• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
always loved DOA stages. The trend seems to continue with 5

Maniac

Banned
Oh, come on. We're talking about video games, and sometimes spiders are gonna be in video games. They knowingly take that risk going into a gaming forum. Sure, if you know that somebody hates spiders, it's nice of you to not put spiders in their face. But it's all on the spider hater to avoid them. Plus I'm pretty sure there are extensions out there that can filter out "triggers" for people if it's really a problem.

Like if I was allergic to peanuts, should I expect everybody to go out of their way to not have peanuts around me? No, that's ridiculous. People can do as they damn well please, as long as they aren't intentionally trying to fuck with me. It's my job to avoid something that's gonna cause a problem.

That's an awful analogy. You can't simply make peanuts a URL link and make the problem disappear.

And you don't seem to know just how bad a peanut allergy can be, either. :p

Chariot

You don't want to buy it, but I CAN'T buy it ;__;
No money or an inferior real life waifu?

What about this?
8983599b6d.gif
mmgmhnnggh

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
in case it wasnt posted, from the other thread:

Mike Ross vs Combofiend matches in SF5. if you know your SF4, youll see how diferent a ton of the moves and animations are, for those that said it just looked like SF4

(the noodle bowl hat is...amazing)

FloatOn

I played metal gear revengeance earlier today. It also happens to be the first time I've played a platinum game.

.... It makes me feel like I'm terrible at video games :/

zkylon

zkylewd
except Zky's Arachnophobia is both ridiculously exagerated, and incredibly selective
it's selective but it's not selected by me. it might be hard for you to understand but that's kind of the thing about it being sort of a mental disorder, it doesn't really make that much sense.

i dunno what to say to you about the exaggerated thing, if i tell you i still have like tachychardia and i feel paranoid or uneasy or stressed would you believe me?

it doesn't really matter anyways.

it'd be nice if people didn't embed giant pictures of spiders or try to trick me with links but when someone does something that makes me feel bad i'll just leave. you have all the right in the world to post about whatever is in your mind and as long as it's not like trying to bully me i'm fine with it, i shouldn't have said anything when i saw that picture since it wasn't directed at me but it was like a jump scare and i got mad, so my mistake. i already have people set to ignore so i already use that function. it's pretty lame to see that "this person is in your ignore list" message instead of actually enjoying a conversation wih them, but whatever

and i'm sorry you don't like me but pls don't misrepresent my phobias as it makes the forum i love worse for me to be in

denx

I played metal gear revengeance earlier today. It also happens to be the first time I've played a platinum game.

.... It makes me feel like I'm terrible at video games :/

Learn how to parry, and get the Defensive Offense move (the game's dodge move). Otherwise bosses will wreck you.

Erudite

Is anyone else's Steam downloads acting strange lately? It absolutely refuses to download at time, saying that it's at 0kbs, then hops up to my normal peak (4mbs), then goes down to 120kbs, then to zero again. It also says "Busy Writing To Disk"

Very frustrating.
Check how much disk space on your HDD you have left.

Usually if mine is down to 2-3gb, I get the same error and have to clear out a bit of space.

Rhaknar

and i'm sorry you don't like me but pls don't misrepresent my phobias as it makes the forum i love worse for me to be in

first of all, good lord at jumping at the drama Zky. Its sad how more and more around here, its either "you are all amazing people and I love you and I love rainbows and puppies and marshmellow clouds" or you automaticall dont like someone or youre being "mean"

Are we all 12? I mean...maybe most are, but in real life, people can say things that arent agreable about someone and not mean they fucking hate that person.

second, people are making that guy feel like shit for posting a videogame picture on a videogame forum, as if everyone is supposed to know everyone here and what they like or dont like. Not exactly fair now is it? Like someone posting a picture of the spider boss in REmake (which, btw, will most likely happen soon lol) and getting chewed off as if it wasnt perfectly normal in a videogame forum.

but hey, im just mean and hate you I guess

zkylon

zkylewd
first of all, good lord at jumping at the drama Zky. Its sad how more and more around here, its either "you are all amazing people and I love you and I love rainbows and puppies and marshmellow clouds" or you automaticall dont like someone or youre being "mean"

Are we all 12? I mean...maybe most are, but in real life, people can say things that arent agreable about someone and not mean they fucking hate that person.

second, people are making that guy feel like shit for posting a videogame picture on a videogame forum, as if everyone is supposed to know everyone here and what they like or dont like. Not exactly fair now is it? Like someone posting a picture of the spider boss in REmake (which, btw, will most likely happen soon lol) and getting chewed off as if it wasnt perfectly normal in a videogame forum.

but hey, im just mean and hate you I guess
eh, if you want we can discuss the personal stuff over pms.

just wanted to make it clear that you shouldn't downplay my phobias, the only one that knows how it's like is me and if i say it's bad it's bad. as for the picture itself or whatever like i said before it's my fault for making that stupid post, i should've just left and not said anything. when people start talking about the re1 remake thing i'll just go do something else like i always do

Top Bottom