• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

Maniac

Banned
PS4 controller acquired, thanks for the heads up from Nabs and Ramoisdead for the deal at Sears. Had to pricematch at Target of course, but that was easy enough.

2tlyWa2.jpg

Wish they were selling the anniversary controllers separately.

Aww, I'm friggin' jelly! The cheapest I've seen it for in euroland thus far has been about sixty bucks (Or 50? I don't remember :p). And locally it's worse, like 70 or 80. And I want one soooo bad. And damnit, that anniversary controller... Hnnnngh
eh, if you want we can discuss the personal stuff over pms.

just wanted to make it clear that you shouldn't downplay my phobias, the only one that knows how it's like is me and if i say it's bad it's bad. as for the picture itself or whatever like i said before it's my fault for making that stupid post, i should've just left and not said anything. when people start talking about the re1 remake thing i'll just go do something else like i always do

I dunno, I honestly find it to be common courtesy to post stuff in a link or some such if it's something that people commonly have phobias of. Arachnophobia is incredibly widespread. And ofcourse, people can do what they wish, but common courtesy shouldn't be scoffed at, and posting such things in links are more often than not a quite common courtesy in most places, including... Ring-a-ding-ding, this forum. Mostly.

And Rhak, it's not really like people jumped down anyones throat, people were just pointing out that a very active member of this forum has arachnophobia, and there's nothing wrong with that. There's a difference between jumping on someone and giving them a heads-up, and most of what I saw was a heads-up.

... Most.

PS: If you tried to eat peanuts and talk to me at the same time I would punch you. I've been hospitalised because someone in class was eating peanuts next to me, lol.

Grief.exe

Lucky. Was going to jump on it but no sears here carries them.

I would recommend just getting the controller pricematched from Target, Best Buy, Walmart, etc. There are all these Sears and Kmart deals that keep coming up, but they don't seem to have the inventory available to support them.

Now this is a fine taste, love the design of this controller. Have you got your Wii-U fixed by the way? Hope all is well!

Thanks Monk! Wii U is in the mail for an RMA, they will replace it when it gets back to the factory. Should be there tomorrow, so hopefully their turnaround is quick, though I doubt it.

Bo6SEmR.png

Aww, I'm friggin' jelly! The cheapest I've seen it for in euroland thus far has been about sixty bucks (Or 50? I don't remember :p). And locally it's worse, like 70 or 80. And I want one soooo bad. And damnit, that anniversary controller... Hnnnngh

Controller prices are ridiculous right now. Been plenty of DS4 and XBO controller drops, but haven't seen too many for Wii U, at least as far as the States are concerned.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
yo, J or the one that punches men arent in Sydney right? :(

oipic

yo, J or the one that punches men arent in Sydney right? :(

Jase is thousands of kilometres away, but I have the feeling that MP might be a Sydney-sider? AusGAF would be comprised of many folks from Sydney.

I'm in Melbourne, but the Sydney office of my firm is nearby to the cafe in question, and in lock-down - headcounts are being taken etc. Can't imagine how terrifying this must be for all caught up in this in any way.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Jase is thousands of kilometres away, but I have the feeling that MP might be a Sydney-sider? AusGAF would be comprised of many folks from Sydney.

I'm in Melbourne, but the Sydney office of my firm is nearby to the cafe in question, and in lock-down - headcounts are being taken etc. Can't imagine how terrifying this must be for all caught up in this in any way.

I didnt know you were a koala wrangler also pic... stay away from coffee shops aparently :(

KoF music is so good

Was that by chance the only game you played this year?

Nope, but HB is mind boggling and I'm enjoying discovering what is going on the St.Pigeonations school and what happened to the world.

So when do the auctions start?

The page says Dec 16th 2.45am so in about 14 and a bit hours, but I'm not sure if that is AEDST or valve/seattle/pst time.

So when do the auctions start?

The page says Dec 16th 2.45am so in about 14 and a bit hours, but I'm not sure if that is AEDST or valve/seattle/pst time.

It must be local time, because I get this:

"Recycle Steam Community items like Trading Cards, backgrounds, and emoticons from your Inventory into Gems and use them to bid on games up for auction. The first auction round ends on 15 Dec @ 1:45pm with a new round ending every 45 minutes until the last auction round ends on 18 Dec @ 4:00pm. At the end of each auction round, the top bidder for each title wins."

_hekk05

Banned
wth does ping me mean?

Ping is a computer network administration utility used to test the reachability of a host on an Internet Protocol (IP) network and to measure the round-trip time for messages sent from the originating host to a destination computer. The name comes from active sonar terminology which sends a pulse of sound and listens for the echo to detect objects underwater.

zkylon

zkylewd
had a fun time streaming mirrormoon ep with freshveggie

we scouted the galaxy and named some moons after us and got confused at magical beams

that's actually really cool, gj steam

something works!

Rise of the Planet of the Pigeons, humanity never stood a chance against the pigeons.

I was right my whole life on being paranoid about pigeons.

It's incredible, isn't it?

Yes, when I first started I thought it was just a silly Otome VN where you date pigeons but the events took a different turn than what I was expecting. So far I've finished the following routes
Okosan (normal and true), Anghel, Yuuya, Kazuaki and the bad ending
and I only started to understand that there are more to the story when I was going through
Yuuya
route.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I was right my whole life on being paranoid about pigeons.

Yes, when I first started I thought it was just a silly Otome VN where you date pigeons but the events took a different turn than what I was expecting. So far I've finished the following routes
Okosan (normal and true), Anghel, Yuuya, Kazuaki and the bad ending
and I only started to understand that there are more to the story when I was going through
Yuuya
route.

Oh man, so you haven't even gotten to the fun parts yet.

BtmLoLc.jpg

denx

not on normal (I dont know what difficulty he's playing at)

He wrecked me on normal, spent an hour trying to beat the bastard, but I did get more or less the hang on parrying by the end of it. If he's inexperienced in character action / spectacle fighter games, then he's likely gonna suffer at the Blade Wolf battle if he doesn't know how to parry by then.

Rhaknar

He wrecked me on normal, spent an hour trying to beat the bastard, but I did get more or less the hang on parrying by the end of it. If he's inexperienced in character action / spectacle fighter games, then he's likely gonna suffer at the Blade Wolf battle if he doesn't know how to parry by then.

its the dog boss right? wolf whatever. I just ran around like a maniac when he was doing his charge, and mashed my way through it, eating those health pellets when needed.

I never parried once, I didnt even know how to lol

Cheddahz

Banned

zkylon

zkylewd
i do wish you could set no invite needed or invite only in a per game basis rather than having to change settings and whatever

like i wouldn't mind having broadcast without asking permission for all games except that it gives me like 900 ping in league of legends

all i'm asking is one character with a cool design

one

are you on commission

was this what everything else was about

Top Bottom