• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Ah shit, Raven's Cry was delayed again. What a train wreck this game will be :/

Wow. For something that was supposed to compete with Assassin's Creed 4 they've really missed their window of opportunity.

I am a fucking dumbass. My input lag problems were because well, my mouse was losing connection to the adapter (it's a wireless). Moved the adapters to front and problem solved.png

I also played some Sanic Generations too. Goddamn the 3D Sonic mechanics are bad. Also: SHUT THE FUCK UP KNUCKLES.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Wow. For something that was supposed to compete with Assassin's Creed 4 they've really missed their window of opportunity.

That's okay, now it can compete with the PC version of Rogue. ;)

Edit: Reinstalling my router's latest firmware seems to have fixed my sync stability issues. My sync speed still sucks (2Mbps) but I can live with that for the time being.

L.O.R.D

new scam
F31VPwI.jpg

i didn't click on it , they repost that in every account
i think its contain a virus that hack you account and sell your items or gift it to some one and repost that line in all your friend's wall

can anyone track who made this or where the gift goes to ?

Skyzard

Banned
They can scam with just a picture link?

Btw, wreckfest (on sale) is extremely fun, especially online multiplayer just crashing into each other. Bit bare bones at the moment but great for firing up to have a quick crash session.

L.O.R.D

They can scam with just a picture link?

Btw, wreckfest is extremely fun, especially online multiplayer just crashing into each other. Bit bare bones at the moment but great for firing up to have a quick crash session.

yes , and its not a normal picture , its contain some kind off injector i think

VikasNarula won Dead or Alive 5 : Last Round!!!

Direct your hate at him and not at me :B
After I missed out on yesterday's giveaway I went to the dispenser and traded keys for my copy. I probably wouldn't have won that one either! I am looking forward to it though, I really enjoyed the earlier games but haven't played one since the second or third one.

Turfster

...can they do the same with jpeg?
CCleaner clears that crap from the browser?
I'm guessing it only affects the browser?

Note the / at the end of the link, indicating it's a directory.
They can name it whatever they want.
If you want to really not sleep, read up on angler =p

_hekk05

Banned
Fucking hell.

Thanks for the headsup guys.

...can they do the same with jpeg?
CCleaner clears that crap from the browser?
I'm guessing it only affects the browser?

You can probably name the folder *.jpeg too. test it out yourself
Ggg.gif

The tell-tale sign is the / after the .png

Without the /, it should go to a 404 not found since there's no image file, I think...

Grief.exe

We missed a Dualshock 4 deal the other day for $30 from Rakuten. They shipped my Wii U like trash, but they have some good deals every so often.

Might just buy this Stranger's Wrath over at the Humble Store. Almost never see that game dip down lower than that, and I missed the one bundle it was in.

Speaking of, we still haven't heard anything about New N' Tasty?

Why are you guys using RO emoticons now? I went to the Market to see if you could use them on Steam now, but obviously they had to put shitty ones instead of true classics like
tumblr_lslg7gsQW31qgp134.gif
tumblr_lslgakFiFB1qgp134.gif
tumblr_lslg5jLWSM1qgp134.gif
or
ani_ok.gif

Fucking Gravity, man. I'd have bought them all

Jawmuncher

We missed a Dualshock 4 deal the other day for $30 from Rakuten. They shipped my Wii U like trash, but they have some good deals every so often.

Might just buy this Stranger's Wrath over at the Humble Store. Almost never see that game dip down lower than that, and I missed the one bundle it was in.

Speaking of, we still haven't heard anything about New N' Tasty?

It was a good deal if you had a Visa.
I would have been on it if I could have used my Mastercard.

Why are you guys using RO emoticons now? I went to the Market to see if you could use them on Steam now, but obviously they had to put shitty ones instead of true classics like
tumblr_lslg7gsQW31qgp134.gif
tumblr_lslg5jLWSM1qgp134.gif
or
ani_ok.gif

Fucking Gravity, man. I'd have bought them all

/no1, /shy and /sob are on there, as are the rock paper scissors ones! Search for just "Ragnarok".
Rice.gif

Tizoc

They should try doing downloadable sonic games. Not Sonic 4 Episode garbage but like the portable games with better sprite work and remove the recent gimmicks.
Agreed, as someone who is more used to the original Genesis Trilogy, I liked how the shields were implemented in Sonic 3, as with or without them you can still progress through certain paths and still have a good momentum.

The thing is that the platforming should be more automatic or with a smaller risk for failure since the focus is speed.

Agreed on this too, at worst the 'failure' would be losing rings, but if you've figured a stage's pattern you'd be able to complete it without ever taking damage.

I am a fucking dumbass. My input lag problems were because well, my mouse was losing connection to the adapter (it's a wireless). Moved the adapters to front and problem solved.png

I also played some Sanic Generations too. Goddamn the 3D Sonic mechanics are bad. Also: SHUT THE FUCK UP KNUCKLES.

The 3D/Modern Sonic stages are actually more well regarded than the Classic ones. NOt that the classic ones are bad, it's just that the 3D stand out more than that 2D in this game.

Zkylon suffers from arachnophobia, I guess most of people in here know that since I remember talking to him about this when Dark Souls II was released, yet someone puts a big picture of a spider right in plain sight. Really...?

Oh, come on. We're talking about video games, and sometimes spiders are gonna be in video games. They knowingly take that risk going into a gaming forum. Sure, if you know that somebody hates spiders, it's nice of you to not put spiders in their face. But it's all on the spider hater to avoid them. Plus I'm pretty sure there are extensions out there that can filter out "triggers" for people if it's really a problem.

Like if I was allergic to peanuts, should I expect everybody to go out of their way to not have peanuts around me? No, that's ridiculous. People can do as they damn well please, as long as they aren't intentionally trying to fuck with me. It's my job to avoid something that's gonna cause a problem.

Parsnip

I've been playing a bunch of Rooms: The Main Building, and it's pretty neat sliding puzzle game. You all should play it too. Its sequel has been greenlit as well.

Skyzard

Banned
Note the / at the end of the link, indicating it's a directory.
They can name it whatever they want.
If you want to really not sleep, read up on angler =p

You can probably name the folder *.jpeg too. test it out yourself
Ggg.gif

The tell-tale sign is the / after the .png

Without the /, it should go to a 404 not found since there's no image file, I think...

Ah okay thanks, that's a little more reassuring, I thought it would load it anyway.

Oh, come on. We're talking about video games, and sometimes spiders are gonna be in video games. They knowingly take that risk going into a gaming forum. Sure, if you know that somebody hates spiders, it's nice of you to not put spiders in their face. But it's all on the spider hater to avoid them. Plus I'm pretty sure there are extensions out there that can filter out "triggers" for people if it's really a problem.

Like if I was allergic to peanuts, should I expect everybody to go out of their way to not have peanuts around me? No, that's ridiculous. People can do as they damn well please, as long as they aren't intentionally trying to fuck with me. It's my job to avoid something that's gonna cause a problem.

Well, but that was a big spider and the problem could have been avoided if it was posted as a link or something like that.

/no1, /shy and /sob are on there, as are the rock paper scissors ones! Search for just "Ragnarok".
Rice.gif

You've got to be shitting me! They don't appear if you search for "Ragnarok online", damn.

Welp, this is the best Christmas gift I could hope for. Ah, the memories…

EDIT: They aren't animated, aren't they? Man, then I guess I'll just buy /no1...

Grief.exe

I tried to give the heads up to the $35 deal.

It looks like it's currently $30 at Sears.com. Check if there's in-store pickup, or price match at another store.

PS4 controller is now below $30 at Sears.com

I pricematched it at Best Buy when it was $29.99. I figured why not, use this as a PC controller and I should be getting a PS4 in the future.

Thanks for the heads up, think I will go pricematch that at my local Target right now.

Might be hit or miss as I can't add the controller to cart, but I've always had good luck over there.
Might also be able to get the white one instead of black

There have been a bunch of crazy sales at Sears the last few days, but stock has been extremely low/nonexistent.

I actually did end up ordering Mario Kart 8 from them, but the rest of the Kmart and Sears deals I have seen lately just ended up pricematching.

It's like they have these deals, but don't have the stock to supply the demand.

BlackJace

Is anyone else's Steam downloads acting strange lately? It absolutely refuses to download at time, saying that it's at 0kbs, then hops up to my normal peak (4mbs), then goes down to 120kbs, then to zero again. It also says "Busy Writing To Disk"

Very frustrating.

KarmaCow

The right click on my mouse is starting to die out. It still (mostly) works for single clicks but it simply wont recognize the button being held down. It either takes it as multiple inputs or flat out no response. I'm pretty sure it's a mechanical problem, I've even tried to discharge the capacitors with the rapid button press trick but that didn't work. It's fine for browsing the internet but for playing your average FPS, that means putting what would be normally right click to a side button which screws with the balance of the mouse when aiming.

It's a shame because I'm using a G700 which has the amazing benefit of acting as both a wired mouse via usb and a wireless one with a rechargeable battery. It's very convenient since I switch between desktop and TV all the time. I'm trying to find replacements that have that feature but I can't find one other than a G700S which doesn't have any good sales in Canada at the moment. Anyone have any suggestions?

AsfaeksBR

Anyone else here playing The Talos Principle?
And is it me or are the
"World" C
puzzles really hard? Like, I breezed through
the first 2 "Worlds"
, but now It's really hard...

Top Bottom