well that's either good or bad depending on your point of view). Though the way I see it, as just a snack for some of the big boys coming out next year.

Or more along the lines of DA:I is like a buffet where you have lots of small appealing little side dishes, canapes and entrees but as a whole the meal is rather unfulfilling and if left alone for a while each element goes stale. Where as any flipping Obsidian game is like a banquet fit for Henry VIII with a choice of starters, a great big hog roast for the main course, piles of fruit for dessert and all surrounded by complementary foodstuffs. Of course once you've binged out of that you can feel a little sick.

Well that was a rather odd analogy.
'Rather odd' doesn't cover it.

It was pretty fantastic, even if it was whacky.

Knurek

I'm still thinking about it. It's so much work.

Maybe I'll just do a table for all and only write blurbs and post pictures about the ones that interest me. People seem to be against parity these days anyway.

Crowdsource the entries that doesn't interest you, simple as that. :)
I'm sure some people will want to do a Neptunia Steam port write-up. :)

Monooboe

Ok now I officially have no clue as to what games I have on Steam, I bought the Meridian4 bundle on Groupees but all the games I chose I actually had already... except two_O_O

Dr Dogg

Pfft who want's new games. Right now on GOG you can get Syndicate, Syndicate Wars, Dungeon Keeper 1 & 2 and Theme Hospital for £3.95. Of course I'm twiddling my thumbs hoping the Ultima pack pops up again due to umming and ahhing yet again but have the urge to playthrough VII again.

I wasn't even bothered about the anti climactic ending. What I was bothered by was how short the main story was.
Corypheus
was revealed pretty epicly and he's got so much power. Yet you only really stop his plans twice(
palace and the wardens
before you finally start to go after him and even that's only one dungeon and a battle. I kind of expected more little battles to reduce his strength.

That all said I still really enjoyed the game despite it.
Indeed, the progress Inquisition had was ridiculous, everything was going too smoothly. How the big bad with an epic reveal
went from a being came very close to achieve Godhood, to an idiot throwing himself against the Inquisition in desperation in such a short time is beyond me

Arthea

Pfft who want's new games. Right now on GOG you can get Syndicate, Syndicate Wars, Dungeon Keeper 1 & 2 and Theme Hospital for £3.95. Of course I'm twiddling my thumbs hoping the Ultima pack pops up again due to umming and ahhing yet again but have the urge to playthrough VII again.

the do Ultima pack these days, like full pack? That's awesome if true, I'm bought them in chunks. Like 3 games a pack or something along those lines, except for latest three.

baterism

Speaking of console exclusive, N highscool looks pretty cool. Not the upskirt shot part, but the open world seaside town and fishing part. I'm sucker for beach and blue sky.
Chance of it translated to English, little bit lower than getting three foils on one booster.
Chance of it ported to PC, about the same with finding living dinosaurs.

This is NeoGAF, believe.

Dr Dogg

the do Ultima pack these days, like full pack? That's awesome if true, I'm bought them in chunks. Like 3 games a pack or something along those lines, except for latest three.

I think you get 1+2+3, 4+5+6, 7, 8 and 9 and maybe Underworld 1+2. It popped up as a daily during the Fall sale and was less than a fiver for all of them so if it was just the three trilogies it's still a great deal.

Ok, what happens now with the auctions / gems?

I took 180+ items from my inventory, converted them to gems, and used them to place bids in the holiday game auction. Now thats all gone. I'm slightly annoyed. Will i get the gems back? Will I be able to use them for the auctions? Are the auctions coming back? If not, will my items I used to create the gems reappear?

I think that wording is just bad. They aren't going to bring back GFWL. They are probably going to talk about DX12, and maybe some ports of old console titles.

Ok, what happens now with the auctions / gems?

I took 180+ items from my inventory, converted them to gems, and used them to place bids in the holiday game auction. Now thats all gone. I'm slightly annoyed. Will i get the gems back? Will I be able to use them for the auctions? Are the auctions coming back? If not, will my items I used to create the gems reappear?

I think that wording is just bad. They aren't going to bring back GFWL. They are probably going to talk about DX12, and maybe some ports of old console titles.

No none knows yet. I'm sure they're looking for a way to fix it without screwing anyone.
Also, about the gaming on windows thing, it's not even the direct quote

it's time for us to talk about gaming on Windows.
Sure, why not. Sounds reasonable.

my sack is on the market
just keep them well heated or you'll loose possible market volume..

..hehe
...veggie would have seen right through my dirty joke. youre no fun marg :(
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
-
Jørdan;142954645 said:
Gems removed from inventory, about £1.20 worth that I bought from the market.
So people actually lost money cause of yesterdays economical experiment?
Almost feel like I dodged a bullet by not getting any sacks... almost :/
-
Once again, Australia disappoints
Portugal too, goddamn it you had one job :(
jokes on you
looks like my entity covers all the bases :3
-
Its my 25th Birthday today so time to dump all my spare keys.
Happy barfday!
-
A thread could be put out without any trolling though. Just needs a bit delicacy.

Wasn't there just recently a thread about omg-ps4-haz-teh-indiz? Just package it as heads-up/easily-missable games thread?!

Top Bottom