• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

Pupo

I missed out on buying cheap background then, some probably made decent money for the sale from this haha. Still have enough to get booster packs worth a decent amount though, seems way easier to get a game this way then doing the bidding.

I made 5 bucks the first night =d

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
wait that image is from GOG.... I thought it was some leaked steam sale picture. I would ask "why the fuck are you posting that here" but why bother

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Okay, so is it safe to play Dark Souls on Steam right now when it comes to saves? I'm under the impression that my save would be tied to GFWL and could get lost in the transition to Steamworks but maybe I'm just dumb / confused.

I would only get the anomaly games (that im missing) from that picture. Banished refuses to do 75% and I refuse to buy it in response
XxfFDUR.png
Now imagine the russian price with a discount. I'll wager we'll get about 50-66% in winter.
That'd be less than 3€!

I watched some videos from Banished and it looks like the good type of micro-management. Would get it when <2&#8364; via putin.

A similar game would be:

Also focuses about a small number of villagers instead of a megacity.

Dr Dogg

How much did you pony up for this?

Right I'll get them out the way so no one else has to.

I'm sure he got it for a stable price. You'd have to be a neigh-sayer to think crafting badges is wrong. Then again it might be to stirrup the thread. Right I should really put this post out to pasture now that that it went on furlong.

Turfster

Right I'll get them out the way so no one else has to.

I'm sure he got it for a stable price. You'd have to be a neigh-sayer to think crafting badges is wrong. Then again it might be to stirrup the thread. Right I should really put this post out to pasture now that that it went on furlong.

I like you. Also, make sure it doesn't foal down into a hole.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Waifu cards are still pretty high up. Instead of sorting by set price, sort of card average.

the disney games cards sell nicely

speaking of disney games, I noticed that the lego star wars games finally dropped down from 29.99 to 19.99. now they just need to have a proper sale so I can own all the lego games >_>

Where is my Wolfenstein deal? I've been itching for a shooter lately.

If you have a PS4, it's $15 at Amazon. Last PC deal on this was the day before Black Friday where it was around $16 over at GMG. I'm pretty sure some store will have it cheap when Wolfenstein becomes a daily deal during the Steam Holidays event.

Dr Dogg

I like you. Also, make sure it doesn't foal down into a hole.

I had a load more lined up but I hope that nipped that horsing around in the bud.

Where is my Wolfenstein deal? I've been itching for a shooter lately.

3D, RTCW, 09, TNO? There was a Classic FPS pack on GOG a while ago.

the disney games cards sell nicely

speaking of disney games, I noticed that the lego star wars games finally dropped down from 29.99 to 19.99. now they just need to have a proper sale so I can own all the lego games >_>

This sale Rhaknar, believe!!! Just Star Wars and the Indy games (plus Batman 3 if it goes on offer) and I'll have the set.

ExoSoul

Banned
Well, the beta is used to test new characters and balance changes while the "Skullgirls" entry is the newest stable patch.
So it's fine to mess around with the beta but I should focus on the regular entry?
I'm just making sure cause on consoles there were two different games due to licencing.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Blades of Time -- MB-E47676125F69D893 - Taken by nja

Check my post above re different people have different ways of perceiving value.

It's the whole supermarket thing of 3 for the price of 2. Sure that sounds like a sweet deal but if you only wanted 1 item and that's what you budgeted for then you're spending more than you planned. Now of course that's different say with buying 12 pints of milk when you'd only use 4 before they all go off and acquiring more games than you can play as the only expiry is the sub length but if you could either buy outright the game you wanted for the price of your sub and then get a load of extra stuff you didn't want, let alone need then the value proposition has changed. I see a lot of people equating that they see good value in it so therefore judge the service on their own perception and not take into account other peoples positions. What's even more bizarre is how hostile some get if you dare question their interpretation of value for PS+. But hey I'm not surprised when there are folks who throw their toys out the pram when a certain game doesn't obtain a certain review score for the press despite them not playing it and the score being just a part of the reviewers subjective opinion.

In regards to Steam you can kind of look at it as a free service but for full access you need to buy some games or software. Steam Cloud Saves are free, as is the community features like chat, screenshot hosting, discussion boards, the market and so on as well as the client features like In Home Streaming and now Broadcasting but to get the most out of that you need games. Where PS+ and Xbox Live charge you for just a small fraction of those features and it's a recurring cost. Sure the deal is sweetened with games but to maintain these features you need to keep on paying where as on Steam the cost is only the stuff you buy and the price you set fit. Some might see more value in PS+ or Live Gold where some might find even better value in tier 1 Humble Bundles for $1 a pop.
I agree with you here, and in the post you made after the one I quoted. This is why I think that those who see PS+ as incredible value are merely the vocal minority. That value depends on a number of factors, notably heavy investment in the PlayStation ecostystem and an interest in a wide range of genres.

It's a shame that a lot of user friendly features like cloud saves are locked behind paywall. It may seem like it's adding value to the sub but it really just makes those parts of console gaming look, in my eyes, really poor. I'm not looking forward to trying to play games when my sub expires and I'm at the mercy of downloading updates literally just when I'm about to play a game.

I still live in hope that YDKJ will return :(

Dr Dogg

Hey here's one for you folks or more over jshackles have any of you guys tried using Idle Master with that portable Steambot client and then running the regular client offline so you can play something without your drops rates getting screwed? I'm far too lazy to set Idle Master up on a separate machine tonight but might try it out and that would be an awesome package together.

I agree with you here, and in the post you made after the one I quoted. This is why I think that those who see PS+ as incredible value are merely the vocal minority. That value depends on a number of factors, notably heavy investment in the PlayStation ecostystem and an interest in a wide range of genres.

It's a shame that a lot of user friendly features like cloud saves are locked behind paywall. It may seem like it's adding value to the sub but it really just makes those parts of console gaming look, in my eyes, really poor. I'm not looking forward to trying to play games when my sub expires and I'm at the mercy of downloading updates literally just when I'm about to play a game.

I'm sure most can see some value in it but it's not a binary scale that some like to think, and those are usually the more aggressive and vocal defenders, you know defenders of a service from a corporate entity I'm not really bashing just don't value as much as others, only see it as tremendous value or YOU'RE BEING A HATER!!! Where as I see it as it's an ever constant evaluation of what you will get from one month to the next and augmented by how much you pay for the subscription offset by your own tastes and financial situation. I guess I'm an idealist :p

Dr Dogg

I'm sure there's a business opportunity out there for those willing to put in the hard work. You know like those middle man companies that sell you shit for you on eBay I'm sure there would be those whole would do the same for your cards, emotes, backgrounds and market and metagame faffery on Steam. There you go you can have that idea for free.

Arthea

why exactly sale badge is already craftable, sale didn't start yet. Is it a glitch?

It took me like 2 whole nights to manage all my cards, sell them, convert to gems, and make my badges.

I know what you are talking about, I'm still not done, and it took me all night and all day, I just can't anymore, bored out of my mind too, maybe I'll finish tomorrow finally

Sini

Was there a reason why Might and Magic III HD doesn't include expansions? I vaguely recall someone saying that they may have lost source files or something, but I can't find source for that claim.

Spyware

why exactly sale badge is already craftable, sale didn't start yet. Is it a glitch?

Why not? They released the cards a bit before the sale like the last bunch of sales. The difference is that they are not "mystery cards", and why should they be, really? they know people will use the market a lot during these days of auction/gem/whatever stuff, so they released the winter cards for that.

Top Bottom