• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

Vastag

I really don't think this will find an audience on Steam...

ss_d151176a848d46b9c712b134c1d612ec8eb5fef8.600x338.jpg

ss_a5ce0f106807804e58b6408b36b8618bab5101c0.600x338.jpg

Damn, all the nostalgia. I put too many hours in MUDs in my teens.

Toki767

thats why you dont do those giveaways. youre like Vince McMahon and im like TriplH

thats why NXT shits all over normal WWE. because of people like you and vince

Isn't it the other way around? You give quantity like Vince and I give quality like HHH.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Lomax

Woah. I just don't see how they can do it now, given the amount of boosters generated and cards sold. Last night they had a window for it, but now... yeah. Best bet would be to reset the whole system to before the gems started, but could they even do that?

Edit: If they literally just do this and don't change anything else, essentially we'll all just be getting a bunch of free Steam credit.

Dr Dogg

It's the same for FF13 though really.

I had fun playing the game of "take screenshots which are least affected by low-qulity assets". This is one of my favourites in that regard:

Looks like a game full of environmental clutter, polygonal detail and high-res environment textures in that. All of which it is decidedly not.

Hahaha very true. Aesthetically both XIII and XIII-2 have some great scenery that if you can catch them at the right angle look stunning. I only managed the first sort of level of Lightning Returns
and the bit where you meet Hope and I think they said god
but I think that's going to take a bit more than a massive resolution bump, AA and some aniso to get the best out of it. But then again I might actually finish it when it comes to PC.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Isn't it the other way around? You give quantity like Vince and I give quality like HHH.

quality? I would do a myloot but Im too lazy. so have a prince devittFinn Balor gif instead

JKaTmEe.gif

D

Deleted member 144138

Unconfirmed Member
Is there any difference between SS2 on Steam and GOG? 99c is ridiculously cheap :)

cicero

Spellforce complete on GMG for $5 ($4 with voucher) is pretty tempting, if for no other reason than I still have a boxed copy on my shelf that I never played.
Yes my problem with buying cheap games and never playing them started long before Steam.

Thank you for mentioning this!

Spellforce Complete $49.99 $4.99 90% off
SpellForce 1 Platinum
SpellForce 2 Gold
SpellForce 2 Faith in Destiny Digital Deluxe version
SpellForce 2 - Faith in Destiny Scenario 1: Flink's Secret Diary
SpellForce 2 - Faith in Destiny Scenario 2: The Golden Fool
SpellForce 2 - Faith in Destiny Scenario 3: The Last Stand

20% off code: 726B15-MPNMO3-FJLGSJ

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/rpgs/spellforce-complete/

Lomax

No, for several legal reasons.

There's no legal impediment so long as everyone who put money into the system gets a full refund. They aren't legally required to not be inconvenient, just to not cause malicious damage.

Thank you for mentioning this!

Spellforce Complete $49.99 $4.99 90% off
SpellForce 1 Platinum
SpellForce 2 Gold
SpellForce 2 Faith in Destiny Digital Deluxe version
SpellForce 2 - Faith in Destiny Scenario 1: Flink's Secret Diary
SpellForce 2 - Faith in Destiny Scenario 2: The Golden Fool
SpellForce 2 - Faith in Destiny Scenario 3: The Last Stand

20% off code: 726B15-MPNMO3-FJLGSJ

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/rpgs/spellforce-complete/

Looking at this I realized it isn't quite "complete" as it doesn't include Demons of the Past, which is on sale for $2 by itself right now. I'll probably just get the Spellforce 2 gold for $1.49 as I already have the first ones and don't care that much about the Faith in Destiny expansion.

nothing involving cards or boosters? I'm ok with this.

Ya'll should've laundered your gems better.

True, if they just reverse the gem purchases then I let 95k gems go to waste. But I'll still come out like $5 ahead so, yay? I guess.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
If that statement is true word by word, I'll get all the money I spent on Gem sacks back and I'll get to keep my badges and stuff? Correct me if I'm wrong... and wow, extra profit out of nowhere...

I was kind of wondering the same thing. They didn't really word this explanation very well - what happens to the gems we used to make booster packs? Do we get them back?

Started playing WOLFENSTEIN: NEW ORDER. Pretty awesome so far. It's very close to "ugh, same old shooter" tropes but it constantly finds a way to get away from that. Interestingly the storyline is the most interesting thing so far. Plus it looks awesome on Ultra.

Also tried broadcasting and it seems to work very well too.

nothing involving cards or boosters? I'm ok with this.

Ya'll should've laundered your gems better.

I've got 8 badges ready to go for the sale thanks mostly to laundering gems, and hopefully I can get a few more with some 1:1 trades (several games have 4/5 with a duplicate card or two.) If they reimburse my gem purchases, that's fine, as long as they don't remove my cards.

I was kind of wondering the same thing. They didn't really word this explanation very well - what happens to the gems we used to make booster packs? Do we get them back?

I'm assuming they just want to fix the gem economy, so everything that was already crafted and sold as cards will stay as is. I don't think that had a huge impact on anything in the long run because of the limit. Just the huge number of cheap sacks that were sold as result of the glitch will be refunded.

Annubis

There's no legal impediment so long as everyone who put money into the system gets a full refund. They aren't legally required to not be inconvenient, just to not cause malicious damage.

Well, you used the word reset.
Paying back customers to negate sell is not a reset, it's an amendment.

Basically, they need to keep everything that happened logged for audit reasons.
Whatever they choose to do after is fine since they administer the marketplace (and we all agree to it each time we sell/buy)
Of course, all of that needs to be logged too.

Started playing WOLFENSTEIN: NEW ORDER. Pretty awesome so far. It's very close to "ugh, same old shooter" tropes but it constantly finds a way to get away from that. Interestingly the storyline is the most interesting thing so far. Plus it looks awesome on Ultra.

Also tried broadcasting and it seems to work very well too.

Nearing the end of it myself, and it's a bell shaped curve of quality stuff. It starts slow, then gets better, gets great, then becomes more of a bore as the stages become more narrow and you've just about earned all the perks you care for.

If i had to be super reductive about it, i'd say that it starts off COD2, becomes Riddick in the middle, then it's BLOPS2 (or CODAW but without the mobility) at the end.

Benedict

This might be way way OT, but regarding the discussions about the fallin rubel and cheap games.
Is there any way I can get a cheap copy of AgiSoft Photoscan somehow?
Any russian resellers that might sell it online or similar?

Top Bottom