• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

Plus that it's basically old L4D with new models localized for a different market.

Yep, it's based on L4D2. Same levels too, though they seems to have some slight changes.

I've seen some character customization (new costumes and stuff like that) in a video though. Kinda hope L4D3 will have that too.

Lomax

Hrrrm. What'd I miss, after the market meltdown? There's like 800 posts that I skipped, cause, well... ain't nobody got time for dat.

There we go... much better.

On that we agree, I'd buy Killer Instinct on PC day one full price without hesitation. Hell I'd probably buy whatever super deluxe full of meaningless bonuses version they could come up with.

Arthea

Indiegala Paradoxical bundle

1$ for
A Game Of Dwarves
Leviathan Warships

$3.99 for
Sword OF The Stars Complete Collection
Majesty Gold HD
Knights Of Honor

not sure if posted
gamersgate has 2K bundles as special for today, which seem to me unreasonably expensive, but then it's 2K sale we are all starving for, no? (><)
and Codemasters sale

Yep, it's based on L4D2. Same levels too, though they seems to have some slight changes.

I've seen some character customization (new costumes and stuff like that) in a video though. Kinda hope L4D3 will have that too.

L4D3? Isn't that supposed to come out, y'know, after Episode 3/HL3?

MUnited83

For you.
I still have Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris in my account despite the GamersGate refund. Has anyone had theirs removed yet?

It will take a while before that happens. Gamersgate needs to send the key list to the publishers, then the publishers need to request the revoking of the keys to Valve, which can take a bit. You will probably have a whole week or two before it gets removed.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Lots of stuff! Free for all, first come first served.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 53 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (jshackles, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

One Day for Ched -- MB-4E9E4E67ECC1C2A0
Gearcrack Arena -- MB-2144EEC68D5269A6 - Taken by Purkake4
Blast Em -- MB-63A3680CCB7C03DE
The Makers Eden -- MB-5B8C23D72377B7A3
Crystals of Time -- MB-DD4D0A15DF5197C3 - Taken by skullmuffins
The Journey Down Chapter One -- MB-87ECBBB9ADFC48A1 - Taken by Madridista
Pretentious Game -- MB-F94044A2E651FAE1 - Taken by rainking187
Gumboy Tournament -- MB-3EEF5571C9EB9328
BlackSoul Extended Edition -- MB-5C7564BF5318E271
Motte Island -- MB-C8F5FD7258892370
Sinister City -- MB-CE2E902E079A4D8C
God Mode -- MB-F0FBE13C117E208D - Taken by Deques
Time Ramesside -- MB-C073842EA5741CEF
AVSEQ -- MB-820F85FD57F90972
Nightmares from the Deep The Cursed Heart -- MB-7CC8B97240CBAD16 - Taken by someguyinahat
The Witches Yarn -- MB-E3C719C3AE5DE87D - Taken by Bayonetta
Mr Bree -- MB-B7DE425623B5A4C8
Data Hacker Initiation -- MB-27926A78BDAB07F4
Yury -- MB-64B1259B26106AA7 - Taken by DarKshodaN
Dungeons The Eye of Draconus -- MB-9B78D0F7CD9F2044 - Taken by Annubis
Lilly Looking Through -- MB-36032821E2E84BAF - Taken by HeebieJeebies
Muffin Knight -- MB-1508F0D655113396 - Taken by cicero
Mechanic Escape -- MB-D2929F653BE8DC33 - Taken by NihonTiger90
Doctor Who The Adventure Games -- MB-B7F0968B31987935 - Taken by crimsonheadGCN
Super Trench Attack -- MB-66702B82D0B3EE12 - Taken by DaBargainHunta
Nightmares from the Deep The Sirens Call -- MB-AA398DDCD2D6CA87 - Taken by someguyinahat
FlyN -- MB-06DA2A2168DFDF66 - Taken by D3RANG3D
Depth Hunter 2 Deep Dive -- MB-DAF2B2CC1884DF10
Cognition Episode One -- MB-CA6B778E1B1B8A8C
Day One Garrys Incident -- MB-4730A9EC6F940826 - Taken by PunishedSnake
Speedball 2 HD -- MB-826759D16BA64A7E - Taken by r3n4ud
Abyss The Wraiths of Eden -- MB-6DCCBA00DBFE37ED - Taken by someguyinahat
International Snooker -- MB-EBE7963226189595 - Taken by dave is ok
IHF Handball Challenge 12 -- MB-1516C3023EF03042
Lifeless Planet -- MB-E7BC6017BC8EFD1E - Taken by Jadax
The Chaos Engine -- MB-50A38A39676622CE - Taken by S1n1st3r
TEC 3001 -- MB-109A3D99A97E2030 - Taken by billmcdougal
Aces Wild Manic Brawling Action -- MB-45974DD061D58300 - Taken by AsylumX
Sweet Lily Dreams -- MB-61145373A2BB6737
The Slaughtering Grounds -- MB-6464BB53CFC4DE7B - Taken by alr1ght
Hero Siege -- MB-39AFB0278B938503 - Taken by Widdly Scuds
Ancients of Ooga -- MB-AB7BC34C014582E8 - Taken by Abomination
Murder Miners -- MB-74E4F8280684A406
Sequence -- MB-736A8C3D9984E115
Rush For Glory -- MB-08B95BA830F0EAD2 - Taken by dave is ok
Hamlet -- MB-CF1E280C2294A658 - Taken by PunishedSnake
Toxic Bunny HD -- MB-4BE5A6D9ECA12601
The Campaign Series Fall Weiss -- MB-A47352F8D5D04424
They Breathe -- MB-0E660420A7F775E4
Mata Hari -- MB-900251B2EC76EAF9 - Taken by Anteater

Knurek

Game 108 of the year done: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes
sherlockk5dha.png

Hmm, this is pretty much a casual HOPA game (a bit more advanced, with additional logic puzzles akin to Artifex Mundi games, but still, casual to the max) with some definitely non-casual production values (not on par with 500+ people Ubiproduction, but getting there).
I mean, character models other than the main pair were atrocious (especially the kids reading the story), but the background artwork is great (even if it's just scans of real-life objects for the most part). Nice music and some decent VA as well.
Pity the whole game wasn't made in the visual style of the credits - sure as hell would enjoy it better this way...
Oh well, back to Deadalic games I guess.

It took almost a month to remove the Warlock 2 keys, I'd expect it may take them a while to do.

It will take a while before that happens. Gamersgate needs to send the key list to the publishers, then the publishers need to request the revoking of the keys to Valve, which can take a bit. You will probably have a whole week or two before it gets removed.

Dang. I guess at least it gives me time to play it before it's removed.

Heck, I haven't even had my money refunded. I must be in the clear!

I'm shaking my fist at you furiously.

Game 108 of the year done!
sherlockk5dha.png

Hmm, this is pretty much a casual HOPA game (a bit more advanced, with additional logic puzzles akin to Artifex Mundi games, but still, casual to the max) with some definitely non-casual production values (not on par with 500+ people Ubiproduction, but getting there).
I mean, character models other than the main pair were atrocious (especially the kids reading the story), but the background artwork is great (even if it's just scans of real-life objects for the most part). Nice music and some decent VA as well.
Pity the whole game wasn't made in the visual style of the credits - sure as hell would enjoy it better this way...
Oh well, back to Deadalic games I guess.

At many offices, a lot of image links get blocked, so I'm not even sure what game you're talking about :p

Why can't I install Super Trench Attack?

Its in my account as "complimentary", but it does'nt install.

I even tried steam://install/311870 in browser.

It just briefly flashes "scanning for updates" for a split second and then nothing happens.

Dr Dogg

Asset quality for FF XIII-2 is all over the place. Some stuff like character textures scrub up reasonably well but some of the skybox textures... *bluuuurrrgghhh*. Doesn't help that you get them smack bang in your face for the 'Serah staring into the sky lost in thought flashback' sequences where videos play in the sky.

Lomax

Spellforce complete on GMG for $5 ($4 with voucher) is pretty tempting, if for no other reason than I still have a boxed copy on my shelf that I never played.
Yes my problem with buying cheap games and never playing them started long before Steam.

Durante

Asset quality for FF XIII-2 is all over the place. Some stuff like character textures scrub up reasonably well but some of the skybox textures... *bluuuurrrgghhh*. Doesn't help that you get them smack bang in your face for the 'Serah staring into the sky lost in thought flashback' sequences where videos play in the sky.
It's the same for FF13 though really.

I had fun playing the game of "take screenshots which are least affected by low-qulity assets". This is one of my favourites in that regard:

Looks like a game full of environmental clutter, polygonal detail and high-res environment textures in that. All of which it is decidedly not.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Heh. No one's going to be eligible for my giveaway at this rate. :D

thats why you dont do those giveaways. youre like Vince McMahon and im like TriplH

thats why NXT shits all over normal WWE. because of people like you and vince

Top Bottom