• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

Anyone know of any other 80 gem emotes/background? Keep searching around for some.

I got rid of most of my emotes because it looks like they save now. Can still use them in chat after acquiring them once.

:deer: - Alan Wake
:currency: - Medi 2 Total War

Alahan Lanscape - Aarklash Legacy
Arkham City by Night - Arkham City GOTY
World Order - Deus Ex HR

Prices seem be be rising rapidly on 80 gem items. I imagine 60 gem items at 4c will be better soon.

_hekk05

Banned
:deer: - Alan Wake
:currency: - Medi 2 Total War

Alahan Lanscape - Aarklash Legacy
Arkham City by Night - Arkham City GOTY
World Order - Deus Ex HR

Prices seem be be rising rapidly on 80 gem items. I imagine 60 gem items at 4c will be better soon.

60 gem items are already reaching 5 cents each. Market is going haywire

I haven't seen such madness since summer sale lol

_hekk05

Banned
Every time some kind of deal gets announced on a site on the internet, people descend on it like locusts ;)

lol I'm not even gaming the market right now. I've spent all my dough on backgrounds and gems and I'm going to aim to craft badges.

Probably going to spend about 60 cents to craft maybe 8 badges

Worth it

Jørdan

jsjyExt.png

Went all in with the 80 gems I have, seems we got some jokers at the table.

yuraya

AcclaimedQuickAgouti.gif

3 little windows in the back
3 Elves
3 different presents going across
3 roller wheels on the conveyor belt
3 auction hands on the bottom

Nordicus

Jørdan;143099497 said:
jsjyExt.png

Went all in with the 80 gems I have, seems we got some jokers at the table.
On a lot of indie games with zero to little buzz it looks like that even when top bids are in the thousands.

That said, you gotta wonder how many of those bids are sort of "bookmark bids" and they'll only really start putting gems in once the first round's end comes close

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of ReduxMachine, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (ReduxMachine, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Euro Truck Simulator 2 -- MB-3433F75ABB6107AF - Taken by OFFIS. 11 entrants total.
Soundoger Plus -- MB-F2E418C5FF93A4EB - Taken by dot. 5 entrants total.
The Last Remnant -- MB-9F5B388330A909CC - Taken by someguyinahat. 23 entrants total.
Risk of Rain -- MB-E4ED513B43DF03DE - Taken by factorone. 2 entrants total.
SteamWorld Dig -- MB-09F788DAD425AF5E - Taken by skullmuffins. 12 entrants total.
One Way Heroics -- MB-D69D3C1632130043 - Taken by NightmareTrigger. 1 entrants total.
NiGHTS Into Dreams -- MB-8CB12A896D7A3288 - Taken by Christopher Mackenzie. 7 entrants total.
Really Big Sky -- MB-76091773AECC4547 - Taken by chronomac. 1 entrants total.
FEZ -- MB-ABCCA210E9711F2C - Taken by TheLight. 2 entrants total.

t1418456865z1.png

Backlogger

Maybe its because I had a busy work week and I'm tired, but the effort of this meta game doesnt seem worth it at all, especially when looking at where the bids are at on the games. Only seems worth it if you want to craft a bunch of badges and/or just sell your gems. Am I missing some amazing deal by not caring about this?

Bigby

Wow, I just noticed that Holiday Profile will expire. Why not make it unusable until next Christmas?

People are just crazy.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe its because I had a busy work week and I'm tired, but the effort of this meta game doesnt seem worth it at all, especially when looking at where the bids are at on the games. Only seems worth it if you want to craft a bunch of badges and/or just sell your gems. Am I missing some amazing deal by not caring about this?

At this point, probably not. If you're already invested in gems, you can still probably get some nice boosters, especially for games with anime graphics like the Agarest games. If you haven't already, there's little point to start now, especially since emotes and backgrounds are still rising in price. Crafting badges is worth it if you're planning on crafting a bunch because each badge crafted will drop a winter sale card, so it saves a bit of money when crafting them.

Also, you can't sell gems anymore :p

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Wow, I just noticed that Holiday Profile will expire. Why not make it unusable until next Christmas?

People are just crazy.

I find the January 16 expiry date a little odd. At the very least it should expire a month after the auction period ends (i.e. the 18th).

Jørdan

On a lot of indie games with zero to little buzz it looks like that even when top bids are in the thousands.

That said, you gotta wonder how many of those bids are sort of "bookmark bids" and they'll only really start putting gems in once the first round's end comes close

You make a good point, we have a few days to go 'till the first round and that is a convenient way to track games of interest. I have no doubt that far larger bids will be made as the 15th approaches, feel a little bad for the devs of the games currently neglected though.

Edit: Unless their planning to make a thing of it or it's the fleeting nature that is attractive they could have just set it so it stays but only shows during the Christmas/winter period. So the profiles would pop up for use next year around this time till January again.

Toki767

I spent about $1 buying cards to craft the holiday badge. Crafted the badge and got a foil. Sold foil for $1.50. Profited and now I don't need to bother with the holiday event.

Jørdan

I'm all in on Braid. Also, got an email today with a job offer for a job I was hoping to get, so there's that!

Congrats and best of luck!

With trading restricted for a month or whatever is it still possible to use your own email address and copy the activation link to put into modbot?

Amzin

hmm. I could maybe get Sherlock: C&P for cheaper than cash if I go through the auction... but then again, it might backfire. So hard to tell.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Jørdan;143102971 said:
With trading restricted for a month or whatever is it still possible to use your own email address and copy the activation link to put into modbot?

Yes. Trading and gifting are two distinct things -- you can't trade away the item until 30 days have passed since the purchase date but you can gift it to somebody at any time. That's what I've been saying the restriction doesn't really change anything for those who prefer to pay via PayPal.

Nordicus

Jørdan;143102410 said:
You make a good point, we have a few days to go 'till the first round and that is a convenient way to track games of interest. I have no doubt that far larger bids will be made as the 15th approaches, feel a little bad for the devs of the games currently neglected though.
Yeah, I initially spread myself really thin, into 50 different games with mainly 50-600 gem bids based on how much I wanted it, and then started trimming lost causes once some of the more popular ones, like Divinity: OS, got so many high bids that I was knocked off of the top 100 even if I raised my offer a bunch.

There are cases like Max: The Curse of Brotherhood, where I'm still hanging on with a 50 gem bid when top one is 5k+

Jørdan

Yeah, I initially spread myself really thin, into 50 different games with mainly 50-600 gem bids based on how much I wanted it, and then started trimming lost causes once some of the more popular ones, like Divinity: OS, got so many high bids that I was knocked off of the top 100 even if I raised my offer a bunch.

There are cases like Max: The Curse of Brotherhood, where I'm still hanging on with a 50 gem bid when top one is 5k+

There are a few that piqued my interest obviously yet realistically I can rule out all but a few that I would have the remotest chance in competing for. I'm simply unable or unwilling to put down the kind cash you'd need to be successful in many of these cases. What's more, the one game I really covet isn't even in the bloody auction!

_hekk05

Banned
Is there a quick way to turn 100 pages of cards into gems?

You can git gud and program an autoclicker. Just leave a reliable amount of time in between each click to wait for steam to load properly.

noob version is to just open a new window and have multiple tabs of your inventory. Cycle through your tabs converting each background 1 by one. By the time you go through all the tabs (ctrl+tab), the first tab should have re-loaded.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
The latest version of Enhanced Steam adds a one-click button, which is as good a solution as you're going to get.

I'm glad people are getting some mileage out of that one, I was worried when they took the auction down a few hours after I developed it. I released the latest version before it came back, so I was worried that maybe they changed something with the layout that'd cause that not to work any more. I'm glad it worked out - it saves a crap ton of clicks.

Also, I just played the first 2 chapters of Final Fantasy XIII and I'm loving it so far, despite the combat just now opening up to the point of having paradigms. I had gotten a little farther than this on the PS3 version a few years ago before I gave up - chapter 3 or 4 I think so I'm on my way. The PC version ran and looked great, no crashes or weird bugs.

Top Bottom