• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

You know what I mean =p
he started whaling on me and the counter didn't "take", so he just slapchopped me to death in one long combo =p

I know what you mean, I was just feigning surprise because in my experience it was basically "get hit and die". Especially on the hardest difficulty when I fucked up and erased my NG+ status taking away all the upgrades.

Turfster

I know what you mean, I was just feigning surprise because in my experience it was basically "get hit and die". Especially on the hardest difficulty when I fucked up and erased my NG+ status taking away all the upgrades.
Well, I went down to easy after just not being able to get past that fight that just kept on dragging on on normal.

Well, I went down to easy after just not being able to get past that fight that just kept on dragging on on normal.

That's the one spot I usually try to prepare people for and offer to give advice on if people want it, because it's quite a ramp up in difficulty, and it sucks to get that far in the game and then hit the wall so close to the end. If I hadn't seen that you made it passed him, I would have hit you up on steam chat and tried to help. :p

Y'know, we posters whom nobody listens to need to stick together. ;)

Gvaz

Banned
how the fuck do you tell what position in the bid you are?

I want to see if I have to raise or lower my bid in order to win

Gvaz

Banned
Is there a way I can:

Keep pc in bedroom
put tv in living room (using a tv for a monitor)
go in living room and play steam games on couch?

Without hooking up a long ass wire through the wall or something?

Is there a way I can:

Keep pc in bedroom

In home streaming, possibly.
Or, you know, move PC to living room...

Coldsun

Banned
Is there a way I can:

Keep pc in bedroom

Possibly a wireless HDMI for the display. As for a wireless control solution *shrug*.

If you have a laptop you can do the inhome streaming which would be a better solution.

Gvaz

Banned
In home streaming, possibly.
Or, you know, move PC to living room...

No, i'm not moving the pc to the living room, unless I can setup some kind of monitor in the bedroom and use my keyboard and mouse in there.

I don't have a laptop and i'm not buying one.

I can probably use blutooth for keyboard/mouse/gamepad.

Coldsun

Banned
No, i'm not moving the pc to the living room, unless I can setup some kind of monitor in the bedroom and use my keyboard and mouse in there.

I don't have a laptop and i'm not buying one.

Totally out of luck then as having a responsive control solution could become virtually impossible depending on the range.

Gvaz

Banned
Apparently what I need to do is buy a steambox and set that up in the living room and just do home streaming to the steambox, so I can keep the two separate like they need to be.

abracadaver

How do you deal with almost every game asking for access to do something whenever you start it? I always click no. If I click yes steam wants to install direct x and shit. Is there a way to stop that?

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I finished up Year Walk.

It's beautiful, scary, and a mind fuck. The achievements are easy, but kind of dumb? I also got impatient with some of the puzzles (listening to the musical voices, the grave stone dots). Still, I recommend it. Thanks Kagemusha, for giving it away.

How do you deal with almost every game asking for access to do something whenever you start it? I always click no. If I click yes steam wants to install direct x and shit. Is there a way to stop that?

It only suppose to do that once, but if it does it more than once then that means that it might be silently crashing or not completing the DirectX install or w/e.

It only suppose to do that once, but if it does it more than once then that means that it might be silently crashing or not completing the DirectX install or w/e.

Well if he tells it not to every time he initially launches a new game, it will perpetually do it until the game is satisifed, even if it runs well without it. The best answer, as someone pointed out, is to let it do it's thing and then when you uninstall the game, run that steam cleaner.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
what's it like

I have no idea, I haven't played it, I've just been looking forward to it coming out :p

I think InfiniteNine had access to the beta, if I remember right, so they might know more about it.

It's supposed to be a somewhat dark sci-fi linear kinetic novel inspired by sci-fi works from the 80's, and the art looks pretty good.

abracadaver

I always click no because I fear that the game comes with an old version of some driver that overwrites my current one. Or is that not how it works? Does a game from 2006 come with the latest directx?

yogloo

Whoa. Gem price went up. I wonder if I should sell my 5 sack now.
Wow. Emoticons and backgrounds prices all went up with the gem price.

I always click no because I fear that the game comes with an old version of some driver that overwrites my current one. Or is that not how it works? Does a game from 2006 come with the latest directx?

I always let it install the C++ package as I believe it's basically insurance for system compatibility. I always skip the DirectX install though because I know I have the latest version.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
No pervs online? Boo. I'll save it for when I wake up then.

perv here, but I have it already, so I dont give a fuck. but 24hour raffles are the stuff hell's toilet water is made of in my opinion, so just wait and do a 3 hour one tomorow / later (I dont know your timezone)

seriously, 24hr raffles are evil >_>

Top Bottom