• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

Lomax

my gf is interested in http://store.steampowered.com/app/248800/ . I was wondering, is it extremely cheap in russialand?

It's been bundled, you could probably track down some cheap keys.

Daily Indie Game has a new bundle
Price: 1.49$, BTA for 2 bundles
  • Depth Hunter 2
  • Rhythm Destruction
  • Chernobyl Commando
  • The moon sliver
  • Realms of the Haunting
  • Actua Soccer 3

Actua Soccer 3 was pulled from the store not long ago, for those that are interested in such things.

Assuming $0.5 for 1000 gems, pretty much everything is over priced.
Some software is way cheaper and currently worth bidding on. But this might change later on and I assume there will be bidding wars too.

(Click for top 100)

Gems just became marketable again, let's wait until people realize and adjust their bids. There are still 2 days to go.

dani_dc

Here you go:
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (dani_dc, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rhytm Destruction -- MB-5DD4835D59747929 - Taken by Kurt Russell
Chernobyl Commando -- MB-93F6F1CB35A3D1F3 - Taken by D3RANG3D
Moon Sliver -- MB-EA41E0A4F9BEEB6F - Taken by Leg-End
Depth Hunter 2 -- MB-30EFF63A367C610E - Taken by Purkake4
Realms of the Haunting -- MB-5993AFC90576C9C3 - Taken by Mavromatis
Actua Soccer 3 -- MB-0B25588A67D6CE3E - Taken by anastef

Hanzou

Haha the price in th gems just doubled in the last 15 minutes. I was out on my phone and just got home now. Missed out on some easy profit.

Lomax

I just don't see gems at 9-10 cents per 100 being sustainable, there's no boosters worth that much at this point and like has been pointed out, it rapidly puts most auction games at costs higher than their sale price. Short term maybe, but long term it's got to come back down.

You can't cancel top bids. So only way is up.

The first bids are the least interesting and meaningful, what the bids looks like around auctions 50-80 will be the most interesting to see.

derExperte

Haha the price in th gems just doubled in the last 15 minutes. I was out on my phone and just got home now. Missed out on some easy profit.

Already biting my butt because I didn't go all in with all my wallet immediately. Would've been 100->200 in a few minutes.

Videospel

Snatched a bag pretty cheap just 20 minutes ago. I realize now I should have bought 10.
Or what the heck, I should have bought a hundred. Oh well...

_hekk05

Banned
price for gems seems to have stablilised at 73 cents. Still worth it since its 90 cents if you buy backgrounds

someone just listed 10 of them at 65 cents each. Watched them disappear in 1 second

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
price for gems seems to have stablilised at 73 cents. Still worth it since its 90 cents if you buy backgrounds

Glad I sold all the gems I had left for about $6. So far I'm almost $20 ahead from this mini-game, although it's taken some work.

I'm not going to worry about winning anything in the auction, just buy something cool for $20 once the sale starts and consider it my "free gift".

Well just remember there are 4-5 more days of this, a decreasing amount of items to be made into gems, and top bid gems get eliminated, so prices should still steadily rise.

Glad I sold all the gems I had left for about $6. So far I'm almost $20 ahead from this mini-game, although it's taken some work.

I'm not going to worry about winning anything in the auction, just buy something cool for $20 once the sale starts and consider it my "free gift".

I'm thinking of cashing out and buying LA cops instead!

KiDdYoNe

People are just panicking... It'll will settle more or less at .90, right now the ones selling are the ones who tried to make a profit from buying low/selling high.

Yeah, i thought so. So the waiting game :)

I gave it a thought. So, backgrounds will go up, then gems will rise, few more times and i wanna see the price of that madness.

_hekk05

Banned
Is this volvo's gift to us?

Stock market simulator 2014 winter seal edition

Free to everyone who participated in the gem market

Well just remember there are 4-5 more days of this, a decreasing amount of items to be made into gems, and top bid gems get eliminated, so prices should still steadily rise.

The only reason why people want gems is to bid on auctions or to make boosters, so they have a real value. We'll reach an equilibrium at some point.

Maniac

Banned
Now imagine the russian price with a discount. I'll wager we'll get about 50-66% in winter.
That'd be less than 3€!

I watched some videos from Banished and it looks like the good type of micro-management. Would get it when <2€ via putin.

A similar game would be:

Also focuses about a small number of villagers instead of a megacity.

Was about to say that Retro Pixel thang looks nice and that I should wishlist it...

... Turns out I own it... What's wrong with me!? >_>'

I really want banished tho. My mate threw his GOG copy at me and I've been addicted ever since

But I want dat +1 and everything it entails!

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Hrrrmm... maybe I should just sell all my gems, since the booster packs I can make are not that expensive...

Actually, no, I can make go go japan booster packs for 750 gems and the 3 cards sell for more than a bag of 1k gems sell now

Dr Dogg

Meanwhile at Valve when they see the market going gemtastic...
raw

user237

someone just listed 10 of them at 65 cents each. Watched them disappear in 1 second

Yep, we just have to wait for everyone else to do the math that you did, and then the market will settle

I wish I could see the faces of some of those top bidders... At current Gem market value, the holiday profile is topped at ~$180, and CS:GO is ~$60.

Amazing, bidding $60 value for a game that is 1/4 that at full price.

Top Bottom