• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

Jawmuncher

all i'm asking is one character with a cool design

one

Bayman is Sexy as fuck
DOA5_FighterPack_Bayman.jpg

Also can't forget Zack

zkylon

zkylewd
also i'm having fun don't take me too seriously

it's like sakura spirit, i just like shaming people from no moral grounds as i play mitsuru whatever

denx

its the dog boss right? wolf whatever. I just ran around like a maniac when he was doing his charge, and mashed my way through it, eating those health pellets when needed.

I never parried once, I didnt even know how to lol

I only beat Blade Wolf once I managed to do some perfect parries, once you get a hang on that the battle becomes a cakewalk.

looks great but early access :/

Distance and Next Car Game are about to make me break my no early accede rule.

zkylon

zkylewd
this fault game has pretty great art

i kinda want to play some of these visual novels because the art looks interesting but i wish they were like rpgs or something

i like reading but i need to kill something to break the pacing

Was about to say that Retro Pixel thang looks nice and that I should wishlist it...
... Turns out I own it... What's wrong with me!? >_>'
I really want banished tho. My mate threw his GOG copy at me and I've been addicted ever since
But I want dat +1 and everything it entails!
Haha. Yeah, I feel you. It doesn't make sense but if games bought via GOG would net Steam keys, I'd be all over it.
I am really curious how GOG Galaxy will turn out.

So you got Banished on GOG? Nice and jelly. How did you like it?
-
Wow. Just noticed Distance has a storepage!

Somehow reminds me of pod. Ah, good times.

Totally recommend taking a look at fellow gaffer Phawx's impressions video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUKOjyZNUZk&list=UUNpxh2vUm0kZJP_D6C4OMSA
Besides gorgeous visuals, I really dig how zen-like the gameplay is.

Here a quote gif of the video. Really caught me by surprise first time seeing it, hah.
rsqrry.gif

tqtlwy.gif

-
had a fun time streaming mirrormoon ep with freshveggie
we scouted the galaxy and named some moons after us and got confused at magical beams
that's actually really cool, gj steam
something works!
yup. i had fun too :) and now even a weird moon named after me, hah.
i knew about mirrormoon only by the media in its storepage, so i was quite shocked how abstract the game actually is.
-
So, Stranded Deep is coming out in January. Looks really good.
http://youtu.be/qawXmda9ebY
very interested in this! always wanted to play a survival game without anything supernatural or funny. just survival. also love survival shows like bear grylls'.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
new naruto game for ps4/xb1/pc

cool that new shit is day 1 for pc now, namco be learning. wonder how well the others sold, I dont remember seeing them chart, but that doesnt mean much

Everyone wants a Naruto game at 60 FPS.

And you'll probably never get one.

I think it's worse in arcade mode. Found it impossible to counter him in that version.

You don't need to counter him in that fight. NGZ mode gives you such an open arena to stay away from him and move in safely that the fight is nothing compared to the *near* 1-hit death with bad camera angles during that second round of the fight. As much as I love Yaiba, I was getting seriously sick of the intro to that fight... and no matter how much I tried to channel my inner Yaiba, repeating "I know exactly what's going to happen", it turned out I was bluffing most of the time. :p

Time to craft badges! Why? I have no clue but I feel I must do it every so often. Goodbye 1.91 in steam wallet.

I was thinking of doing this, junking the items for gems if they didn't sell for jack, and selling (or holding on to, with intent to sell on Thursday) the winter card I received in the process.

Turfster

I think it's worse in arcade mode. Found it impossible to counter him in that version.

I finally got past it (I restarted from game on Easy yesterday because I still couldn't get past that one bullshit three stage fight), but it was sad and really fucking unfair.
There were times I just straight up got stunlocked out of the gate and died immediately.

I finally got past it (I restarted from game on Easy yesterday because I still couldn't get past that one bullshit three stage fight), but it was sad and really fucking unfair.
There were times I just straight up got stunlocked out of the gate and died immediately.

Stun... lock?
One hit from Hayabusa on hard or higher is pretty much death. :lol

The only actual hard part of that fight is stage 2, mostly because there's no slugs.
But once you learn a few of the more heavy damage range combos (and when to use them) it becomes all about dodging.
The spotty parts that usually had me howling with rage usually revolved either (1) around Ryu and his homing fire arrows that magically change course and (2) Ryu's ability to ignore stunlock randomly and come out of it to get a hit in as I was hitting him with the 4x Y punch combo.

Top Bottom